North Korea and the nuclear war

Talk about serious issues here!
Flobalob
FWG Mod

Re: North Korea and the nuclear war

Postby Flobalob » 04 Apr 2013, 11:15

FWG Leader wrote:I recommend a low yield nuke in the middle of square where they parade the North Korean army all the time... hopefully take them all out at the same time and as a bonus, blow up Kim Jong Un as well :)

Or just set fire to the guy in the middle. He'll run around screaming, setting everyone else on fire in the process.
Last edited by Flobalob on 04 Apr 2013, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 04 Apr 2013, 16:35

Update: North Korea warned Thursday that its military has been cleared to attack the U.S. using "smaller, lighter and diversified" nuclear weapons, while the U.S. said it will strengthen regional

North Korea has put missiles on the coast, aimed at US military bases, along with moving it's navy in preparation.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 04 Apr 2013, 17:16

Nothing is going to come of this really.

Before they started to make such claims, they had China and Russia with them - and now the issue has come to a sanction by the UN, neither China or Russia want to get involved with North Korea's threats.

Russia have called it 'completely unacceptable'. China are working with the USA and have asked for 'calm'. They're either going to quit the whole claims, or be blow to smithereens
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 04 Apr 2013, 23:15

Lucky Ducky wrote:Nothing is going to come of this really.

Before they started to make such claims, they had China and Russia with them - and now the issue has come to a sanction by the UN, neither China or Russia want to get involved with North Korea's threats.

Russia have called it 'completely unacceptable'. China are working with the USA and have asked for 'calm'. They're either going to quit the whole claims, or be blow to smithereens

Actually, China's making it clear that they will defend North Korea. They've sent more troops to the NK borders and have taken their ships closer to the South Korean border. And they're tightening their grip in China right now, too. They'll side with NK. And they won't simply side with NK because of their "friendship treaty." China wants to have a foothold in NK. They want to control what happens with NK. And I honestly believe, because I live here and I see what happens on a daily basis, that this hunger for power and control is stronger than their want for 'calm'. There's a chance I'm wrong, of course, but I'm just saying it as it appears to somebody living within China. China may prefer 'calm' to war, but if it comes down to it, they'll defend NK.
Image FWG Award for Destined to be Famous

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 05 Apr 2013, 00:11

meiguorach wrote:

Actually, China's making it clear that they will defend North Korea. They've sent more troops to the NK borders and have taken their ships closer to the South Korean border. And they're tightening their grip in China right now, too. They'll side with NK. And they won't simply side with NK because of their "friendship treaty." China wants to have a foothold in NK. They want to control what happens with NK. And I honestly believe, because I live here and I see what happens on a daily basis, that this hunger for power and control is stronger than their want for 'calm'. There's a chance I'm wrong, of course, but I'm just saying it as it appears to somebody living within China. China may prefer 'calm' to war, but if it comes down to it, they'll defend NK.

I dont think China will do that. Their economy is intimately linked with the US and Europe. They go to war against the US, then China will lose ALL support from every country that is feeding it with money. China is wayyyy too dependent on the international community. Screw with them, and there will be an economic collapse in China. North Korea does not give China any economic benefit, just headaches. I know china wants to maintain North Korea as it is, but it will suffer way more if it tries to defend it - will never happen. Maybe 40 years ago, not now. They are putting military along the borders to stop the HUGE flow of refuges that WILL flood out of North Korea should a war begin - not to defend North Korea
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 05 Apr 2013, 03:24

FWG Leader wrote:
meiguorach wrote:

I dont think China will do that. Their economy is intimately linked with the US and Europe. They go to war against the US, then China will lose ALL support from every country that is feeding it with money. China is wayyyy too dependent on the international community. Screw with them, and there will be an economic collapse in China. North Korea does not give China any economic benefit, just headaches. I know china wants to maintain North Korea as it is, but it will suffer way more if it tries to defend it - will never happen. Maybe 40 years ago, not now. They are putting military along the borders to stop the HUGE flow of refuges that WILL flood out of North Korea should a war begin - not to defend North Korea

I'm not really doing the research to get the specifics as I believe the whole thing is a bunch of saber rattling, but I have heard via the radio that China has expressed disapproval over North Korea's actions. Doesn't rule out a potential to defend, but it's very unlikely for all the reasons Frook said. No benefit, lots of risks?
Image For trying.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 05 Apr 2013, 09:30

What Roach said is interesting.
Along with what China is saying of disapproval over the entire NK nuclear threats.

For all the reasons frook said, there is one more posibility.
China invading NK themselves.

The US doesn't have an army built for conquest and keeping the land like in the old age.
China has.

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 05 Apr 2013, 13:19

I know, I'm just posted the updates here for those not keeping up with the situation.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 05 Apr 2013, 13:32

I think China are getting a bit fed up with North Korea. The US also sent an ABM System to Guam, an Island near South Korea.

Also, you may or may not be aware of the magic of Aaron Ramsey, a Welsh football/soccer player who plays for English club Arsenal. Basically, every time he scores, some big disaster happens, or a famous celebrity dies. He has only scored 11 goals so far, since he plays midfield. Count the below.

Currently, it goes like this:
26th April 2008: Scores first goal.
28th April 2008: Chinese train collides, killing 72 people.

21st October 2008: Scores against Fenerbache.
24th October 2008: Most major stock echanges experience worst decline in history.

22nd August 2009: Scores third goal.
25th August 2009: US Senator and nephew of John F. Kennedy, Edward Kennedy dies.

6th December 2009: Scores fourth goal.
8th December 2009: 127 people killed in Baghdad bombings.

30th December 2009: Scores fifth goal.
1st January 2010: 105 people killed at a Volleyball match in Pakistan after suicide bombing.

3rd January 2010: Scores sixth goal.
5th January 2010: Man who survived both the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombings (He was at both) dies.

22nd February 2011: Scores against Leicester City.
22nd February 2011: Christchurch earthquake kills 181 people.

1st May 2011: Scores only goal in 1-0 win over Manchester United.
2nd May 2011: Osama Bin Laden is killed.

2nd October 2011: Scores against Tottenham Hotspur.
5th October 2011: Steve Jobs dies.

19th October 2011: Scores only goal in 1-0 win over Olympique Marseille.
20th October 2011: Muammar Gaddafi is killed.

11th February 2012: Scores against Sunderland.
12th February 2012: Whitney Houston found dead.

Also, when he broke his leg, an 8.8 Magnitude Earthquake hit Chile.

US to deploy Aaron Ramsey?
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 05 Apr 2013, 23:06

I wonder what would happen if Araon died... .-.

Return to “Serious Discussion”