school uniforms

Talk about serious issues here!
gheener
FWG Squire

school uniforms

Postby gheener » 08 Mar 2010, 02:54

i have thought a lot about this.
this is my opinion i want to hear yours.

school uniform pros
it makes the kids equal to a point of clothing.

cons
they are controlled, no way to express yourself

NeonBond
FWG Mod

Re: school uniforms

Postby NeonBond » 08 Mar 2010, 05:19

i go to an catholic school, our uniform is basically a shirt with a collar, and no jeans. ANYTHING within these guidlines is fine

i can wear a anykind of shirt i want as long as there is a collar, and i can wear any pants or shorts i want as long as thier not jeans.
I see wut you did thar!

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 08 Mar 2010, 10:28

Here in the UK nearly every school has a uniform code.

Our was pretty slack, it had to be black jeans and either a polo shirt and jumper with the school emblem on it or a white (and for a couple of years black) shirt and school tie, and black shoes. However as you got older you could get away with more deviations, eventually i was wearing black baggies and a stripey jumper and Skateshoes, as long as I had my tie on teachers said nothing to me!

The pros are it spares you having to worry about what to wear, so there is less worry on that front to have the latest clothes and fashion, so there is next to no bullying on that front, apart from maybe 'Hi-Tech' trainers or unwashed clothes.

It doesn't really prevent expression, well in my school it didn't. People find ways to express themselves within the limit. NO JOKE, there are 'cool' ways to tie your tie and 'uncool' ways to tie your tie.

And when there are more strict uniforms, like the big skirts for girls and blazers... Well my mates had a thing for the private school girls...

I think it's a good thing, all in all, as long as it's not too strong. Teaches a certain sense of appropriateness and restraint, educates students to be more subtle in their approach to expressing themselves.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 08 Mar 2010, 14:36

although we in Belgium almost have no schools with a uniform code left, I have to agree with munt.

All in all we could wear whatever we wanted to.

Connor
FWG Chat Mod

Postby Connor » 08 Mar 2010, 21:33

Wow, my unfiorm is you have to wear a white shirt, navy blue pants, a belt, a school hat, a tie, and you can wear one bracelet. I hate my school. -_-
Om nom nom nom nom nom nom...

Noonie
FWG Earl

Postby Noonie » 09 Mar 2010, 02:30

My school is girls may not wear a collared shirt but we also may not wear a blouse that goes below the collarbone. Our shirts may not have writing or logos on them. Skirts and shorts may not be more than one inch above the knee, and lace or torn clothing is not permitted. No denim. Girls must have their natural hair colour (that rule gets overlooked) and eye colour. Earrings must be studs. No choker necklaces. No bracelets. No rings. No piercings besides the ear. No visible ink (penmarks), and no tattoos. Shoes must be closed toed and heeled, with an appropriate sole. No holes are allowed in shoes. Heels may not be over one inch. High-top sneakers are not allowed. No boots, no matter the weather. No umbrellas may be brought on campus. No hats may be worn indoors or during school hours. Socks must be worn unless flat shoes are worn.

I hate school.

gheener
FWG Squire

Postby gheener » 09 Mar 2010, 12:14

i never had the chance to experience a school uniform.

Noonie
FWG Earl

Postby Noonie » 09 Mar 2010, 13:07

gheener wrote:i never had the chance to experience a school uniform.

Blegh luckyyyyyy

frenchgirl
FWG Commoner

Postby frenchgirl » 09 Mar 2010, 20:34

Well im homeschooled but I used to go to school and I had to wear a skirt and a blue shirt.

nicholai
FWG Assassin

Postby nicholai » 12 Mar 2010, 13:53

here in russia we MUST ware school uniforms (they look stupid!! its like a military uniform.... but i must say the coat is verry warm) <<<thats good when its winter here =p
there are some schools where you dont have to but almost every school still uses school uniforms

nicho
fool me once, shame on you!!
fool me twice, shame on me!!

Return to “Serious Discussion”