Green FWGer

Re: a topic we should discuss

Postby Epicstranger » 07 Aug 2014, 09:15

India needs feminism

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Aug 2014, 01:43

A little upset nobody argued w/ me, to be honest. Anyway, the only point I would like to make is because the non-feminist feminists who ruined the term of feminism ruined the word feminism, I think feminism should be renamed to I think someone said equalism? I think that would work best, because feminism really does sound like it's only about how women are treated badly when it's so much more.

With a word like equalism it could be not just about the equal rights of women, but for everyone. A movement for nobody to be discriminated against, no matter race, religion, gender, sexuality, whatever. Dig?
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 17 Aug 2014, 01:51

Fuipui wrote:A little upset nobody argued w/ me, to be honest. Anyway, the only point I would like to make is because the non-feminist feminists who ruined the term of feminism ruined the word feminism, I think feminism should be renamed to I think someone said equalism? I think that would work best, because feminism really does sound like it's only about how women are treated badly when it's so much more.

With a word like equalism it could be not just about the equal rights of women, but for everyone. A movement for nobody to be discriminated against, no matter race, religion, gender, sexuality, whatever. Dig?

nah, we should just rename it to common sense.
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 17 Aug 2014, 13:49

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:
Fuipui wrote:A little upset nobody argued w/ me, to be honest. Anyway, the only point I would like to make is because the non-feminist feminists who ruined the term of feminism ruined the word feminism, I think feminism should be renamed to I think someone said equalism? I think that would work best, because feminism really does sound like it's only about how women are treated badly when it's so much more.

yes but that's not how the privileged see it, boxy

if we were all equal then the only issue would be corruption and stuff like rape culture which in itself fuels inequality
Image FWG Potential Princess 2016

#FreeWorldFinder 2nd place in Scavenger Hunt
#3 in the Halloween competition
~ it's a perfect day / to float away ~

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Aug 2014, 20:50

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:

That also works, seeing how many people lack common sense.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 17 Aug 2014, 20:50

Fuipui wrote:
IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:

bless u

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 17 Aug 2014, 20:54

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:
Fuipui wrote:
IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:

bless u

+1
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 20 Aug 2014, 16:10

It’s Monday. I’m going home at 6pm and a middle aged man and a teenage boy are the only people left on the bus with me. I consider the fact that because the driver is also a man I am the only person left on the bus with the correct genetic makeup for boobs. I’m automatically scared, scared because of my own anatomy. I wonder how old I was when I realized that my own body was going to be the cause of the constant anxiety and fear I feel in situations like this. I get off at the last stop and the older man smiles at me while following me up the street. His smile drips, drips, drips and my heart is pounding, pounding, pounding. He turns off down another road, but I run the rest of the way home.
Not all men.

I’m at home on a Tuesday, beginning to plan the travels I want to go on next year. I dream of wandering the streets and meeting strangers. I just can’t wait to escape the city I’ve lived in for 17 long years. But… my mum is hesitant. She’s forever worried about the danger that being a young girl traveling alone can bring. I’ll be alone and she’s scared. Surely I’m invincible. I feel invincible. But I know, I know this danger is real and I can’t help but think to myself, if I feel unsafe in my own city, how am i going to feel in a strange place with strange men who don’t speak the same language as me? If I was my brother planning this, I would probably just be wondering if European girls are going to be hot.

Not all men.

Wednesday is a beautiful sunny day but I’ve always been told that I don’t have a “nice enough body” to wear a bikini on the beach. Ever since I was 6 years old I’ve thought that having tummy fat was ugly. That skin that doesn’t have a perfectly golden glow is undesirable. I amble to a clear patch of sand in my one piece and I can feel pairs of eyes latching onto me. Hairy men in speedos who I don’t look twice at eat into my body with their stares. I’m a piece of meat. I am a piece of meat? I am here for their amusement. Please don’t let me be eaten alive.

Not all men.

Thursday night two friends and I are walking to our god damn school dance when we hear “Jesus look at you! You sluts heading to a pole?” These words snarl out of the mouth of a respectably dressed man and we stop in horror. Shivers roll up my back in fear. It’s dark. We are alone. What. Do. We. Do??? One of us pulls the finger back. I can never be sure how quickly a sexist man can get angry so we walk quickly away. We’re angry, so so angry. But also so… deflated. I wonder if we deserve this shame.

Not all men.

Sitting on the internet, Friday night and scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed:

“Haha, good job at the game today bro. You RAPED them!”
“Damn with tits like that, you’re asking for it :P

Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…

I’m shrinking and shrinking and shrinking and I want to CRY because these boys don’t realize how small they make me feel with just pressing a few keys. I see these boys on the streets, I talk to these boys, I laugh with these boys. Dear GOD, dear GOD i hope these boys don’t think actions speak louder than words…

Not all men.

Three rules that have been drilled into me since I was young run through my mind at 1.30am on a Satur… Sunday Morning:

-Don’t ever talk to strange men
-Don’t ever be alone at night in a strange place
-Don’t ever get into a car with a stranger

I break all 3 of these laws as I pull open the taxi door. Making light conversation with the driver, he doesn’t see my sweaty hand clutching the small pocket knife I keep hidden on me at all times. He doesn’t even realize the fear I feel at his mere presence. He cannot comprehend it, he never will. How easy would this 15 minute car ride be if I was born a boy?

Not all men.

It comes to Sunday, another snoozy, sleepy, Sunday and someone has the AUDACITY to tell me not all men are rapists. I say nothing.

I’m a 17 year old girl.
When I am walking alone and it’s dark, it’s all men.
When I am in a car with a man I don’t know well, it’s all men.
When men drunkenly leer at me on the streets, it’s all men.
When a boy won’t leave me alone at a party, it’s all men.

Not all men are rapists. But for a young girl like me? Every one of them has the potential to be.

Not.
All.
Men.

shit.

this hits hard.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 20 Aug 2014, 18:37

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:
It’s Monday. I’m going home at 6pm and a middle aged man and a teenage boy are the only people left on the bus with me. I consider the fact that because the driver is also a man I am the only person left on the bus with the correct genetic makeup for boobs. I’m automatically scared, scared because of my own anatomy. I wonder how old I was when I realized that my own body was going to be the cause of the constant anxiety and fear I feel in situations like this. I get off at the last stop and the older man smiles at me while following me up the street. His smile drips, drips, drips and my heart is pounding, pounding, pounding. He turns off down another road, but I run the rest of the way home.
Not all men.

I’m at home on a Tuesday, beginning to plan the travels I want to go on next year. I dream of wandering the streets and meeting strangers. I just can’t wait to escape the city I’ve lived in for 17 long years. But… my mum is hesitant. She’s forever worried about the danger that being a young girl traveling alone can bring. I’ll be alone and she’s scared. Surely I’m invincible. I feel invincible. But I know, I know this danger is real and I can’t help but think to myself, if I feel unsafe in my own city, how am i going to feel in a strange place with strange men who don’t speak the same language as me? If I was my brother planning this, I would probably just be wondering if European girls are going to be hot.

Not all men.

Wednesday is a beautiful sunny day but I’ve always been told that I don’t have a “nice enough body” to wear a bikini on the beach. Ever since I was 6 years old I’ve thought that having tummy fat was ugly. That skin that doesn’t have a perfectly golden glow is undesirable. I amble to a clear patch of sand in my one piece and I can feel pairs of eyes latching onto me. Hairy men in speedos who I don’t look twice at eat into my body with their stares. I’m a piece of meat. I am a piece of meat? I am here for their amusement. Please don’t let me be eaten alive.

Not all men.

Thursday night two friends and I are walking to our god damn school dance when we hear “Jesus look at you! You sluts heading to a pole?” These words snarl out of the mouth of a respectably dressed man and we stop in horror. Shivers roll up my back in fear. It’s dark. We are alone. What. Do. We. Do??? One of us pulls the finger back. I can never be sure how quickly a sexist man can get angry so we walk quickly away. We’re angry, so so angry. But also so… deflated. I wonder if we deserve this shame.

Not all men.

Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…

I’m shrinking and shrinking and shrinking and I want to CRY because these boys don’t realize how small they make me feel with just pressing a few keys. I see these boys on the streets, I talk to these boys, I laugh with these boys. Dear GOD, dear GOD i hope these boys don’t think actions speak louder than words…

Not all men.

Three rules that have been drilled into me since I was young run through my mind at 1.30am on a Satur… Sunday Morning:

I break all 3 of these laws as I pull open the taxi door. Making light conversation with the driver, he doesn’t see my sweaty hand clutching the small pocket knife I keep hidden on me at all times. He doesn’t even realize the fear I feel at his mere presence. He cannot comprehend it, he never will. How easy would this 15 minute car ride be if I was born a boy?

Not all men.

It comes to Sunday, another snoozy, sleepy, Sunday and someone has the AUDACITY to tell me not all men are rapists. I say nothing.

I’m a 17 year old girl.

Not all men are rapists. But for a young girl like me? Every one of them has the potential to be.

Not.
All.
Men.

shit.

this hits hard.

It's this that indeed hit like a ton of bricks. It feels like almost we have to slaughter more than half of the male population to be respectable, being instantly branded like that hurts but I can see the thing behind it. Here is what a great deal of our 'half' I don't think exactly half of the populous is male but here is what it is:

Rapists
Murderers
Terrorists
Arsonists
Burglars
Slanderers
Cat callers
Self-righteous
Judgemental
First to throw the stone

The list goes on and on and on and on.Being one half of the population makes you susceptible to being raped and one makes you legible to be branded as a rapist at first look. There is not much I can add to this argument.

-edit-

There has yet to be anything of what I would call catcalling in Scotland, the Saturday nights are dangerous for everyone, not just women, and if you call a woman anything, she will retaliate and rip you in two. I would like to see anyone who considers one of these males described, come to Scotland. Try it. See how the nation legendary for being accepting treats you for being an asshole.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 21 Aug 2014, 00:53

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:
Not all men.

Not all men.

Not all men.

Not all men.

Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…
Another sexist comment…

Not all men.

Not all men.

I’m a 17 year old girl.

Not.
All.
Men.

shit.

this hits hard.

I first wrote a random generalized comment but no one would look at that so let's take this out the looong way.

Monday- girl simply fusses too much about feminist bull making her think all men are rapists so even a normal middle aged guy makes her feel unsafe.

Tuesday- girl simply fusses too much about the same feminist bull making her fear for what should probably be a fun moving to another city. Mother also has same issues. Brother unaffected by feminist bull would probably have a good time indeed.

Wednesday- Girl insecure about her body cause of random fashion standards that she gives more importance than needed is afraid to go out on a bikini and them thanks to random self-insecurity feels like all "hairy guys in speedos" that oh apparently are appealing by the same standards she despises, the fashion standards, (ironic isn't it) make her feel unsafe cause apparently most of men could be rapists.

Thursday- girl and friends meet an asshole that apparently cause he is well dressed represents all respectable men. I can show you many respectable women of the 1940s that would tell you the same thing, would they rape you?

Friday- Girl takes what she reads on the internet by her immature friends to be the truth. If you hang out with I!mature people then what do you even expect miss?

Also, actions ARE louder than words. That sentence was the greatest bull I've ever seen in ALL of time. If actions were the same as words then you should probably place in prison EVERY single 10 year old playing Call of Duty.

Sunday- We learn that the girlie there that is 17 is just fussing over her imagination.

If you read a book, called Fears of a White Man, I think, we had that book as an assignment last year. It is a book written by some neonazi guy saying that he doesn't hate the black guys, he just is afraid of them and kills them to protect his family. The books purpose was to show that those people actually did what they did cause they thought in their sick minds that they actually helped others. Because the level of propaganda in their heads was just too much.That's EXACTLY the same propaganda as your feminazi's here. Yes I agree it seems showy but it is SO appalling to read its conclusion that I just had to write all this.

Life is much fun. Enjoy it without fussing over idiotic feministic bull that want to make you afraid to walk alone, go out, via it other countries, speak to people that speak to you respectfully, live.

If you believe that all men are a threat to rape you then let me remind you. Your father could also be a threat. So could your brother. So could your grandpa. So could your son (if you ever get one), or your grandson. If every man poses a threat to you then you are no different than the people that were threatened by every single Jew, African, Muslim (or christian, respectively). Saying you are afraid of all men cause they could be rapists is racist beyond measure.

It does hit hard indeed. It hits hard on what people actually read and believe these days. A shame, truly.

Return to “Serious Discussion”