West Intervention in Syria?

Talk about serious issues here!

What is your opinion on the issue in Syria?

USUK should intervine and take out the regime/support rebels based on use of chemical weapons with no clear evidence on which side used it
13%
USUK should NOT intervene and for WesternPowers to stop getting into things that don't involve them.
38%
Let local military powers like Egypt, Turkey, and/or Iran work on making this situation better.
13%
Let the problem be decided on the United Nations, rather than the Arab League/ME powers or USUK and their allies.
38%

Total votes: 8

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: West Intervention in Syria?

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 08 Sep 2013, 19:24

You do know that the rebels already admitted to using the chemical weapons that they got from Saudi Arabia, right..?

And, think about it. Assad isn't stupid, no dictator would use weapons that would make a world power just roll the country. They just wouldn't. It's illogical.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 08 Sep 2013, 21:28

Shadowstar1922 wrote:

You do know that the rebels already admitted to using the chemical weapons that they got from Saudi Arabia, right..?

And, think about it. Assad isn't stupid, no dictator would use weapons that would make a world power just roll the country. They just wouldn't. It's illogical.

UNLESS they want to say they too can fight back.
Assad has the Russians and Chinese backing him up, and Iraq (or Iran) aswell.
Also if he is indeed in possession of chemical weapons, why not show off?

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 08 Sep 2013, 21:38

Shadow00 wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:

Iraq seems to kind of side with Assad, for the SLA has kind of raided a couple Iraqi military posts on the border, and Iran is backing them up as strong as China and Russia is.

And, again, Assad using chemical weapons is purely illogical. Even though Dictators want to show off their weapons, it just doesn't add up. America doesn't set off their chemical weapons and nukes just to "show off" and as well as all the other countries with nuclear and chemical weapons. They'd send them off for a reason, and just to show off isn't one of them. No one in power is that stupid.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 08 Sep 2013, 23:20

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:You do know that the rebels already admitted to using the chemical weapons that they got from Saudi Arabia, right..?

Iraq seems to kind of side with Assad, for the SLA has kind of raided a couple Iraqi military posts on the border, and Iran is backing them up as strong as China and Russia is.

And, again, Assad using chemical weapons is purely illogical. Even though Dictators want to show off their weapons, it just doesn't add up. America doesn't set off their chemical weapons and nukes just to "show off" and as well as all the other countries with nuclear and chemical weapons. They'd send them off for a reason, and just to show off isn't one of them. No one in power is that stupid.

You're operating off the assumption that authoritarian dictators are logical.
http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/2013/09/05/6-evil-dictators-who-have-used-chemical-weapons/
Image For trying.

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 08 Sep 2013, 23:38

Think of it like this. If Syria did in fact order it, then the US can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. While I'm sure that Assad used chemical weapons, and agree it's a justified action to hit Syria, The sheer fact of the matter is, if the US can get the UN to hit Syria, then Iran will respond with military action as well. In response, 2 of the US' enemies will be taken down due to political manipulation.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 09 Sep 2013, 01:36

Mmm, you do know you just contradicted yourself...?

Those authoritarian dictators who used chemical weapons used it to stay in power and to destroy opposition forces or just to use it to simply use it, because they were in the situation where they literally had little to no threat to their country. They used logic to know when was the right time to use the chemical weapons because they wanted to.

Comparing that with Assad's use of chemical weapons, Assad is dealing with a civil war and political pressure and possible foreign intervention of world powers, so it'd be illogical to use the chemical weapons now. And, there is sitll no clear evidence that the Assad regime used chemical weapons, the UN is still determining that. :P

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 09 Sep 2013, 20:21

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Mmm, you do know you just contradicted yourself...?

Those authoritarian dictators who used chemical weapons used it to stay in power and to destroy opposition forces or just to use it to simply use it, because they were in the situation where they literally had little to no threat to their country. They used logic to know when was the right time to use the chemical weapons because they wanted to.

Comparing that with Assad's use of chemical weapons, Assad is dealing with a civil war and political pressure and possible foreign intervention of world powers, so it'd be illogical to use the chemical weapons now. And, there is sitll no clear evidence that the Assad regime used chemical weapons, the UN is still determining that. :P

Where am I contradicting myself?

The Assad regime allegedly used these weapons BEFORE the international hubbub. In fact, the civil war is a reason WHY he would use chemical weapons (to more effectively defeat the enemy or what have you). I'm not saying he's continuing to use them now. You're right in that he's not going to further aggravate the world by using chemical weapons while under scrutiny.

(I also don't buy that rebels admitted to using chemical weapons. I'd like a link).
Image For trying.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 09 Sep 2013, 23:59

From what I see, after Russia talked Syria into NOT using chemical weapons, the US backed down and aren't going to attack Syria. I am stating this now, as I'm leaving in a couple of days. Remember it. For whatever extremity that is to be blamed on the Syrian government and is to happen within one month, the Syrian government is the least likely to have caused it.
If the US sneak in there again somehow, I am against it.
Whatever may happen in Syria now, even if they nuke themselves, even if they launch an attack on Christianity by summoning Satan and allying themselves with aliens to attack the world and rule us all, I am against US going in that country within this month.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 10 Sep 2013, 23:41

sounds like the Russian plan to remove the chemical weapons from Syrian gov hands is moving ahead. Thank the lord... however, the rebels who launched the chemical attack will be disappointed that their plan to suck the US into the conflict failed. Oh well, they will now have to think of other ways to kill people on mass to lure outside nations into the conflict.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 12 Sep 2013, 23:41

FWG Leader wrote:sounds like the Russian plan to remove the chemical weapons from Syrian gov hands is moving ahead. Thank the lord... however, the rebels who launched the chemical attack will be disappointed that their plan to suck the US into the conflict failed. Oh well, they will now have to think of other ways to kill people on mass to lure outside nations into the conflict.

Don't worry Frook. Al Quada has their ways on getting chemical weapons from different resources.

Return to “Serious Discussion”