Bullying

Talk about serious issues here!
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Bullying

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Mar 2012, 01:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4clbHc ... ure=relmfu

We'll start off with that song. I suggest watching the video.

Last week, there was a Bullying campaign at my school. Children and teens across the world are being treated differently, as if they're lesser, as if they're insignificant pieces of crap. As if they are freak of nature.

Well, I feel that needs to be stopped. Everybody does. The fact that people are hurting themselves.

Cutting. Suicide. Any form of self-harm. The largest cause of this is bullying. Why do people do this?

Don't people understand that words hurt? Don't people understand words kill? Don't people understand that lifestyles aren't sin? That mutations and deformities don't make you a freak? That if a child is bullied, that is verbal assault. That is attempted murder.

But it isn't just the bullies. It's us. It's everybody that didn't help until it was either too late, or didn't help at all. It's us. The people who didn't listen when the people tried to speak out. It's us. The people who are afraid to help because their peers would bully them.

So the biggest question here, is why don't we act? Why do we still ignore it. These people, they're calling for help, but we aren't listening.

Stop bullying, everybody. If somebody is bullied, stop the bully. Tell an adult, or interfere. If you're being bullied, please tell somebody, and make us listen.

This is a serious problem, and it needs to be stopped soon.

For those who it is too late, rest in peace.

A search on google for "suicide from bullying" yields millions of results. I want that number to go down.

For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it. I want these percentages to not exist. I want there to be no suicide attempts.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

ghost 9
FWG King

Re: Bullying

Postby ghost 9 » 22 Mar 2012, 01:45

"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Remydeep
FWG freebooter

Postby Remydeep » 22 Mar 2012, 01:47

i agree with you
i just saw a video of a girl named jade and that made me cry
she cut herself before then promised herself she wont do it again
i will stand up for other kids who are getting bullied coz somethings needs to stop
bullying someone only destroys them and it is not fun
in the long run it destroys their confidence and bring them down to quit their dreams and even life
Why so serious?

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Mar 2012, 01:49

http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-18559_162-1249.html

Long video, but worth it to see. Brings to light what is going on even more.
vaguely present

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Mar 2012, 02:26

I don't get bullying. Must be some stupid biological genetic thing that must of been useful eons ago. Kids should know better, and schools should control bullying better.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Mar 2012, 02:47

Just found video below.

Warning: Explicit Language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQuyW_h ... re=related
vaguely present

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 22 Mar 2012, 07:44

bleh. bullies often do what they do because they have some inadequacy that they are trying to hide. or possibly something that is deemed an inadequacy by their parents. many times bullies just dont have the right kind of guidance in their lives, like bad parenting, poor friend choices, substance abuse.

it also could come from a misguided attempt at getting attention that they dont get elsewhere. its sad but true. and thats why i dont like saying to beat a bully up.

the main issue is though that some people, they do it out of malice, out of the joy of watching someone else suffer at their hands. they get a power complex from it and those... those people are the ones who even if you do beat them up, all they will do is come back meaner and worse than before.

while telling an adult is usually the best thing, sometimes it isnt. and if things dont get better, well then my dear children of fwg. find friends, group up. stick together and outlast it, because one day, you will have the power while they will rot. its cliche but true. never forget the power of numbers, and the power of knowledge
True beauty lies in the heart, so i must look like stein :D

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 23 Mar 2012, 10:47

Ever since i went to school, i have been bullied by many kids for being different. For, focusing on things that most kids won't, for have a more sophisitcated way of thinking (i probably don't show it on here, but i think a lot, and often share my words) And, i just don't like baseball, or football, or basketball, and all that stuff. I just act different, and kids always bullied me for it. They used to bully me for not having a mom, and said i would OD on drugs like my mom did. And, it's so annoying. Even though Middle School is stressful, most people don't bother me anymore, and i'm happy. But, there's alwways someone there. Like, some kids in my class say i'm gonna grow old with cats because i always draw cats. Like, no artist becomes what they draw. And they always give bi jokes, like, "Bye bi" and other inapropiate stuff i'd rather not mention.

It's good it's going down, but the teachers don't do anything. they always say, "Ah, uh huh, yes, i seee... Well, go to guidence" Guidence counsulor says the same thing and says, "Talk to your teachers" And i'm sick of it. No one does a thing. They always say, report the bullies, they have posters all throughout the school, but they don't do one god damn thing.

And, they always back up the bullies. If you fight back, and the bully will go snitiching, and they always back up the bully It's stupid, and i hate it.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 23 Mar 2012, 15:40

I don't know about you people, but living in small cities pretty much erases all bullying.
No bullying records or suicides here for over than 8 years (as far as i remember).
Also, kids (<9 years old) "bullying" others, aren't really considered bullies. I don't know, maybe I've always had a strong defence mechanism etc, but i was never affected by such a thing.

Oh, and something sad but true. Bullying is not going to change. Campaigns have been around for decades. "Bullying" exists through thousands of years, although it was called "I am looking better when making fun of you" back then.
Ofcourse people bullied can go tell adults etc, but you certainly have to consider:
A) Maybe they are overreacting? Suicidal IS over-reacting. What can someone actually tell you that will make you say "oh god, my life is over. How will I ever face society again? Goodbye cruel world etc etc"
B) Teachers might aswell not care, plus the bully will turn more aggressive.
C) Bullies have a "weak spot" they are pushing. Whatever that may be, cover it up.
D) The idea "Fluff this, not all people on the world are expected to like me anyways" doesn't really help when the bully is (and they usually are) popular.

Anyways, I am certainly not the one to judge, as i took path "C" after 6th grade when things were really bad, so I just can't recall what it's like being bullied

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 23 Mar 2012, 19:54

Also, anyone who talks behind your back, anyone who is bullied, just tell them, "Since your talking behind my back, my life is obviously more interesting then yours"
"

Return to “Serious Discussion”