Red versus Blue

Talk about serious issues here!
danny
FWG Mod

Red versus Blue

Postby danny » 19 Dec 2013, 19:14

No, not the popular web series by rooster teeth, but rather philosophical discussion.

couple rules for this topic:
1. type what is on your mind until it digresses away from the topic
2. When replying to a post (like quoting and analyzing), ignore rule one but.
3. When replying to a post also be courteous and no personal attacks or demonizing

shall we begin the experiment?

------------------------------------------Topic---------------------------------------------

What does red mean to you? How about blue? Are they really in conflict or are they working side by side?

Is it really as simple as two colors, or is the meaning deeper? Let us today delve into this topic head first, and take it seriously rather than making lewd jokes, or silly puns, using memes and the like, but instead using our minds to discern what exactly is it that we believe.

---------------------------------------------End---------------------------------------------

To me it starts rather simply, red being blood, war, destruction, contamination and Blue being Peace, clarity, water, purity. Between the two i would honestly prefer Blue but i know that the attraction of red, that allure for violence, the lust for blood that drives some men to kill, that need to conquer and be victorious at all costs is far too powerful for all me to throw down their weapons and start anew. No matter how beautiful that Utopian blue appears, no matter the form it takes, no matter how much nicer everything is, we at our very core as a species deny it, we destroy it and defile it. It's not that we hate all that is good and pure, but that none can ever agree to what is good and pure, and thus we fight and stain the clear blue waters with the crimson red of blood. But does this make the red evil? Does it make it wrong? I say nay because in the end there will never be the perfect clear pure blue and the world will not ever be flooded over with the crimson red, that the want for there to be only peace drives men to the point of shedding blood to attain this peace and in the end the blue becomes more evil than the red, for more lives have been taken in Peacekeeping than in wars for conquest. men use the banner for peace to unleash the dogs of war and thus killing innocents and villains alike to what end?

and now i've got nothing.
True beauty lies in the heart, so i must look like stein :D

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Re: Red versus Blue

Postby Demitri » 20 Dec 2013, 00:29

Red versus blue is obviously working together and fight at the same time, do you not watch the Halo series? :3
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

wolves rock
FWG King

Postby wolves rock » 20 Dec 2013, 00:38

Red is better as blue is constantly being wiped out with all our grey and destruction, and though blue might be peaceful, red will never leave us as long as we have blood.
ImageImage

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 20 Dec 2013, 00:52

Red is better e.e
Red means Strength, blood, anger, hatred, love, lust, etc.
Strong emotions
while blue is only about being calm, cool headed, relaxed.
Red>Blue
I've lost my pieces.

ObsidianTheGod
FWG Mod

Postby ObsidianTheGod » 20 Dec 2013, 07:07

Red and blue to me, personally means nothing.

It depends in what kind of nature you're asking the viewpoint from.

If you're asking it from a human perspective, they see colours as emotions, struggles or general day-to-day problems or solutions. For example:
Blue: Cool, water, laid back, relaxed, cold, etc.
Red: Destruction, blood, war, negativity, etc.
They are only made out as emotions and feelings simply because we say so. "Man-made", if you will. Plastic is only a bottle when we transform and craft it.

However if you're asking from more of a natural level.
They don't fight, nor do they work together. They're just there. Blue is the colour of water and can be cool, but it can also be the colour of steam, which is also hot. Hopefully that's understood metaphorically.
If you look up at me you will see a friend.
If you look down at me you will see an enemy.
But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God.
Bray Wyatt

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 25 Dec 2013, 01:50

I'm green.

GarthVader449
FWG Duke

Postby GarthVader449 » 27 Dec 2013, 17:47

How could you 'respect' blue, without red?
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''

prophet
FWG King

Postby prophet » 29 Dec 2013, 02:53

Damn it. Danny did you name this purposely to fool me?
Image FWG BLACKBELT

My Discord ID is Artolix, if anybody wants to reconnect.

Return to “Serious Discussion”