Israel bombs UN Military Base in Lebannon as "Punishment".

Talk about serious issues here!
Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Israel bombs UN Military Base in Lebannon as "Punishment".

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2015, 10:58

The article w/ a video of the bombing is here: http://wtfrly.com/2015/03/02/israel-purposely-targeted-un-base-lebanon-killing-spanish-soldier/#.VPWR-_nF-Sp

United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon suggested that Israeli Defense Forces deliberately targeted a base for the U.N.’s peacekeeping forces near Lebanon’s southern border last month. The attack on January 28 killed in which a peacekeeper from Spain, Cpl. Francisco Javier Soria Toledo.
“The incident happened at a UNIFIL base which is known perfectly by Israeli forces,” Ban said, referring to the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.
According to Lebanon’s An-Nahar daily on Saturday, an observation tower of a Spanish UNIFIL position in Abbasieh was directly struck by an artillery shell killing Corporal Toledo. The attack was “a mix of mortar rounds and 155mm high explosive and white phosphorous artillery shells” according to the Daily Star.
“We can’t say they made a mistake … the rounds were getting nearer and nearer and eventually they hit it,” a UNIFIL officer reported and that the U.N. position had been ‘bracketed by artillery rounds’ before the attack.
It is thought that Israeli forces responded with the Hannibal Protocol, the controversial Israeli policy of using extreme firepower to prevent the kidnapping of a soldier even at the expense of his life.
Spain agreed to a joint investigation with Israel a day after blaming them for the attack.
Israel is “fully liable for the death of the peacekeeper” according to a report submitted to the UN Security Council on Friday by the UN’s Special Coordinator for Lebanon Sigrid Kaag.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu criticized the UN force in Lebanon just days after the attack that killed Corporal Toledo. Netanyahu’s office echoed complaints that UNIFIL was not preventing the flow of weapons and assets in the border region, prompting speculation that the attacks were simply “punishment” as Daily Star noted.
“The prime minister noted that UN Security Council Resolution 1701 has not been implemented and added that UNIFIL soldiers are not reporting on the smuggling of weapons into southern Lebanon,” according to prepared statements.
Israel launched attacks in response to Hezbollah attacks on an Israeli military convoy near the border the same day on January 28, killing two soldiers, wounding several others, and destroying almost a dozen Israeli military vehicles.
Hezbollah attacks were seen as a response to Israeli airstrikes in Syria’s Golan Heights 10 days earlier, which killed several high-ranking Hezbollah members and a general from Iran.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Israel bombs UN Military Base in Lebannon as "Punishment".

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2015, 12:45

Hatty wrote:If this isn't acknowledged as terrorism I don't fucking know what is.

it is 124% terrorism. i hate how netenyahu is coming to a congessional meeting without the authorization of the president like the speaker of the house cannot do that? literally so many jewish communities are protesting his arrival.

but according to western governments, "its not terrorism when a government does it.!!"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2015, 14:23

Hatty wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Hatty wrote:If this isn't acknowledged as terrorism I don't fucking know what is.

it is 124% terrorism. i hate how netenyahu is coming to a congessional meeting without the authorization of the president like the speaker of the house cannot do that? literally so many jewish communities are protesting his arrival.

but according to western governments, "its not terrorism when a government does it.!!"

This is such absolute bullshit because they completely satisfy the legal and currently standing definitions of terrorism.

'(1) In this Act "terrorism" means the use or threat of action where-
(a) the action falls within subsection (2),
(b) the use or threat is designed to influence the government [or an international governmental organisation][3] or to intimidate the public or a section of the public, and
(c) the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious[, racial][4] or ideological cause.
(2) Action falls within this subsection if it-
(a) involves serious violence against a person,
(b) involves serious damage to property,
(c) endangers a person's life, other than that of the person committing the action,
(d) creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public, or
(e) is designed seriously to interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system.
(3) The use or threat of action falling within subsection (2) which involves the use of firearms or explosives is terrorism whether or not subsection (1)(b) is satisfied.'

That's the Terrorism Act 2000 for English Law, and there's also the UN Security Council Resolution 1566 (2004) that defines Terrorism as

‘[C]riminal acts, including against civilians, committed with the intent to cause death or serious bodily injury, or taking of hostages, with the purpose to provoke a state of terror in the general public or in a group of persons or particular persons, intimidate a population or compel a government or an international organization to do or to abstain from doing any act, which constitute offences within the scope of and as defined in the international conventions and protocols relating to terrorism.’

Seriously, the governments are such bullshitters it's unreal.

the IDF's actions fit a lot of those and its so sad. Did you hear that Israel might be going to court? The Palestinians got observer status after a wave of nations in the UN recognized the Palestinian government that is in refugee in (i believe i may be wrong) Constantine, Algeria.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/palestinians-file-icc-case-israel-april-150302163138663.html

The Palestinians plan to lodge their first complaint against Israel for alleged war crimes at the International Criminal Court on April 1, according to a senior official.
"One of the first important steps will be filing a complaint against Israel at the ICC on April 1 over the [2014] Gaza war and settlement activity," Mohammed Shtayyeh, a member of the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO), was quoted by AFP news agency as saying.
On January 2, the Palestinians moved to formally join the Hague-based court in a process, which is due to take effect on April 1, setting the scene for potential legal action against Israeli officials for alleged war crimes.
Israel reacted furiously, and quickly moved to cut off millions of dollars in monthly tax payments it collects on behalf of the Ramallah-based Palestinian Authority, exacerbating an already severe financial crisis.
There was no immediate response from Israel, with foreign ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nachshon refusing to react to a declaration which he described as "speculative and hypothetical".
On January 16, the ICC announced "a preliminary examination" into Israel's actions over a period beginning in June which included last year's war in Gaza in which about 2,200 Palestinians were killed.
UN figures indicate most of the victims were civilians.
The Palestinians are also planning to sue Israel over its policy of settlement building on land they want for a future state.
Under international law, all Israeli construction on land seized during the 1967 Six-Day War is viewed as illegal and a major stumbling block to efforts to end the decades-long conflict.

i hope they get it

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2015, 15:24

they react so hostile and aggressive because they know diplomatic measures work bc they don't want diplomacy. they want them to react hostile and do terrorism so they can react back in the same way and justify it. they're mad because they KNOW they're breaking international law so they don't want to go through international customs because they would lose!

the UN report called the Goldstein Report pointed out around 37 major war crimes Israel committed n 2014 or 13 i can't remember. Israel flipped out and said it was antisemetic. The man who wrote it, Dr. Goldstein, is Jewish. They're so stupid.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2015, 17:34

Hatty wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:they react so hostile and aggressive because they know diplomatic measures work bc they don't want diplomacy. they want them to react hostile and do terrorism so they can react back in the same way and justify it. they're mad because they KNOW they're breaking international law so they don't want to go through international customs because they would lose!

the UN report called the Goldstein Report pointed out around 37 major war crimes Israel committed n 2014 or 13 i can't remember. Israel flipped out and said it was antisemetic. The man who wrote it, Dr. Goldstein, is Jewish. They're so stupid.

Something needs to be done about them or I swear to god I'll do it myself.

If I had power to do so, I'd amass a massive, overwhelming invasion of the US military to dismantle the Israeli government, dismantle Hamas, returning the Palestinian government in Algeria, and convict Israeli leaders responsible for all the war crimes and Hamas leaders for terrorism, go back to the borders before the 1967 war. lets do what Turkey did with the Greeks and Turks on Cyprus and build a massive wall between them, then let the people establish their own governments and give money to both of them for reconstruction and guide them on economic success. then they can decide if they want to join together, stay independent, be a union, etc. whatever. w just really need to end the fighting.

Return to “Serious Discussion”