Paris Attacks Kill 129, Injure 350+

Talk about serious issues here!
Angel
Human Overlord

Re: Paris Attacks Kill 129, Injure 350+

Postby Angel » 19 Nov 2015, 03:35

The Dice Man wrote:98% of this thread is\was people and their dumb opinions
Thanks, This very thoughtful opinion brought to you by Dice.

Right? All the "Serious Discussion" thread does is cause conflict.
We don't need a "Serious Discussion" thread on a gaming site, but whatever.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 19 Nov 2015, 04:21

Well its the only fun place for those looking to at least have some decent argument though, I mean chat and the re of the boards are way out of place for this, so.
After all it's not like you have to view the posts if you don't wanna

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 19 Nov 2015, 10:17

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 19 Nov 2015, 10:20

Angel wrote:

why don't we need a serious discussion on a gaming site? this sounds like like you don't want one bc you're probably personally offended by others opinions.

if we don't need a serious discussion for a gaming site, well why do we need personal topics like the one you have in general chat? or just general chat itself? how do any of those pertain to gaming? as far as i'm concerned the only forum this forum should have is the Gaming one. lets take all the other ones down!

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 19 Nov 2015, 14:39

Shadowstar1922 wrote:http://theantimedia.org/syrian-passports-found-at-paris-attacks-scene-confirmed-fake/

Oh dear would you look at that flob and hatty lads.
It seems that there indeed CANT be a person stupid enough to blow himself up with a passport.
Too bad you can't blame this on immigrants.

Now shall we all start blaming France for attacking a country that after all has NOTHING to do with this bombing? Except of the fact that ISIS is there ofcourse but that seems like a dumb reason since bombs mostly hit civilians anyways
I say yes.

Edit: Inb4 any kind of nitpicking.
In this topic about 1 page of argument was deleted, where I was bashed for defending my opinion that this is all propaganda by the French Prez so he could close down borders and take on more fascist actions.
So far, this proves me on the right. Conveniently finding that the bombers were supposedly immigrants so fast, when they were pretty much all French born and raised is at least a big overlook by the French police/investigation, and at the best case a biased opinion.

Don't let yourselves be propagated next time and try to actually think outside of national or cultural borders. The bigger picture is usually the uglier one.

NOW OFFTOPIC
As for Serious discussion itself. I agree 100% with what Shadowstar says.
So you dislike the fact that this exists on a gaming site, but we have
Anime forum
GD with a post your face topic with about 100+ pages on it.
Guy and girl chat with about some of the most useless things a gaming site would need
And yet serious discussion, a place where the most rhetoric peeps of this place can actually have a nice argument (most of the time) is the issue?
As it was mentioned above, if you are offended by any views, either grow up and face that other people have other views, or just ignore it if it's in some way against your beliefs.
(In the case that it is racist or anything of the sort, ofcourse you should bash that post, by all means-i had a whole topic deleted for making fun of some people's racist views on this site, was worth every second and whatever else I gave up for that)

But on other news, if you don't like someone's view on politics or whatever, well, either ignore or respect their opinion. OR even better, try to counter argue with a better view of things. But by no means just say "Oh this guy is dumb and I'll go and be salty now".
Back up your argument with facts, and when these get ignored wait for hard evidence. Much like what happened to this topic. <3
OFFTOPIC END

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 19 Nov 2015, 22:16

Shadow00 wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:http://theantimedia.org/syrian-passports-found-at-paris-attacks-scene-confirmed-fake/

Oh dear would you look at that flob and hatty lads.
It seems that there indeed CANT be a person stupid enough to blow himself up with a passport.
Too bad you can't blame this on immigrants.

Now shall we all start blaming France for attacking a country that after all has NOTHING to do with this bombing? Except of the fact that ISIS is there ofcourse but that seems like a dumb reason since bombs mostly hit civilians anyways
I say yes.

They were faked BY THE TERRORISTS. NOT BY THE FRENCH. JESUS.

They forged their passports! WHY is that so hard to understand? They may have been forged but they were still processed correctly, have records and were essentially used as a real passport just not the passport of someone who actually exists. They still entered through the refugee route from the Middle East through Turkey and Greece. The passports still survived their suicide vests.

I'm sure they WERE forged. No one on a watchlist of radicalized Jihadists who intends to commit an act of terror is going to go around using their real passport are they? They know full well that if they use their real passports they'll be strip searched and detained at the border.

Honestly if you'd asked me when this all happened, "d'you reckon they forged their passports and pretended to be refugees?" I'd have said hell yes. This changes nothing. Nothing at all.

As for the weapons bit, let me correct my flowchart:

Al-Qaeda supplies and trains them
|
V
They split and become ISIS, retaining some supplies. Various other supplies are either bought through black market arms dealing inside the Middle East or are seized from unclaimed US supply drops.
|
V
US weapons sold to Iraqi and Syrian militaries
|
V
Iraqi and Syrian militaries overthrown by ISIS
|
V
Either they are killed, captured or are forced to retreat, leaving bases vulnerable and containing whatever armaments were there
|
V
ISIS seizes what they have/uses what they leave behind. This has happened numerous times, including recently in Mosul when at least 2,300 vehicles were seized from the Iraqi military, and at the fall of Ramadi and Palmyra.

So basically since what I think you're getting at is where did they get their FIRST weapons, it's from Al-Qaeda/US airdrops/black market dealing/Gulf war. And it snowballed from there.

But hey at least I agree about the SD bit. The offensive parts were removed so it's not a big deal.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Connor
FWG Chat Mod

Postby Connor » 19 Nov 2015, 23:56

Stay on topic please and don't insult people or I'll lock the topic.

Only warning.

Thanks,
Connor
Om nom nom nom nom nom nom...

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 20 Nov 2015, 01:58

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Angel wrote:

why don't we need a serious discussion on a gaming site? this sounds like like you don't want one bc you're probably personally offended by others opinions.

if we don't need a serious discussion for a gaming site, well why do we need personal topics like the one you have in general chat? or just general chat itself? how do any of those pertain to gaming? as far as i'm concerned the only forum this forum should have is the Gaming one. lets take all the other ones down!

I rest my case.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 20 Nov 2015, 10:00

A nice retaliation, ALTHOUGH.
Quote:
"Officials denied, though, that a second attacker had taken a similar route, telling the Guardian there was “no indication whatsoever” that the assailant had entered Europe through Greece."

So that's 1 in 7 so far.

Flowchart looks much better but still, I don't see why on earth if your main problem with MY view on things is that I can't prove my points, why I should listen to your points since you can't actually prove any of them either.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 20 Nov 2015, 11:20

Shadow00 wrote:A nice retaliation, ALTHOUGH.
Quote:
"Officials denied, though, that a second attacker had taken a similar route, telling the Guardian there was “no indication whatsoever” that the assailant had entered Europe through Greece."

So that's 1 in 7 so far.

Flowchart looks much better but still, I don't see why on earth if your main problem with MY view on things is that I can't prove my points, why I should listen to your points since you can't actually prove any of them either.

lmao i was thinking the exact same thing too. its amazing how Europe is so quick to blame this on foreign terrorists when they were all born in Europe.

Return to “Serious Discussion”