The end is nigh for Greece

Talk about serious issues here!

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Re: The end is nigh for Greece

Postby Excalibur » 05 Jul 2015, 19:15

Foopzheart wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:All I can say is the people of Greece were silly enough to elect a government that now can't do what it must do because they said they would not do it and this basically dooms everyone in the country. I hope they are happy with the decision they made.

R.I.P
Greece

This is why you vote "right" not "left"

whoa ex that's some hefty opinions you're spewing

how are they hefty :P
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 05 Jul 2015, 22:46

This €300+ billion isn't going to pop out of thin air. That money is not being given back.

What happens if a country doesn't pay it's debts? Do the bailiffs like, repossess it's stuff or what?
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 05 Jul 2015, 23:02

greece needs to get it's act together. They voted no, so now they're dooming themselves... or at the very least forcing others to save they worthless selves.

greece got in trouble - they have no right to say "ohhh the people who give me money at horrible and are doing bad things to us..." sorry, but the people gave greece money to save the damn country - if they cant appreciate that, then fine, go burrrrrn burrrrrrrrrnnnn!
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 05 Jul 2015, 23:41

FWG Leader wrote:greece needs to get it's act together. They voted no, so now they're dooming themselves... or at the very least forcing others to save they worthless selves.

greece got in trouble - they have no right to say "ohhh the people who give me money at horrible and are doing bad things to us..." sorry, but the people gave greece money to save the damn country - if they cant appreciate that, then fine, go burrrrrn burrrrrrrrrnnnn!

Actually as mentioned, about 90% of the money given never got to the Greek people at all, it instantly went to random banks which then repaid German banks.

I'm sure the German people are unhappy with greece's current state, but boy are the bankers real happy.

I'm sorry but that's the EU for you. It never was about the people.
We voted no indeed, and I believe we are going to cut a deal in 2-3 days with Germany for terms that benefit the people of Greece and Germany , not Germany's banking system. That's what this was about, and that's why people bothered with support.

You don't have to believe it, but we are not what your media says we are.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 07 Jul 2015, 22:08

Shadow00 wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:greece needs to get it's act together. They voted no, so now they're dooming themselves... or at the very least forcing others to save they worthless selves.

Actually as mentioned, about 90% of the money given never got to the Greek people at all, it instantly went to random banks which then repaid German banks.

I'm sure the German people are unhappy with greece's current state, but boy are the bankers real happy.

We voted no indeed, and I believe we are going to cut a deal in 2-3 days with Germany for terms that benefit the people of Greece and Germany , not Germany's banking system. That's what this was about, and that's why people bothered with support.

My media says you're screwed. Is it wrong?

In all seriousness, this whole situation has just emphasized for me how bad the EU is. Greece should never have joined it, it was tempted in and was never stable enough to be able to balance the EU - it's simply not rich enough. Germany is now owed roughly €65 billion in Greek bailouts that it wont be getting back for a long, long time, whereas if you look at some other countries in Europe that aren't in the EU *cough* UK *cough*, they aren't owed diddly-squat in bailouts. Yay for the EU.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 07 Jul 2015, 22:29

Yeah were tons screwed and yeah EU was a veeerry bad decision.
Who knows maybe we will leave it

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 07 Jul 2015, 22:37

Flobalob wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:

In all seriousness, this whole situation has just emphasized for me how bad the EU is. Greece should never have joined it, it was tempted in and was never stable enough to be able to balance the EU - it's simply not rich enough. Germany is now owed roughly €65 billion in Greek bailouts that it wont be getting back for a long, long time, whereas if you look at some other countries in Europe that aren't in the EU *cough* UK *cough*, they aren't owed diddly-squat in bailouts. Yay for the EU.

I know I swore off this forum, buuut I'm just going to correct Flob. We're not out of there yet.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 08 Jul 2015, 18:21

The Divine Potato wrote:
Flobalob wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:

I know I swore off this forum, buuut I'm just going to correct Flob. We're not out of there yet.

No, but we're not in it as such. The main point was that we don't have to contribute to bailouts. Where we are rn is good tbh, we get the trade deals but not the ridiculous waste of money.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 10 Jul 2015, 03:24

I like the idea of countries helping countries - it needs to happen; wot pisses me off is when someone who has been helped then turns around and says they are being bullied by the ones who gave them good money. Wot they need to understand is, it is their mismanagement that has got them into the crap they now find themselves in. The people giving them money have every right to set conditions that go with the money. If they want the help, they need to endure the 'humiliation' that goes with it. Bad luck, get over it, fix yourself and then move on. If greece were a normal citizen of any country, they would have been arrested by now and sent to jail. End of story.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Return to “Serious Discussion”