Bullying and Trolling in the chat room.

Talk about serious issues here!
peregrine
FWG Professional
Location: Look outside your window...oh wait. I forgot. I'm not there because I'm a NINJA!

Bullying and Trolling in the chat room.

Postby peregrine » 17 May 2014, 05:06

I've had many people bullying me in the chat rooms. I won't say names, but I am very upset. I have autism, and I have kind of fragile emotions. Please do not tell me to 'ignore them' if this is accepted. I would like real solutions. Please. I REALLY DON'T WANT POSTS THAT TELL ME TO 'LET IT GO' Last time I checked, none of you were Idina Menzel. And I wish to not get banned when I do nothing. I was simply provoked. I know this won't be accepted, so I should stop talking. But if it is accepted, this is a real issue and I need help.

P.S. NO POSTS TELLING ME TO IGNORE IT!!!!!

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Re: Bullying and Trolling in the chat room.

Postby Zia- » 17 May 2014, 05:18

while Bullying and trolling others certainly does cause disharmony between users, if you see people bullying another, dont get involved in it, let the mods deal with the situation and get it under control, users yelling at each other and insulting them is not the way to deal with it, if you are the one being bullied dont start attacking people trying to defend yourself, ask for a mod and let them sort it out, this also means that you shouldnt yell at mods when we are trying to get everyone calmed down and back to normal, arguing doesnt make our job any easier you know, think about that before you decide to act
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

dankness75
FWG Mod

Postby dankness75 » 17 May 2014, 17:58

We have moderators for a reason, you do NOT flare up and start to retaliate because this makes the matters worse. However, you could always pm a mod and a cm so they can deal with it. By not ignoring insults means you will make the job harder for us like Zia has said.

By the way, if you have fragile emotions or feelings then I recommend you being nice to others too. Please understand this and keep calm. Moderators do NOT like banning and they like giving advice. If you don't want to follow then you aren't doing yourself a favour or any better.

The real solution we try to result are that create harmony and keep the chat safe. We moderators are surely sophisticated enough to deal with issues.

Temporary is one word which describes a persons life.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 19 May 2014, 06:09

dankness75 wrote:We have moderators for a reason, you do NOT flare up and start to retaliate because this makes the matters worse. However, you could always pm a mod and a cm so they can deal with it. By not ignoring insults means you will make the job harder for us like Zia has said.

By the way, if you have fragile emotions or feelings then I recommend you being nice to others too. Please understand this and keep calm. Moderators do NOT like banning and they like giving advice. If you don't want to follow then you aren't doing yourself a favor or any better.

The real solution we try to result are that create harmony and keep the chat safe. We moderators are surely sophisticated enough to deal with issues.

I have to agree. IF anyone upsets you in the chat you can always PM a moderator on the forum for help.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

The Dice Man
FWG Colonel

Postby The Dice Man » 25 May 2014, 15:17

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 25 May 2014, 16:15

The Dice Man wrote:Image

^ that
ya know the mods aren't on 24/7
the frick are we supposed to do if someone's getting bullied and no one's there to help?
i'm not gonna just sit back and watch
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 25 May 2014, 22:53

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:
The Dice Man wrote:Image

^ that
ya know the mods aren't on 24/7
the frick are we supposed to do if someone's getting bullied and no one's there to help?
i'm not gonna just sit back and watch

Agreed.

And expecting that people will go look for a mod first, rather than defend themselves, or stick up for the person being bullied is a rather idiotic system of thinking.

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 25 May 2014, 23:23

I agree with Kyle and Box on this.
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Postby Demitri » 26 May 2014, 04:20

peregrine wrote:I've had many people bullying me in the chat rooms. I won't say names, but I am very upset. I have autism, and I have kind of fragile emotions. Please do not tell me to 'ignore them' if this is accepted. I would like real solutions. Please. I REALLY DON'T WANT POSTS THAT TELL ME TO 'LET IT GO' Last time I checked, none of you were Idina Menzel. And I wish to not get banned when I do nothing. I was simply provoked. I know this won't be accepted, so I should stop talking. But if it is accepted, this is a real issue and I need help.

I am very grateful for you to be standing up to this even with your autism, I have ADHD and people think I'm weird at times,but hey,that'd Riku for ya. Bulging ain't ok either way, and it is true that the mods ain't on 24/7 it's life. But, I still hope for the idea of an ignore button.
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 26 May 2014, 11:16

ben1 wrote:
peregrine wrote:I've had many people bullying me in the chat rooms. I won't say names, but I am very upset. I have autism, and I have kind of fragile emotions. Please do not tell me to 'ignore them' if this is accepted. I would like real solutions. Please. I REALLY DON'T WANT POSTS THAT TELL ME TO 'LET IT GO' Last time I checked, none of you were Idina Menzel. And I wish to not get banned when I do nothing. I was simply provoked. I know this won't be accepted, so I should stop talking. But if it is accepted, this is a real issue and I need help.

I am very grateful for you to be standing up to this even with your autism, I have ADHD and people think I'm weird at times,but hey,that'd Riku for ya. Bulging ain't ok either way, and it is true that the mods ain't on 24/7 it's life. But, I still hope for the idea of an ignore button.

The idea of an ignore button sounds pretty great. I think we should have it.

Return to “Serious Discussion”