Overpopulation

Talk about serious issues here!
Shadow00

Overpopulation

Postby Shadow00 » 20 Dec 2011, 23:54

I believe every single person has realized that we're getting too many for this world to handle (people). So, unless we find out how to go to the other side of the univers where the "Earth's twin" was discovered in the next let's say 20 years,we're pretty much doomed.
So now I'm going to make one of the most controversial statements I've ever made:
I believe that it's all due to the technological advance of the medical science in the past few years,in other words,I believe that some diseases weren't meant to be cured,some diseases are just nature fighting back or something. Ofcourse that all sounds like chaos' theory ._.
So what do you think? Should we advance so much in saving others' lives without having planned what we should do next? We all know that natural resources are depleting really soon,we're cutting down forests to cover our needs, so plainly stated,if we don't die of a WW3 (highly unlikely),we're going to die of the climate change.
Bright opinions,I know.

pretty boi is best
FWG Assassin

Re: Overpopulation

Postby pretty boi is best » 21 Dec 2011, 00:02

well i think its kinda weird that we spend like over 10$ million for cancer research each year, but nothing.........so my opinion is that the government already has a cure for cancer but chooses not to use it just so they get $$$ :(
and of course to keep the population at a steady rate

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 21 Dec 2011, 05:35

Shadow00 wrote:I believe every single person has realized that we're getting too many for this world to handle (people). So, unless we find out how to go to the other side of the univers where the "Earth's twin" was discovered in the next let's say 20 years,we're pretty much doomed.
So now I'm going to make one of the most controversial statements I've ever made:
I believe that it's all due to the technological advance of the medical science in the past few years,in other words,I believe that some diseases weren't meant to be cured,some diseases are just nature fighting back or something. Ofcourse that all sounds like chaos' theory ._.
So what do you think? Should we advance so much in saving others' lives without having planned what we should do next? We all know that natural resources are depleting really soon,we're cutting down forests to cover our needs, so plainly stated,if we don't die of a WW3 (highly unlikely),we're going to die of the climate change.
Bright opinions,I know.

I completely agree. Death and disease are part of natures way of controlling populations. By increasing the lifespan of humans, we've actually created a greater problem. The world currently struggles to feed the population of most countries. With current methods of agriculture, we're almost at the 'carrying capacity' of the globe. If we do not want mass starvation's and conflict over limited food and water resources, we need to find alternative methods of agriculture in areas previously unused, explore aquaculture options or simply limit population growth the way China does it - max 1 child per family. Also, we need to build a rocket ship to take us to Earth 2.0

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 21 Dec 2011, 13:33

alice_cullen wrote:Just wait for 2012, that'll take care of it.

We aren't going to die.

16hockjo
FWG Chat Mod

Postby 16hockjo » 21 Dec 2011, 19:47

Overpopulation has a simple fix, complete and utter genocide of many individuals (2.7 Billion would be fine)

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 21 Dec 2011, 21:06

16hockjo wrote:Overpopulation has a simple fix, complete and utter genocide of many individuals (2.7 Billion would be fine)

This is basically what I think will happen. Not exactly the best ending,but surely the most realistic one. The point is, there are too many complications over this,as (might be offensive now to some) religion (aka who are we to judge who should die etc),as well as lack of time (you can't just go as in Noe's ark and put all the good guys in a place,then wipe of the rest. Also,how can that happen without mass destruction?
The surprising part is that the media's propaganda won't be against any of these things :P

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 21 Dec 2011, 21:13

alice_cullen wrote:*Adds Orb to 'List of people to kill in 2012 because they don't believe in 2012'*

>:D

:P Good Luck.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Dec 2011, 05:38

16hockjo wrote:Overpopulation has a simple fix, complete and utter genocide of many individuals (2.7 Billion would be fine)

lets just wipe out the entire planetary population from the southern hemisphere.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 25 Dec 2011, 22:00

FWG Leader wrote:

lets just wipe out the entire planetary population from the southern hemisphere.

o.O i think that is a bit discrimative,even thou' you might be playing around, because this is in the serious discussion.

16hockjo
FWG Chat Mod

Postby 16hockjo » 26 Dec 2011, 18:07

25% percent of each country must be eliminated.

Return to “Serious Discussion”