The Sheer Amounts of Disharmony

Talk about serious issues here!
Father Anderson
FWG God

The Sheer Amounts of Disharmony

Postby Father Anderson » 24 Jul 2015, 18:04

(Note: I am not sure if this belongs in this forum or not, but hey.)

I have noticed lately, that there has been so much arguing over insignificant things, and passive aggressiveness between users. It's getting pretty bad, to the point that the chat is filled with negativity for sometimes hours at a time. This really concerns me, because with the continued negativity, people are going to start leaving, or being even worse.

I have no clue what to do, other than try and shed some more light upon the happenings. Maybe if more people see what they are doing is stupid, and bad for the site, they'll stop, or maybe they'll continue, who knows. I want some form of change made, so people stop having to argue over stupid stuff like "techno music blah blah blah" or "tumblr blah blah blah". Because these arguments are literally pointless, and shouldn't even be had. If it is so necessary to argue about it, could we try and take it to room 2, or PM? If you can't make the effort to do that, it isn't that important, now is it?

Please leave your thoughts below, as I would be interested to see what you guys have to say on the matter.
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: The Sheer Amounts of Disharmony

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 24 Jul 2015, 18:12

who are you to decide what is important to other people or not? it may not be important to you, but some topics are important to others and they have the right to be as passionate and defensive as they want. you may not agree with them.

what you're saying is incredibly rude.

i'm not going to conform myself, nor is anyone going to conform themselves to what you regard as important and not important.

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 24 Jul 2015, 18:17

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
who are you to decide what is important to other people or not? it may not be important to you, but some topics are important to others and they have the right to be as passionate and defensive as they want. you may not agree with them.

If you think what you are starting stuff about is worth ruining the community, be my guest.

Sometimes you have to say rude things that most people won't say in order to get a point across, and help fix issues. You think that by just sitting quietly any problems got fixed? No.

i'm not going to conform myself, nor is anyone going to conform themselves to what you regard as important and not important.

It's not even what I find important. It's that this crap is literally beginning to tear apart the community. Do you want to see this site end up dead and gone, or worse than a bad subreddit?

my sons

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 24 Jul 2015, 18:51

1.i'm not ruining the community at all, so idk what you're talking about.

2. why are you complaining about other people being rude and "ruining" the community, but right now you're saying it's alright to be rude?? really???

boohoo, someone left. oh no. one person, out of about 30 active members.

oh nooo

whatever will we do

.. no

J3rdegree
FWG Mod

Postby J3rdegree » 24 Jul 2015, 18:51

Shadowstar1922 wrote:who are you to decide what is important to other people or not? it may not be important to you, but some topics are important to others and they have the right to be as passionate and defensive as they want. you may not agree with them.

..tbh that was way out of line... the chat HAS been increasingly negative and it's not just people with different opinions fighting (which should usually be moved to pm if it gets heated) Its the fact that people take some of the things as personal insults and get super harsh (like you just did there) and other people can get plain snarky and rude towards others for no reason. FWG is a place for all to be accepted, not to hate on each other.

-J3rd
Image FWG Award for Geekiest FWGr
and FWG Award for Best Bromance with mmm ;3

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 24 Jul 2015, 20:20

Shameless bump.http://fwgforum.com/fwg1/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21897
Bacon isn't saying you can't care about tumblr or techno nor is he being rude. He is rightfully concerned about how people present their opinions and how negative it can be.

Besides that, there's the general aura of negativity in chat that I would say certainly has improved recently, but is by no means absent.
Image For trying.

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 24 Jul 2015, 22:46

Shadowstar1922 wrote:1.i'm not ruining the community at all, so idk what you're talking about.

1a. By promoting this negativity, you are doing your part in ruining it.

2. why are you complaining about other people being rude and "ruining" the community, but right now you're saying it's alright to be rude?? really???

I never said rude in my initial post, don't twist my words.

boohoo, someone left. oh no. one person, out of about 30 active members.

There's far less active members. I do not qualify people who just jump on once in a blue moon as active. And still, what if that person was somebody you cared about, and now have no way of contacting them?

oh nooo

whatever will we do

.. no

my sons

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 24 Jul 2015, 22:57

Yes, we could definitely be more positive.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “Serious Discussion”