US idiots and their guns

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

US idiots and their guns

Postby Dr Frook » 27 Aug 2014, 23:32

Yes you heard it right. When a 9 year old is taught how to use an Uzi there is something wrong with the world:

"A nine-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting range instructor in Arizona after the recoil on the Uzi submachine-gun she was learning to use sent the weapon over her head.

The instructor, Charles Vacca, 39, was standing next to the girl at an outdoor range when the accident happened on Monday, the Mohave County Sheriff's Office said.

"At about 10:00am, deputies responded to the Last Stop business located at 20606 North Highway 93 in White Hills. Investigations determined a nine-year-old girl accidentally shot the instructor in the head," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

The girl's family was visiting the shooting range while on holiday, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A video released by the sheriff's office shows Mr Vacca helping the girl with her stance and her grip on the gun before she fires a test shot.

"All right," Mr Vacca is heard saying.

The girl fires a few more shots and the weapon appears to tilt to the left before the video abruptly ends.

Mr Vacca was airlifted to a medical centre in Las Vegas, about 100 kilometres away, but died shortly after.

"This is a rarity for something like this to happen," a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told the Los Angeles Times.
"

your thoughts on this idiocy?
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: US idiots and their guns

Postby The Divine Potato » 28 Aug 2014, 16:12

And this is why Britain is the best nation. We have amongst the tightest gun laws, no need to worry about guns. Worst thing you could get is a machete blade to the face but that's only if you couldn't outrun your attacker, the man should've stood behind her that's all I say.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 28 Aug 2014, 16:46

The Divine Potato wrote:And this is why Britain is the best nation. We have amongst the tightest gun laws, no need to worry about guns. Worst thing you could get is a machete blade to the face but that's only if you couldn't outrun your attacker, the man should've stood behind her that's all I say.

Actually strict gun laws don't really help either.
You never need to go to the extremes.
EG British people can never overthrow their government without outside help even if their government literally destroys them, that's what strict gun laws do.

You need to find the middle ground is all

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 28 Aug 2014, 17:03

Shadow00 wrote:
The Divine Potato wrote:And this is why Britain is the best nation. We have amongst the tightest gun laws, no need to worry about guns. Worst thing you could get is a machete blade to the face but that's only if you couldn't outrun your attacker, the man should've stood behind her that's all I say.

EG British people can never overthrow their government without outside help even if their government literally destroys them, that's what strict gun laws do.

The US constitution has given you this. It most certainly needs a bit of redoing

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 28 Aug 2014, 21:21

The Divine Potato wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:

The US constitution has given you this. It most certainly needs a bit of redoing

Do not insult the US Constitution, especially on misunderstandings like the 2nd Amendment. Criticize a loophole, okay, but a misunderstanding you can clear up yourself by actually reading the damn piece of paper is not acceptable.

The 2nd Amendment grants the citizens of the United States the right to form local militia aiming to protect, serve, and defend the communities it is established in. As time went on and society advanced, as well as technology and the bureaucracy of nations, local militias were transferred from the people to the Public as, "the Police",which is one of the main reasons why I'm 124% against disarming the police force coughcoughbritishgovernmentcoughcgouh

Now, should the Police get tanks, an air force, chemical weapons, advanced assault rifles, anti-mine carriers or military sound equipment? Hell no.

But if you want your gun rights, earn them. Do something with it.

I'm getting sick and tired of combating crazy gun right-extremists who indirectly excuse the death of innocents so they can keep their shitty hunting sports.

How many more deaths is it going to take before we begin reforming the gun training classes, and enforce background checks so this doesn't happen anymore? The fact that there has been what, 70-something school shootings since Newton of 2013 and people still haven't taken a step back and used logic to reform the system?

It's honestly not that hard. It may be hard with reforming classes and a system to secure the background checks, but it sure as hell isn't hard giving public statements, saying you're going to do something about it, the contact professionals about how to tackle the problem. Which is what we should've done a long, long time ago.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 28 Aug 2014, 23:24

To be honest, I think we really shouldn't even have guns we should just be using swords to fight each other and stuff. The world would be so much better without that stuff. We wouldn't have so many people desensitized to violence what with all the video games of people shooting each other with guns and stuff like that. In a better world, we wouldn't have it all, but humanity is stupid so now instead of calmly explaining to someone that they are getting on your nerves, you yell at them and threaten to beat them up.
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Blood Knight
FWG Minor Noble

Postby Blood Knight » 29 Aug 2014, 02:28

FWG Leader wrote:Yes you heard it right. When a 9 year old is taught how to use an Uzi there is something wrong with the world:

"A nine-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting range instructor in Arizona after the recoil on the Uzi submachine-gun she was learning to use sent the weapon over her head.

The instructor, Charles Vacca, 39, was standing next to the girl at an outdoor range when the accident happened on Monday, the Mohave County Sheriff's Office said.

"At about 10:00am, deputies responded to the Last Stop business located at 20606 North Highway 93 in White Hills. Investigations determined a nine-year-old girl accidentally shot the instructor in the head," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

The girl's family was visiting the shooting range while on holiday, the Los Angeles Times reported.

A video released by the sheriff's office shows Mr Vacca helping the girl with her stance and her grip on the gun before she fires a test shot.

"All right," Mr Vacca is heard saying.

The girl fires a few more shots and the weapon appears to tilt to the left before the video abruptly ends.

Mr Vacca was airlifted to a medical centre in Las Vegas, about 100 kilometres away, but died shortly after.

"This is a rarity for something like this to happen," a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told the Los Angeles Times.
"

your thoughts on this idiocy?

The video where it actually shows him getting shot in the head was brutal. His face was pudding after. O_O
@echo off
color a
:A
echo %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%
goto :A

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 29 Aug 2014, 22:58

yeah I can imagine. That girl will be scared for life - thanks to her parents.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 30 Aug 2014, 06:54

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:To be honest, I think we really shouldn't even have guns we should just be using swords to fight each other and stuff. The world would be so much better without that stuff. We wouldn't have so many people desensitized to violence what with all the video games of people shooting each other with guns and stuff like that. In a better world, we wouldn't have it all, but humanity is stupid so now instead of calmly explaining to someone that they are getting on your nerves, you yell at them and threaten to beat them up.

If people decided to fight with swords, wars would take 100 years each. And they were more brutal (eg beheadings, spilling guts, cutting body parts off, gouging eyes off etc). Can a country live with 100 years of that? Doubted.

There is no perfect world and there never will be, so that argument is invalid.
People will always kill each other off, and video games that are "desensitizing people to violence" are your only means of actually making people NOT kill each other these days. But that's a whole other topic.

Yes I agree guns don't do good to people, but I also think that without guns, people would be waaaaaay worse off

Anyhow, point is that guns help wars end faster.
Casualty ratio is higher? Well if it wasn't we would have so great an overpopulation crisis that it wouldn't even be funny.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 30 Aug 2014, 11:45

Shadow00 wrote:
IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:To be honest, I think we really shouldn't even have guns we should just be using swords to fight each other and stuff. The world would be so much better without that stuff. We wouldn't have so many people desensitized to violence what with all the video games of people shooting each other with guns and stuff like that. In a better world, we wouldn't have it all, but humanity is stupid so now instead of calmly explaining to someone that they are getting on your nerves, you yell at them and threaten to beat them up.

If people decided to fight with swords, wars would take 100 years each. And they were more brutal (eg beheadings, spilling guts, cutting body parts off, gouging eyes off etc). Can a country live with 100 years of that? Doubted.

There is no perfect world and there never will be, so that argument is invalid.
People will always kill each other off, and video games that are "desensitizing people to violence" are your only means of actually making people NOT kill each other these days. But that's a whole other topic.

Yes I agree guns don't do good to people, but I also think that without guns, people would be waaaaaay worse off

Anyhow, point is that guns help wars end faster.
Casualty ratio is higher? Well if it wasn't we would have so great an overpopulation crisis that it wouldn't even be funny.

A perfect world can indeed never exist, but a world without wars has at least some possibility.

Return to “Serious Discussion”