Another head lopped off

Talk about serious issues here!
Connor
FWG Chat Mod

Re: Another head lopped off

Postby Connor » 09 Sep 2014, 04:50

It is upsetting to see this retaliation, but America isn't going to stop. They'll keep the bombing campaign on, maybe even intensify the bombing campaign.

Though intensifying the campaign will bring more resistance from ISIS, it'll send them a message about America's anger over the beheading of the two American journalists.

Last note, America should ban anymore journalists from traveling to the region ISIS operates in, keeping them safe from ISIS's terror.
Om nom nom nom nom nom nom...

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 10 Sep 2014, 21:01

I wouldn't watch those videos If I were you. That's what they want you to do.

Seeing someone being beheaded is not something one should seek out, also.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 10 Sep 2014, 23:23

Munter wrote:I wouldn't watch those videos If I were you. That's what they want you to do.

Seeing someone being beheaded is not something one should seek out, also.

agreed, I'd never watch the vids. These people come straight out of the dark ages and like using fear to get their insane point of view across. Granted I dont think it works as they expect. You don't see the world trembling in fear when they do things like this, all u hear is of massive reprisals against them and innocent muslims. So all they achieve the further suffering of their own people. *sigh*
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 11 Sep 2014, 20:39

Connor wrote:It is upsetting to see this retaliation, but America isn't going to stop. They'll keep the bombing campaign on, maybe even intensify the bombing campaign.

Though intensifying the campaign will bring more resistance from ISIS, it'll send them a message about America's anger over the beheading of the two American journalists.

Last note, America should ban anymore journalists from traveling to the region ISIS operates in, keeping them safe from ISIS's terror.

the Shiite Militias have already done beheadings of their own on behalf of the Iraqi Central Government and have also been kicking Sunnis out of hteir villages and burning them down, driving them away from their homes. Not to excuse ISIS, but our further backing in the conflict lets the Central Government be more bold and aggressive, especially with the Kurdish Peshmerga allying them self with the Central Government. One Kurdish soldier had once called the Shiite Militia, "the ISIS for the Shia" or something along the lines of that.

By the time they both flank ISIS, they'll start fighting each other.

My opinion is that we should wrap up some bombings and then get out before ISIS starts focusing their targets on the US. ISIS was only targeting Iraq and the Levant(Syria/Lebanon down to Israel") and their goal was just to reestablish a Sunni Caliphate and be proud like the ol' days (whih is ironic because the Caliphates back then were pretty progressive, open minded, and scientific and ISIS is none of that.)

Just leave and apologize. Iraq shouldn't exist, it never existed. It happened because some dumb British imperialists drew some lines on a map and grouped 3 culture groups in one country. The hell did you think was going to happen? It still astonishes me how Hussein was able to keep cultural stability after his failed attempt to exterminate the Kurds.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 12 Sep 2014, 00:46

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Connor wrote:It is upsetting to see this retaliation, but America isn't going to stop. They'll keep the bombing campaign on, maybe even intensify the bombing campaign.

the Shiite Militias have already done beheadings of their own on behalf of the Iraqi Central Government and have also been kicking Sunnis out of hteir villages and burning them down, driving them away from their homes. Not to excuse ISIS, but our further backing in the conflict lets the Central Government be more bold and aggressive, especially with the Kurdish Peshmerga allying them self with the Central Government. One Kurdish soldier had once called the Shiite Militia, "the ISIS for the Shia" or something along the lines of that.

By the time they both flank ISIS, they'll start fighting each other.

My opinion is that we should wrap up some bombings and then get out before ISIS starts focusing their targets on the US. ISIS was only targeting Iraq and the Levant(Syria/Lebanon down to Israel") and their goal was just to reestablish a Sunni Caliphate and be proud like the ol' days (whih is ironic because the Caliphates back then were pretty progressive, open minded, and scientific and ISIS is none of that.)

Just leave and apologize. Iraq shouldn't exist, it never existed. It happened because some dumb British imperialists drew some lines on a map and grouped 3 culture groups in one country. The hell did you think was going to happen? It still astonishes me how Hussein was able to keep cultural stability after his failed attempt to exterminate the Kurds.

Nice idea, but I doubt that things will be all rose petals even if the US leaves now. After all the army is just the physical means of US imposing themselves on another country, there is always political influence and/or money involved that still can ruin half the middle east

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 12 Sep 2014, 10:08

Obviously the US withdrawing is not going to solve it, but that issue isn't our problem. That's for the military powers of the region to decide and take action. If they think ISIS is a threat to them, let Iran air force take them out. Let the Turkish tanks roll over them. Let Israel's missiles rain down on them.

My point is that it's not our problem. The only time I'll support US intervention is if ISIS could be powerful enough to make the military commanders of the armies of Iran, Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt nervous and that they were loosing (if they intervened, that is.)

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 13 Sep 2014, 02:23

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Obviously the US withdrawing is not going to solve it, but that issue isn't our problem. That's for the military powers of the region to decide and take action. If they think ISIS is a threat to them, let Iran air force take them out. Let the Turkish tanks roll over them. Let Israel's missiles rain down on them.

My point is that it's not our problem. The only time I'll support US intervention is if ISIS could be powerful enough to make the military commanders of the armies of Iran, Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt nervous and that they were loosing (if they intervened, that is.)

2 months, and a $10 per gallon increase in gas later...

There is no right answer. There's simply an answer where we lose less. No, I don't think we should arm Iraq. I think we should bomb the hell out of ISIS and let the rest of the countries do as they decide.

Leaving entirely would not fix the problem what so ever. Only further antagonize it. Sending Iraq into Syria/Iran's arms. And by extension, further empowering the Russian sphere of influence.

Saudi Arabia funded ISIS and is still deciding on whether to continue supporting them or not, from what I've been told. With that information, I can't see them attacking ISIS.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 13 Sep 2014, 12:52

There is nothing stopping us from turning to alternative energy resources. We have a giant plain that stretches north to south of our country that can easily generate wind power, and half of our nation is an entire desert (more or less), where we can have solar power plants. Scientists have developed solar powered roads that cars can drive over, they can collect solar energy, store it, and supply it throughout the neighborhoods, and prevent ice from destroying the roads by having heat rods placed in them. My state(Massachusetts) pays waaay too much money deploying trucks and workers to clear the roads and it irritates a lot of people every winter.

We don't need oil.

We can transition to alternative resources, and there is more then enough oil in our reserves, and our friendly neighbors of Canada and Mexico, to supply oil throughout the areas that need it until the transition of building.

Some middle eastern nations are doing this coughcoughsaudiarabiacoughcoughunitedarabemiratescoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough who have already begin storing energy into power plants and if I'm not mistaken, they've created some neighborhoods dependent on solar energy. By the time oil runs out in the Middle East, North American desert, Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Sea, etc, we'll all be running back to the Middle East for energy sources, and therefore tied back into their politics that we didn't even belong to in the first place.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 14 Sep 2014, 11:53

Although this is going off topic, by the time we run out of oil we will have a fun time creating plastic stuff as well as medicine. Guaranteed jump back 50 years cause no one wants to use other forms of energy (nuclear, renewable ones etc)

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 14 Sep 2014, 20:18

Shadowstar1922 wrote:There is nothing stopping us from turning to alternative energy resources. We have a giant plain that stretches north to south of our country that can easily generate wind power, and half of our nation is an entire desert (more or less), where we can have solar power plants. Scientists have developed solar powered roads that cars can drive over, they can collect solar energy, store it, and supply it throughout the neighborhoods, and prevent ice from destroying the roads by having heat rods placed in them. My state(Massachusetts) pays waaay too much money deploying trucks and workers to clear the roads and it irritates a lot of people every winter.

We don't need oil.

We can transition to alternative resources, and there is more then enough oil in our reserves, and our friendly neighbors of Canada and Mexico, to supply oil throughout the areas that need it until the transition of building.

Some middle eastern nations are doing this coughcoughsaudiarabiacoughcoughunitedarabemiratescoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough who have already begin storing energy into power plants and if I'm not mistaken, they've created some neighborhoods dependent on solar energy. By the time oil runs out in the Middle East, North American desert, Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Sea, etc, we'll all be running back to the Middle East for energy sources, and therefore tied back into their politics that we didn't even belong to in the first place.

We're not transitioning from an oil based economy this decade; you know that as well as I do. You can hope we will, but we wont.

Perhaps Canada and Mexico could, but I guarantee you the prices would still dramatically rise.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Return to “Serious Discussion”