US College Shooting Massacre 2007

Talk about serious issues here!
evilzombie
FWG Mod

US College Shooting Massacre 2007

Postby evilzombie » 03 Mar 2013, 02:55

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 marks the 6th anniversary of a college shooting massacre that happened back on Monday, April 16, 2007. A 23-year-old senior-level undergraduate spree killer killed 32 people and wounded 17 others. Plus an additional 6 people were injured jumping from windows to escape. He later committed suicide after law enforcement officers breached the doors of the building where the majority of the shooting had taken place.

This marks the 2nd worst school shooting massacre in US history.

What are y'all thoughts about this massacre?

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: US College Shooting Massacre 2007

Postby Dr Frook » 03 Mar 2013, 04:29

too many violent movies, glorifying death and destruction. Too many ultra realistic killing games, again making killing others a normal thing.

gun control is a part of the solution. But I think less violent movies would help.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 03 Mar 2013, 05:40

FWG Leader wrote:too many violent movies, glorifying death and destruction. Too many ultra realistic killing games, again making killing others a normal thing.

gun control is a part of the solution. But I think less violent movies would help.

Because playing videogames make you a serial killer. And on that note.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qRuZd0sKJSk/UC6IXVuAMjI/AAAAAAAAFGw/hO1rSVywtFg/s1600/Dangerous+Water+is.jpg
While media in general may desensitize society by overexposing it to violence, there is no reason to believe they are what convinces someone to go on a rampage. Mass murderers are deranged to begin with.
Image For trying.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2013, 20:54

mmm wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:too many violent movies, glorifying death and destruction. Too many ultra realistic killing games, again making killing others a normal thing.

Because playing videogames make you a serial killer. And on that note.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qRuZd0sKJSk/UC6IXVuAMjI/AAAAAAAAFGw/hO1rSVywtFg/s1600/Dangerous+Water+is.jpg
While media in general may desensitize society by overexposing it to violence, there is no reason to believe they are what convinces someone to go on a rampage. Mass murderers are deranged to begin with.

I LOVE THAT SO MUCH MMM!!!!! OMFG!!!!!

I hate how so many people blame deadly movies and scary videogames on serial killers. It's rediculous. I love this picture so much xD

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 03 Mar 2013, 22:05

And I believe that the relationship between violent videogames and violent acts is one of correlation rather than causation; children allowed to play violent video games are more likely to be raised in a less than ideal environment.

We all know that kid who had Grand Theft Auto in middle school who didn't turn out so well.
Image For trying.

Return to “Serious Discussion”