West Intervention in Syria?

Talk about serious issues here!

What is your opinion on the issue in Syria?

USUK should intervine and take out the regime/support rebels based on use of chemical weapons with no clear evidence on which side used it
13%
USUK should NOT intervene and for WesternPowers to stop getting into things that don't involve them.
38%
Let local military powers like Egypt, Turkey, and/or Iran work on making this situation better.
13%
Let the problem be decided on the United Nations, rather than the Arab League/ME powers or USUK and their allies.
38%

Total votes: 8

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

West Intervention in Syria?

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 27 Aug 2013, 17:09

As many of you have heard, another rumor that the Syrian Government used chemical weapons against their own people or during a clash with the rebels, so I'm going to give a summary of numerous sides and what they're basically saying. There will also be a poll to represent what you think should happen. Videos below will help explain the situation for those new. Feel free to post any articles/videos you read to help you get a grasp on the situation.

SourceFed

TheYoungTurks:

SourceFed simplifies it, but if you're into the politics and more expanded information on what happened, TYT has that.

Now, here's the sides.

People who support intervetnion.
US wants to intervene to simply show dominance in the world and have an excuse to take out a Dictator that doesn't like America and create a puppet democacy like Iraq and Afghanistan to help supress Palestinian freedom, support Israeli imperialism/genocide, and weaken Iran and Russia's ally. The claim of use of chemical weapons used by the Syrian Government has no real evidence to support that the Government did infact use it. The country is torn in two, military bases can be overrun and raided, but no one is sure. US political leaders claim they do this for the American people, when only 9% of the American people want an intervention, while 89% said no. And to further go, a shocking 49% said that the US should no intervene even if the Syrian Regime used chemical weapons, while around 20-30% said to intervene if Syria used chemical weapons. The UK is only in this because America is in this. (not really sure what's happening with the British politics, if the UK is blowing this out of proportion)
People who don't support intervention:
Russia is supporting the Syrian Regime simply to keep an arms trading partner in their sphere, and China is joining to either anger America or tag along with their Russian ally. Iran defends Syria for the simple sake that they are allies and all three countries use the point that no one knows for certain that chemical weapons were used by the Syrian Regime, and claim that the rebels probably did it because the Rebels are former members of Al Quada and Al Quada is known to use numerous styles of explosives. Others say to not intervene for the simple sake of not wanting another Iraqi War and Afghanistan intervention happening again and are against US imperialism.

3rd party just wants the Arab League/ local military powers to come together and work on a solution for they know the area and the people better than Western powers.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: West Intervention in Syria?

Postby Dr Frook » 28 Aug 2013, 01:57

pure insanity. Western countries should not get involved. It is going to make things so much worse, they will demolish the country, cost countless lives, and then create a completely unstable government.

so so sad.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 28 Aug 2013, 13:21

FWG Leader wrote:pure insanity. Western countries should not get involved. It is going to make things so much worse, they will demolish the country, cost countless lives, and then create a completely unstable government.

so so sad.

It was going to happen sooner or later, apparently time has come.
Sadly, nonof the options mentioned above solve any problem at all, so I'll just pass.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 28 Aug 2013, 21:42

._. United states ready to declare war?
If this happens >-> Lamb will be having to fight..
I've lost my pieces.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 29 Aug 2013, 00:46

Shadow00 wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:pure insanity. Western countries should not get involved. It is going to make things so much worse, they will demolish the country, cost countless lives, and then create a completely unstable government.

so so sad.

It was going to happen sooner or later, apparently time has come.
Sadly, nonof the options mentioned above solve any problem at all, so I'll just pass.

They're not solutions, they're what you think should be done. Again, another thing that should've been obvious but you didn't read it correctly. .-.

GarthVader449
FWG Duke

Postby GarthVader449 » 29 Aug 2013, 16:18

I'm about to write a dessertion on this so, everyone who has and will express their views. Would you mind if I quote you on your opinion and what you say. And I will acknowledge it in the essay by giving your name(here) and url and time. This meaning that I am clearly stating that this is your own opinions and not mine. I could do it anyone, but it's polite to ask. :)
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 29 Aug 2013, 19:34

GarthVader449 wrote:I'm about to write a dessertion on this so, everyone who has and will express their views. Would you mind if I quote you on your opinion and what you say. And I will acknowledge it in the essay by giving your name(here) and url and time. This meaning that I am clearly stating that this is your own opinions and not mine. I could do it anyone, but it's polite to ask. :)

I don't mind you quoting me, good or bad. :P

Just don't edit it. If you edit it and it looks like I'm saying something different from what I originally said, then we'd have a problem. If you took parts out just to shorten my point, then I'm fine.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 30 Aug 2013, 01:56

thank the lord the UK government voted against taking action. I hope the US follows suit and does not do anything stupid.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 30 Aug 2013, 03:43

But what about the Syrian people who beg for our aid to save their families?

I generally oppose foreign intervention, but on this point I always falter. Some believe we have a moral obligation to assist members of nations who ask for it in times of need. What's your response to them, Shadowstar?
Image For trying.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 30 Aug 2013, 03:59

mmm wrote:But what about the Syrian people who beg for our aid to save their families?

I generally oppose foreign intervention, but on this point I always falter. Some believe we have a moral obligation to assist members of nations who ask for it in times of need. What's your response to them, Shadowstar?

what about those begging for no intervention... and what about those who will be hating the US so much more when it destroys most of Syria and creates another Iraq style hell hole?

Return to “Serious Discussion”