Police Brutality Thread

Talk about serious issues here!
The Dice Man
FWG Colonel

Re: Police Brutality Thread

Postby The Dice Man » 08 Aug 2015, 00:24

Excalibur wrote:I saw a cop patrolling my area, so I waved him down. After introducing myself I thanked him for his service,and he told me I made his day.

Let's remember that police r friends not enemies.

Thank you for your service as cm ex ;) x

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 08 Aug 2015, 01:34

Excalibur wrote:I saw a cop patrolling my area, so I waved him down. After introducing myself I thanked him for his service,and he told me I made his day.

Let's remember that police r friends not enemies.

wow this just changes everything. no more systemtic oprresion of the lower class and minorities, no more roling into cities with sniper rifles, firing squads, anti-mine tanks, actual tanks, and chemical weapons against people with nothing but their signs. no more kidnapping news journalists and kicking them out of the area, no more opression.

wow.

very insightful.

look ex when we talk about the corruption in government, it is pointless to bring in the few leaders or few people of the state that still do their job like they're suppose to do.

they are suppose to do their job right, that is why they are there. when they don't do their job right, they should be criticized, analyzed, and fired. it's not a special thing when you do the job you were trained to do correctly.

yeah is it hard? of course. is it the most dangerous out of all professions? not even close, according to the US Department of Labour and Statistics.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 08 Aug 2015, 02:16

Oh pls
"The feweople that do their job right"
Most people do their job right, if it wasn't this way you wouldn't be allowed to talk freely trust me.

Now are all cops good guys? No
Are all cops bad guys? Nope.
Is police brutality the biggest issue in America right now? Nope.
Can America function without crime and corrupt and/or violent cops? Nope.

That's what capitalism does and like it or not you probably have to and will roll with it

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 08 Aug 2015, 07:19

Shadowstar1922 wrote:over 300 people have died since 2015, making 1 or 2 deaths a day. That happens no where else in the democratic western capitalist world that we're apart of. We have a brutal police.

If in fact 300 people have died since the start of 2015 (source please, this does seem like a plausible number though I just want the source); you still have to ask the question, "how many of these were an act of police brutality, and how many were killed in situations that threatened the life of the police officer or those around the crime scene."

Is this number due to actual police brutality? Excessive force, mishandling of the injured when taken in, etc.
Or is this the result of an overly violent population?
Maybe it's a direct result from people being persuaded through social media to fight back against the police thereby endangering the police and themselves?
I want answers to these questions.

So yeah, 300 people may have died at the hands of police officers, but how many of these were actual acts of police brutality?

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 08 Aug 2015, 11:47

http://killedbypolice.net this website has a branch of numerous reporters who keep record of all those who have died from police. They keep up with local news (focus more on local news) and big news too. Some do not have names (the more recent ones) simply bc the investigation is still going under way and no one has reported their name. According to them, 700 people have died.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/0 ... -far-year/ This report was documented on July 1st, reported nearly 550 people dying from the police. So, from July 1st to August 7th, 150 people died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... r-in-2015/ ThinkProgress' report on July 10th nearly parallels ThinkProgress' report, specifying that 500 of the so far 550 of January 1st - July 1st were shot.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... d-killings The Guardian also confirms.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/10/8382457/po ... ngs-racism vox (a very good source who does amazing youtube videos of going around the world) explains further about race with charts. They took time to specifically analyze each case from Jan. 1st to the end of the month of July.

@Shadow00, police brutality is a big thing in America. It's one of our top issues. Stop talking because i doubt you follow up on it at all. These rates of brutality are one of the highest in the world. Every day 1-3 stories come out from cops beating, abusing (physically and emotionally) exploiting, cheating, and jailing innocent people who didn't do anything wrong. This is a problem. A big one.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 08 Aug 2015, 22:57

I agree with what Kings said - often, when you actually read into these stories, the 'victim' pulls a weapon on the officer and is thus shot. Granted, you do still get far too many occasions when this isn't the case, but it's not nearly as bad as that statistic would have you believe. Very rarely would a police officer shoot someone for literally no reason at all.

Cities like Detroit are obviously going to have people who will pull a weapon on a police officer - because they can get away with it. This is the kind of situation where the majority of those 300 shot by police will be shot. Admittedly it might be better to taser them etc. but wait till you get a gun pulled on you and lets see what you reach for first.

Maybe if we didn't culture the idea that the police are Satan's minions people wouldn't resist arrest? They wouldn't draw weapons on trained officers and get themselves shot?

Shadowstar1922 wrote:@Shadow00, police brutality is a big thing in America. It's one of our top issues. Stop talking because i doubt you follow up on it at all. These rates of brutality are one of the highest in the world. Every day 1-3 stories come out from cops beating, abusing (physically and emotionally) exploiting, cheating, and jailing innocent people who didn't do anything wrong. This is a problem. A big one.

You're deluded if you think this is a "top issue" in the United States. It's hardly like the country is going to fall apart because between 1 and 3 criminals are killed every day. The government isn't nearly as corrupt as you seem to think it is; only extremely high threat people and, occasionally, FBI/CIA whistleblowers are jailed without a fair trial and, as you see from the consequences of each news story like this, the officers who abuse their power are (mostly) sued, sacked and often have criminal cases brought against themselves.

I'll tell you what is a "top issue" in modern day America - crippling debt, lack of resources/unsustainable power, climate change/mass extinction of other species, cyber Cold Wars, WW3, Nuclear terrorism and pandemic. Aswell as the more sci-fi (but still very real) issues such as super-volcanoes, asteroid impacts, artificial intelligence and toxoplasma gondii (zombies - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii)

Police brutality is not, as is, a massive problem.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 09 Aug 2015, 01:57

Pretty much that. Police brutality is a big thing, for you. because thats mostly on the news you watch.
If you watched ONLY stock market news youd be all over the place about how about 7 generations of future americans are already in debt.

Sure this is the police brutality thread and all, but making it sound like the biggst problem US is facing? Maybe somewhere around its top 20.

I mean hey, youre probably getting trump for prez from what i hear, and youre worried over current police brutality? Kek.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 05 Oct 2015, 16:13

http://usuncut.com/news/video-shows-cop ... violation/

why would u assault someone for not wearing their seatbelt. what procedure dictates this? what training says this is what you do??

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 06 Oct 2015, 21:20

Shadowstar1922 wrote:http://usuncut.com/news/video-shows-cops-brutally-punching-unarmed-woman-for-a-seatbelt-violation/

why would u assault someone for not wearing their seatbelt. what procedure dictates this? what training says this is what you do??

Idk man maybe the guy really wants to hurt her now so he can save her life later.
Wear seatbelts. They save lives.

Return to “Serious Discussion”