The End of a Decade

Talk about serious issues here!
Munter
FWG Mod

The End of a Decade

Postby Munter » 19 Dec 2009, 23:06

So guys and girls, we are approaching the end of the naughties, the 00's And it has been quite a decade

Invention of the ipod, downloading music, the true birth of the digital era. Technology has advanced further this decade than it has in the past 100 i hear.

And of course one of the defining parts of this decade, The Twin Towers, and many other terrorist attacks across the world, the middle east conflict, the execution of Saddam Hussain.

The death of Michael Jackson. The appointment of the first black president of the United States of America.

Huge Global economic collapse, the historical Copenhagen Climate change meeting.

And this is only some of the stuff!

So troops, what are your thoughts on this decade? How will it be remembered? If you are old enough, how did it compare to past decades? Any predictions for the 10's?

And this isn't a 2012 thread, we already have one of those!!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: The End of a Decade

Postby Dr Frook » 20 Dec 2009, 01:45

yes, it is also a decade that has seen accelerated climate change in many parts of the globe, with record droughts and temperatures being recorded again and again.

As for technology, I can only see it accelerating even faster in the next 10 years. If only it can save the world from looming climate change disaster.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Zados
FWG Mod

Postby Zados » 22 Dec 2009, 07:44

Munter wrote:The appointment of the first black president of the United States of America.

for Germany there was something good to - the first female chancellor ever here.

let us all try to get even more open hearted and minded for all those cultures, races, religions and be cool with all of them the same way.

for a better 2nd decade of 2000
R.I.P. Dad ... you'll never be forgotten!

gheener
FWG Squire

Postby gheener » 22 Dec 2009, 11:37

man i remember the 90's being a time when business went larger than life, and the music was crazy with pop exploding brittany and n sync but then the other things they stay with me personally like incubus and goo goo dolls, good stuff. 2000's brought me nothing useful music wise ( alot of rap and alot of crap tbh ) feel free to disagree. ( if you say any screamo band then just gtfo -.-)

man thinking back it almost makes you sad to realize that thing like the Playstation was an early 90's gaming console which kids dont know about truely.

im not old, but knowing the decade is coming to an end in a few days does bring a heart felt tear to my eye.

the towers wether it be a conspiracy or a terrorist attack, the first Non-White president, for the better by far compared to the last jackass in office, becoming president, the new movies which are losing their originality touches.

i miss the days spent out on porches of friends houses chillen like we didnt care about anything else in the world. being in love with everyone untill finally finding that 1 person who loves you back. just typing this makes me realize how sad it is to know this next decade will go by so quick and we will once again be typing or who knows maybe the keyboard will be replaced with just a blue toothed mind reading typing device idk.

-Remember you're the past, present, future, do not let anyone tell you otherwise, you have the power to change it for better or for worse, it's your decision take it and soar- Gheener 09

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 23 Dec 2009, 15:51

bla bla bla
The war between the wind and the blocks are started...from now on i call myself a human!...we shall not be defeated by the ugly faces...to the king of the million !!...* closes the window*

gheener
FWG Squire

Postby gheener » 24 Dec 2009, 04:11

MRHuStLa_117 wrote:bla bla bla

kids like this make me worry about our future generations.

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 26 Dec 2009, 11:57

Zados wrote:
Munter wrote:The appointment of the first black president of the United States of America.

for Germany there was something good to - the first female chancellor ever here.

let us all try to get even more open hearted and minded for all those cultures, races, religions and be cool with all of them the same way.

for a better 2nd decade of 2000

Germany also made new playmobil so they deserve a round of applause totally
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 26 Dec 2009, 17:39

gheener wrote:
MRHuStLa_117 wrote:bla bla bla

kids like this make me worry about our future generations.

how am i kid?!

i'm just proofreading the topics but this one cant be proofread
The war between the wind and the blocks are started...from now on i call myself a human!...we shall not be defeated by the ugly faces...to the king of the million !!...* closes the window*

gheener
FWG Squire

Postby gheener » 27 Dec 2009, 06:01

>.> go play in general if your not going to discuss.

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 27 Dec 2009, 08:58

gheener wrote:>.> go play in general if your not going to discuss.

there's no rule prevents me from putting any kind of reply i want...in any foroum

Return to “Serious Discussion”