Bullying

Talk about serious issues here!
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Re: Bullying

Postby Foopzheart » 25 Mar 2012, 18:18

Shadow00 wrote:I don't know about you people, but living in small cities pretty much erases all bullying.
No bullying records or suicides here for over than 8 years (as far as i remember).
Also, kids (<9 years old) "bullying" others, aren't really considered bullies. I don't know, maybe I've always had a strong defence mechanism etc, but i was never affected by such a thing.

Oh, and something sad but true. Bullying is not going to change. Campaigns have been around for decades. "Bullying" exists through thousands of years, although it was called "I am looking better when making fun of you" back then.
Ofcourse people bullied can go tell adults etc, but you certainly have to consider:
A) Maybe they are overreacting? Suicidal IS over-reacting. What can someone actually tell you that will make you say "oh god, my life is over. How will I ever face society again? Goodbye cruel world etc etc"
B) Teachers might aswell not care, plus the bully will turn more aggressive.
C) Bullies have a "weak spot" they are pushing. Whatever that may be, cover it up.
D) The idea "Fluff this, not all people on the world are expected to like me anyways" doesn't really help when the bully is (and they usually are) popular.

Anyways, I am certainly not the one to judge, as i took path "C" after 6th grade when things were really bad, so I just can't recall what it's like being bullied

Suicidde isn't always overreacting.

People actually tell kids, even those not even teenagers yet, "Drop dead," "go shoot yourself" and constantly insult them. This could drive me to suicide if I didn't get help, for sure.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 25 Mar 2012, 21:01

Bullying does scar people to an extent where they can't handle it anymore, and they basically just give up.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 27 Mar 2012, 15:56

Well now that's not as smart.
After all, what will they earn? Not existing? Not really cool. Also, most of them pretty much don't consider the "side-effects". Kids can't suicide after they think of at least 2 possible side-effects.
Also, "drop dead"... Well, it's not an insult. Maybe it isn't one HERE, that we have basically stop using each other's birth names, but it isn't that serious anyways...
Kids don't watch their tongue, agreed with that. But on the other hand, it's a part of life. Shield yourselves and you shall have no problem. Oh, and a tip: don't go to a teacher when you know you can fix something yourselves, adds to self-satisfaction doing something completely on your own

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 28 Mar 2012, 00:11

Shadow00 wrote:Well now that's not as smart.
After all, what will they earn? Not existing? Not really cool. Also, most of them pretty much don't consider the "side-effects". Kids can't suicide after they think of at least 2 possible side-effects.
Also, "drop dead"... Well, it's not an insult. Maybe it isn't one HERE, that we have basically stop using each other's birth names, but it isn't that serious anyways...
Kids don't watch their tongue, agreed with that. But on the other hand, it's a part of life. Shield yourselves and you shall have no problem. Oh, and a tip: don't go to a teacher when you know you can fix something yourselves, adds to self-satisfaction doing something completely on your own

Shadow, i get the fact that yeah, in your life, people will insult you. Most will probably be joking around with you, not trying to hurt you, and some people will mean it, but people who are bullied, almost every day they deal with some sort or torment. And it really scars people. Some just can't deal with it. Some are just too sensitive.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 28 Mar 2012, 18:45

Agreed. People can deal with it at first, just brush it off as "Oh, I can deal with it," like you said, but over time, it cuts deep, enough to leave the nasty scar called depression. This scar, if not taken care of by the right ointment (Stopping bullying), will reopen, becoming the gangrene that is suicidal thoughts. When this infection isn't treated...well, the infection kills.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 28 Mar 2012, 20:28

My friend's friends were bullied,so says one of the kids from the local middle school. He dealt with it with words,and they still kept going on about it. He was so ticked off about it,that he used his fists to solve it. They went off with bruises,and he was suspended from the school for just trying to deal with them in a away that would stop bullying. It just needs to stop.
I’m officially gone. Who cares? Nobody. This will probably that tiny little memory I remember someday. Thanks for the wonderful time FWGers.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 29 Mar 2012, 11:13

beana 9000 wrote:My friend's friends were bullied,so says one of the kids from the local middle school. He dealt with it with words,and they still kept going on about it. He was so ticked off about it,that he used his fists to solve it. They went off with bruises,and he was suspended from the school for just trying to deal with them in a away that would stop bullying. It just needs to stop.

Using your fists isn't as helpful as telling a teacher. What the Teacher will do, or is supose to do, is tell the principle. The principle will then find time to go into the class with the suspected bullying is, and talk to the child and ask who is bullying him in private(if not, the teacher who was told, will do this, and the principle would talk to the children who were accused of bullying, and other witnesses) Then, if the child, or children are found bullying, then they would most likely be suspended, or expelled.

Where i live, in the New England region, most schools, if not all, heavily enforce anti-bullying. This guy named Danny in another cluster, he kept bullying this kid for months, saying all these mean names and such, and when the teachers found out, he was suspended for the rest of the year.

So, in some parts of the world, Bullying isn't tolerated.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 29 Mar 2012, 20:31

Ofcourse such things as bullying can leave traumas and depression etc, but I still believe that unless someone fights an illness for themselves, they can never really be cured.
Because, let's face it, it is not a fair, fairytale world we live in. Your boss could be a bully, so could any other single person in your life. What would you do then? Sue them for verbal abuse/psychological trauma causing etc etc?
Or do you believe that once one turns 18, suddenly all problems disappear?
I agree you could tell your teacher, but again, it won't solve the problem. You have to solve the problem, it is what i hope i did, and what will help me cope with other not-so-friendly people during my lifetime.

musicfreak1525
FWG Mod

Postby musicfreak1525 » 29 Mar 2012, 21:25

Shadow00 wrote:Ofcourse such things as bullying can leave traumas and depression etc, but I still believe that unless someone fights an illness for themselves, they can never really be cured.
Because, let's face it, it is not a fair, fairytale world we live in. Your boss could be a bully, so could any other single person in your life. What would you do then? Sue them for verbal abuse/psychological trauma causing etc etc?
Or do you believe that once one turns 18, suddenly all problems disappear?
I agree you could tell your teacher, but again, it won't solve the problem. You have to solve the problem, it is what i hope i did, and what will help me cope with other not-so-friendly people during my lifetime.

In work places they have programs in place to stop work place harassment, if it goes too far the person can get fired. And not all people can deal with it on their own, saying oh yeah deal with it yourself, the kids are depressed, and if it continues they just want it all to stop. If you are bullied ever day for years it really gets to you and just dealing with it by yourself isn't an option.
Live life to its fullest, have no regrets and die happy

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 29 Mar 2012, 21:38

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
beana 9000 wrote:My friend's friends were bullied,so says one of the kids from the local middle school. He dealt with it with words,and they still kept going on about it. He was so ticked off about it,that he used his fists to solve it. They went off with bruises,and he was suspended from the school for just trying to deal with them in a away that would stop bullying. It just needs to stop.

Using your fists isn't as helpful as telling a teacher. What the Teacher will do, or is supose to do, is tell the principle. The principle will then find time to go into the class with the suspected bullying is, and talk to the child and ask who is bullying him in private(if not, the teacher who was told, will do this, and the principle would talk to the children who were accused of bullying, and other witnesses) Then, if the child, or children are found bullying, then they would most likely be suspended, or expelled.

Where i live, in the New England region, most schools, if not all, heavily enforce anti-bullying. This guy named Danny in another cluster, he kept bullying this kid for months, saying all these mean names and such, and when the teachers found out, he was suspended for the rest of the year.

So, in some parts of the world, Bullying isn't tolerated.

The teacher did absolutely nothing when others told them,so that's why he took action. The same thing is happening with my brother,but he doesn't fight back. He tells the teachers,but they do absolutely nothing about it. One kid punches him,others tease him. For no reason. Another thing,he has a few to no friends,so he is fending for himself. When I was in 4th grade,you'd be in after-school detention if you even did as much as call someone stupid. But now,they let kids get hurt and they even get punished for going up to the nurses office without a piece of paper. So I'd take action by then. I wouldn't put up with it once I'm picked on. I'll nearly explode with anger when that happens,and then people decide to just drop it with picking on me. Sometimes I wish the kids would get beat if this stuff happens. I might be eating my own words,but they deserve to be punished on the spot when this happens. Or bring the dunce cap back for all I care. Brats now are getting away with what the please,and it needs to stop. Especially the petty things,like clothing and how you talk,what your name/last name sounds like,ect.
I’m officially gone. Who cares? Nobody. This will probably that tiny little memory I remember someday. Thanks for the wonderful time FWGers.

Return to “Serious Discussion”