Debate: U.S Gun control

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: Debate: U.S Gun control

Postby Dr Frook » 28 Jan 2013, 11:34

keeping them in one secure location is best option. It can be controlled much better than individual households holding numerous weapons in an unsecured fashion. They can be robbed much more easily.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 28 Jan 2013, 14:04

the law making part of democracy foresees that firearms are to be stored in a securely locked location, both firearm and ammo to be kept seperate at that location as well.

I know this to be part of gun laws in most western european countries.

Hence, cracking a safe at one household will get the thief about a handfull of weapons.
Where the heist of a weapons saferoom at the military shooting range (which was abandonned for the weekend) I talked about got them a truckload of firearms.

You can logically deduct that most gun clubs are isolated and also abandonned at the times when there is no shoot taking place. Making it possible for thieves to make noise and having quite some time even if you put in state of the art security.

Storing firearms at the gun club is not an option.
Firstly there is the logistical proportion:
Most sport shooters do a few disciplines, and that means as many weapons as disciplines they train in.
So you can do the maths here.

Now you'll probably say that 1 gun for all is good enough.
That's not true. Unfortunately we are all different.
Hands, posture, eyes are all different for everyone.
This means that your firearm needs to be personalized, to fit all this.

Especially at the high end, people who participate in international competitions, olympics, you'll find that they modified it to their unique physiology.

Add in this that it is YOUR property.
And this still means quite a lot in a capitalistic democracy.

The trouble is not so much with the law abiding citizens.
Most firearms trouble you will get from criminals.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 07 Feb 2013, 12:24

I'm slightly against this.

The 2nd ammendent was created by the American founding fathers to protect the PEOPLE AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT!

Any slight take away from guns is unconstitutional, and completely going against our foundations as a nation.

Though, people don't need AK 47's, they will when the Government aims to take more of their weapons away.

With this tension and stuff, I can see the USA going into a Revolutionary War, but it's the People against the Government.

It's like, a rerun of the United Kingdom and the 13 Colonies. the British Government kept taking away Colonist rights then BAM! Revolutionary War.

Just replace the British Government with the US Government, and the Colonists with the American people.

Though, since this is the first "right" being taken away, this possible Revolutionary War will probably take place much later in the future, maybe 50-100 years, since it takes MUCH longer to take away rights in a Democracy rather than a Monarchy.

Return to “Serious Discussion”