Talk about serious issues here!
Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Gender Roles -'_'-

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 21 Oct 2014, 23:00

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 22 Oct 2014, 02:49

Actually thr last post implies that parents are trying to force their children into having descendants which is a form of oppression, same as forcing boys to only play with army soldier figures etc (1940s style).
Therefore, the best gift to give to your child would have to be the necronomicon, which can be used by any person for any reason possible and thus is the most non-oppressive gift ever.
Followed by a computer.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Oct 2014, 09:44

Shadow00 wrote:Actually thr last post implies that parents are trying to force their children into having descendants which is a form of oppression, same as forcing boys to only play with army soldier figures etc (1940s style).
Therefore, the best gift to give to your child would have to be the necronomicon, which can be used by any person for any reason possible and thus is the most non-oppressive gift ever.
Followed by a computer.

If the parent was trying to force parenthood on his son, the parent would be saying. "You're going to play with these dolls, you're going to teach, you're going to know how too cook so you can raise children!"

But nah he's like "he might be what? a dad?" He's not forcing anything on him.

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 22 Oct 2014, 15:51

fun fact: before hitler pink was a "boy colour" and blue was a "girl colour" and then hitler plastered the gay people with pink badges and thanks to homophobia pink was now effeminate so you must be feminine to have pink
Image FWG Potential Princess 2016

#FreeWorldFinder 2nd place in Scavenger Hunt
#3 in the Halloween competition
~ it's a perfect day / to float away ~

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 22 Oct 2014, 16:29

Tycoon Witch wrote:fun fact: before hitler pink was a "boy colour" and blue was a "girl colour" and then hitler plastered the gay people with pink badges and thanks to homophobia pink was now effeminate so you must be feminine to have pink

Where'd you get this information?
I looked into myself and the closest thing I've found to that is this from wikipedia

"In Nazi Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, inmates of concentration camps who were accused of homosexuality were forced to wear a pink triangle.[13] Because of this, the pink triangle has become a symbol of the modern gay rights movement."

http://www.pinkisforboys.org/blog/when- ... nine-color
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cult ... 97/?no-ist

these 2 articles don't mention anything about what happened in nazi Germany, although in the same frame of time. It doesn't necessarily imply that Hitler was the reason for the switch. What these articles do say is that the decision on which color is feminine or not, was made by clothe manufacturer's interpretation on public opinion of which color is which.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7817496.stm

this article actually brings up the idea that the reason for Hitler choosing pink for the curables, was that the idea that pink was a feminine color was already in place at the time.

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 22 Oct 2014, 16:42

Grimreaper666 wrote:
Tycoon Witch wrote:fun fact: before hitler pink was a "boy colour" and blue was a "girl colour" and then hitler plastered the gay people with pink badges and thanks to homophobia pink was now effeminate so you must be feminine to have pink

Where'd you get this information?

my re supply told us this so i cant find a source, i should have looked before posting though

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 16 Nov 2014, 19:25

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

^ can someone help me find a source for that video??

that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 16 Nov 2014, 19:35

It just switched because people decided to switch it (in the US). No nazi involvement there.

See here.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 16 Nov 2014, 20:01

i /think/ this is the video boxy wanted

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 17 Nov 2014, 00:38

Cause Hitler was working under US influence, duh.
That's why he didn't even attack the US and worked in Europe aiming towards Russia at the end, cause us wanted that.

Or so say Illuminati.
You choose.

Return to “Serious Discussion”