Legalising Rape... WTF?

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Legalising Rape... WTF?

Postby Dr Frook » 01 Feb 2016, 21:45

is it me or r these people completely and utterly insane.

Supporters of a website led by a man who says rape should be legalised on private property are set to meet up in cities around Australia, sparking a backlash on social media.

Key points:
•ROK believes a woman's value depends on beauty
•'Tribal meetings' planned for February 6 in several Australian cities
•Women take to social media to express outrage

According to the Return of Kings (ROK) website, the US-based group believes "a woman's value significantly depends on her fertility and beauty", and the elimination of traditional sex roles "unleashes women's promiscuity".

The site is designed to be a "safe space for heterosexual men" who believe "men should be masculine and women should be feminine".

"ROK aims to usher the return of the masculine man in a world where masculinity is being increasingly punished and shamed in favour of creating an androgynous and politically-correct society that allows women to assert superiority and control over men," the website states.

The "tribal meetings" are planned for February 6 in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. They are being held on that date in 43 countries, according to the site.

Supporters have a 20-minute window to meet their host at a pre-listed destination, like the fountain at Sydney's Hyde Park, before they move to their final undisclosed destination, most likely a bar, the Return of Kings website said.

Since the controversy surfaced earlier on Monday, "neomasculinist" Daryush Valizadeh, the creator of the group, has announced he will come to Australia for the event.

"F*** it, I just booked a flight to Australia. See you somewhere there on 2/6. I'll stay a while, see some sights," Mr Valizadeh, 36, tweeted with an screen shot of flight options to cities in Australia.

Some women have taken to social media to express their outrage at the meet-up and the group's controversial views.

Greens MP Larissa Waters said on Twitter she "thought it was a hoax, their views are so medieval. Any 'meetings' will tank".

Former sex discrimination commissioner Elizabeth Broderick said Return of Kings' views were "deeply offensive and have no place in Australia".

Feminist writer Clementine Ford said: "If Doosh wants to make it legal for men to rape women on private property it's only fair that we make it legal for those women to kill them."

Writer and activist Melinda TankardReist tweeted: "So provocative that they are choosing to meet out in the open. They want us to know they hate us."

Site advises men to 'stop asking for permission'

Mr Valizadeh, 36, published a blog post on his personal website suggesting legalising rape on private property is the solution to the United States' rape culture.

"Without daddy government to protect her, a girl would absolutely not enter a private room with a man she doesn't know or trust unless she is absolutely sure she is ready to sleep with him," the blog post said.

His blog also features sections for "pick-up tips", advising men to "stop asking for permission", and a link to his "Bang Guides: strategy guides for getting laid at home and abroad".

A Frequently Asked Questions page for the event says transsexuals, homosexuals and women are not welcome, and outlines what to do if "a pretty girl shows up" — the answer being "get her number and tell her to buzz off".
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: Legalising Rape... WTF?

Postby Rainshard » 02 Feb 2016, 06:48

They're trolling. Or insane.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 02 Feb 2016, 15:58

this is disgusting i hope this is fake.
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 02 Feb 2016, 20:38

Boxorino wrote:this is disgusting i hope this is fake.

no not fake... these people exist.

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 04 Feb 2016, 09:18

But wait, we live in a country that has a "rape culture" isn't it already legal?

Wow_Give_Up_On_Life
FWG Squire

Postby Wow_Give_Up_On_Life » 04 Feb 2016, 20:43

Okay, whomever deleted my post, (Rainshard) You should literally be banned. I've been on here for literally seven years. That makes me of high rank, whether you like it or not I only stay to comment on serious discussion and set these young folks in the right direction. It'd be tough for you guys to find one example of me being wrong.
Image CHEESY POOFS

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 04 Feb 2016, 21:00

Wow_Give_Up_On_Life wrote:Okay, whomever deleted my post, (Rainshard) You should literally be banned. I've been on here for literally seven years. That makes me of high rank, whether you like it or not I only stay to comment on serious discussion and set these young folks in the right direction. It'd be tough for you guys to find one example of me being wrong.

hmmm try to be more diplomatic in your posts on this subject maybe???

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 05 Feb 2016, 06:18

Wow_Give_Up_On_Life wrote:Okay, whomever deleted my post, (Rainshard) You should literally be banned. I've been on here for literally seven years. That makes me of high rank, whether you like it or not I only stay to comment on serious discussion and set these young folks in the right direction. It'd be tough for you guys to find one example of me being wrong.

It doesn't matter how long you've been here, your comments towards women in that post was not appropriate or fair. Being here seven years doesn't permit you to say whatever you want without consequence about whatever group in society you please.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 05 Feb 2016, 12:21

Rainshard wrote:

It doesn't matter how long you've been here, your comments towards women in that post was not appropriate or fair. Being here seven years doesn't permit you to say whatever you want without consequence about whatever group in society you please.

#CANTSTOPTHERAINSTORM
Don't try, do.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 11 Feb 2016, 07:43

Its their total and absolute freedom to speak about it.
Ive always considered that freedom of speech should by no means ever have a limit passed on to it.
You dont like what he says, and thats obvious since he's a sexist.
But.
There are actual people there following him. And since (apparently) he is breaking no rules, laws, or whatnot, you cannot rob him or them of their freedom to meet and talk.

Again, because my posts have been edited before, i have to state this clearly. I do not agree with this person at all, nor with his followers BUT it is his very freedom to express any view he has. Should there be backlash? Duh. Should he not do that? Thats his choice only.

Return to “Serious Discussion”