Why We Still Need Feminism

Talk about serious issues here!
Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Why We Still Need Feminism

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 11 Nov 2014, 00:09

Okay so i gave a link to a topic on fwg where there were 5+ links to articles thoroughly explaining the discrimination women still face today in a reply to kingsley, and kingsley still claims feminism did their duty??

what???

i mean i can't take your opinion seriously when i've literally given you the proof and you're still trying to say feminism already did their part. lol ok.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 11 Nov 2014, 03:23

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Okay so i gave a link to a topic on fwg where there were 5+ links to articles thoroughly explaining the discrimination women still face today in a reply to kingsley, and kingsley still claims feminism did their duty??

what???

i mean i can't take your opinion seriously when i've literally given you the proof and you're still trying to say feminism already did their part. lol ok.

but he gave proof of the opposite. maybe take his into account?
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

BabySnake256
FWG Butt Kicker

Postby BabySnake256 » 11 Nov 2014, 06:56

This a tricky conversation because your not looking at just one part of the world but the whole map. I think at least in the Western part of the world, feminisim would barely have signs of feminisim.
- Women in the US got the vote in 1920's
- They started drinking and smoking more in public
- They started getting jobs to create a double income for the household
- The first women president wouldd of been Clinton
All of the above was caused by WWI
The only thing stopping women from gettong jobs and a equal pay are the glass ceiling but the average age of pregnenacy has increased and women have also been taking jobs at a earlier age. Eg. Densie Morrison
And the haressment I think its due manily to adverts were women are seen as a object ofdesire. Like when you see a car ad with a sexy female model right next to it.
For the rest of the world: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u05C7bIkYm ... &hl=en

someguy
FWG Prince

Postby someguy » 11 Nov 2014, 11:23

#triggers everywhere. Come on guys face it Feminism isn't only needed in the U.S. How about in India or the middle eastern countries? (Asia in general and maybe Africa.) I think we need to prioritize 1st wave feminism and 2nd wave feminism to every other country first.
This guy is the embodiment of cringe.
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-v9PdfKlA2WE/TfYGXjiZJ5I/AAAAAAAABmA/gJslrGtGfPw/h120/dancing+pig.gif[/img]
Sg's Piggy

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 11 Nov 2014, 14:29

someguy wrote:#triggers everywhere. Come on guys face it Feminism isn't only needed in the U.S. How about in India or the middle eastern countries? (Asia in general and maybe Africa.) I think we need to prioritize 1st wave feminism and 2nd wave feminism to every other country first.

obviously, i mean those countries need equality more than america or any other western world. i'm glad india has huge feminist movements, if only it was enough to pressure the government to grant them equality.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 11 Nov 2014, 17:17

okay but this is really important.
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 11 Nov 2014, 18:41

IlikeAwesomeSauce wrote:okay but this is really important.

it's not a matter of "distraction" it's a matter of "people showing their underwear on school grounds". and the dress code applies to both genders--not because of distraction, but because what the school deems inappropriate, they will keep from happening.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 11 Nov 2014, 19:32

Alice wrote:

I would be hella distracted if a guy came in wearing a slim fit tuxedo bow tie and all. Or came in topless.

That being said, I don't think singling out anyone whether it be in school or outside where people get hollered at for apparently wearing attractive clothing is right. I get approached by both guys and girls when I'm out because of some fandom t shirt I'm wearing but then I also get approached if I'm wearing a shapeless hoodie. It's random, you can't really pinpoint a specific thing that makes people approach you and you can't pinpoint a specific group that actually does the approaching. Men are perhaps more vocal about it, but then I've seen how girls also dissect and discriminate someone for something they're wearing-they just do it behind their back.

Simple solution that Britain has: uniforms.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 11 Nov 2014, 22:57

Fuipui wrote:

it's not a matter of "distraction" it's a matter of "people showing their underwear on school grounds". and the dress code applies to both genders--not because of distraction, but because what the school deems inappropriate, they will keep from happening.

IIf that was the case, fui, then schools' excuse wouldnt be that the girl was a distraction, it would be, "hey, put some damn clothes on."

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 11 Nov 2014, 23:37

It tends to happen that girls break dress code more often than guys.

Additionally, "modesty" in the US has pretty much caused the oversexualization of women. It doesn't, however, mean that ALL males sexualize women.

Furthermore, You can't simply undo about a thousand years of women being second class citizens in less than a tenth of that time. Let time do its work.

Furthermore,

Women need to also not play the victim card, not saying all women do, just saying that it happens.
Same as black people need to stop playing the "you racist!" card. Not saying all do, nothing against black people. Just saying it happens.

Both of these "victim" cards make all other progress made look laughable.

It even makes Racism and Misogyny look like a joke.
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Return to “Serious Discussion”