Evolution vs Creationism

Talk about serious issues here!
danny
FWG Mod

Evolution vs Creationism

Postby danny » 06 Apr 2012, 13:07

okay peeps, recently i have been getting into this argument LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN
True beauty lies in the heart, so i must look like stein :D

Shadow00

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Postby Shadow00 » 06 Apr 2012, 14:01

On what? Evolution brought creationism, if that's the point.
Otherwise, we'd still be cellular (or what you call it) organisms that live in the water.

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 06 Apr 2012, 16:33

you sir obivously dont know of the religious belief of creationism. the idea that god created the universe and everything in it

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 06 Apr 2012, 19:25

Shad's right. If we didn't evolve, then our cells couldn't come together to make tissue, then organs, then organ systems, then animals(sorry to say animals, i forgot what they were called), then the animals further evolve to become humans. O.o

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 06 Apr 2012, 21:35

danny wrote:you sir obivously dont know of the religious belief of creationism. the idea that god created the universe and everything in it

Ah. You could say evolution vs creation? Lost myself.
But anyways, one has proven facts and the other doesnt.
Guess which is which. The point is, I am talking of the bible's side of creation. I could agree that some higher power created the very first microorganism on earth, but I won't agree on much else.
Also, even that will soon be proven scientifically....

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 07 Apr 2012, 00:38

Evolution has been scientifically proven. Even religions accept that these days. They just say that "God" created the cells. I, for one, am not going to even try to debate with a religious person. I find it more of a nuisance than anything else, and I mean no offense by that statement.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 07 Apr 2012, 07:24

i have an article for you all to read. Actual science DISPROVES evolution.

http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

read on my dear fiends, and weep on your poor crushed theory.

the only way i could logically explain evolution at this point was that it WASNT natural. that AN INTELLIGENT BEING had an effect on it. i just happen to believe that being is god. that belief i will not force unto others, but to say that evolution happened completely naturally is preposterous.

To deny the Second Law of Thermodynamics is ludacris, gentelmen. and who better to defy the laws of physics than god?

and also may i point out that it is my opinion that god gave the knowledge to the men who wrote the bible of EXACTLY what he did and how he did it, but for them to spread their message they had to word it in a way that would allow for their idea to be understood and accepted. thus the torah, and then, the bible. if you can beat this then i will bake you a cookie.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 07 Apr 2012, 11:42

Danny, Science is not just one unified team of incredibly smart Scientists. There's different Departments. So if one group of scienctists disproved evolution, then doesn't mean ALL of Science agrees(other scientists)

Most Scientists can prove evolution is true, with the example of infections, the bacteria. We always have to keep updating cures for illnesses since the viruses keep evolving, changing their appearance and such to adapt with their surroundings, and to fight off the cure.

I believe that when the Big Bang happened, the 4 elements that were needed for a living thing on Earth to survive, Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen and Oxygen(with the exception of those deep underwater dwellers who can't have much oxygen)
Were in meteors. When Earth was bombarded with meteors, chances are that they had those 4 elements, and once it crashed on Earth, they were able to survive and started to evolve and become Dinosaurs and other living things at the time, and kept evolving to animals that we know now.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 07 Apr 2012, 15:13

*sigh*
and this is why I deleted the first one.

so I'll reply in a video response from someone a whole lot smarter than either of us on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=JVRsWAjvQSg

I watched this, it was good.

BTW: science is about theories, not belief.

And the bible isn't written by god, it's written by men.
And rewritten quite a few times, things being left out, things being added.
And that was all a 1400 years after the stories were written down.
They were first told and then written down by greeks.

That's not even the Torah, the Torah was first told for generations long before it was scribbled down.

Have you ever told the same story for years on end?
Have you noticed how it can change?

You may believe, but please, do not say that what you believe is more truth over a theory that puts up with all the scrutiny there is and historical facts that have in fact been proven by the Church records themselves.

if you know history and you know mankind you will better understand why there is/was a need for the believe in a higher power.

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 07 Apr 2012, 18:16

hito what i more or less said is that a higher power HAD to be involved in the beginnings and designs of life. the law of increasing entropy dictates that without any outside action, we should be getting LESS complex, not more. Am i saying for sure 100% that that higher power is My god? no. and i saying that i believe so in my heart. yes.

as for my theory, hito, i know the bible was written by men. and that what was put into it was controlled by men. Does that stop me from believing that god had a hand in their choosing? no it does not. what i said could very well be right and it could very well be wrong. im fully aware. but let me put it this way, if i am wrong, then well, when we die, we become dust and nothing more. but if i am right, and choose to deny it rather than believe the consequence is eternal damnation. and also my theory has yet to be proven wrong, or right. but it makes logical sense that it COULD have happened. no that it DID.

i would also like to point out, shadowstar, that i am not denying that evolution happened, but that merely it defies the laws of nature that it happened without outside disturbance of some sort. Study entropy, and study how it applies to EVERYTHING not just physics.

that is all

Return to “Serious Discussion”