'Multiple deaths' in California shooting

Talk about serious issues here!
Rainshard
FWG God

'Multiple deaths' in California shooting

Postby Rainshard » 02 Dec 2015, 20:45

Fire officials in San Bernardino said it was responding to a "20 victim shooting incident" and it was working to clear the scene.

ABC News reports that there are 12 people dead but police have not confirmed that number.
It is still a "very active scene" and police are trying to secure the building, said a police spokeswoman.

There may be up to three gunmen, she said, and they were heavily armed and possibly wearing body
armour.

A local reporter tweeted that people are being evacuated from the Inland Regional Center, a medical and health organisation.

The organisation administers help to people with disabilities like autism and other mental health problems.

The shooting is happening less than a week after a shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado left three people dead and nine people wounded.

People are being seen wheeled away on stretchers with medics and police officers in attendance.

No arrests have been made yet.

There are also unconfirmed reports of an explosive device at the scene.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: 'Multiple deaths' in California shooting

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 02 Dec 2015, 20:51

lol why did you put, "multiple deaths" in quotations as if it was a question if more than one person died.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 02 Dec 2015, 21:14

Shadowstar1922 wrote:lol why did you put, "multiple deaths" in quotations as if it was a question if more than one person died.

I copied the headline from BBC News.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 02 Dec 2015, 21:33

why are they doing this??? any idea?
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 02 Dec 2015, 22:25

Rainshard wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:lol why did you put, "multiple deaths" in quotations as if it was a question if more than one person died.

I copied the headline from BBC News.

well then i need a word with "BBC News".

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 03 Dec 2015, 00:17

FWG Leader wrote:why are they doing this??? any idea?

America is falling as I predicted?
Don't try, do.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 03 Dec 2015, 08:40

BluesDotEXE wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:why are they doing this??? any idea?

America is falling as I predicted?

Yeah. Because if you have a mass shooting then you might aswell close shop.
I think that there is not one really really important cause imo, but who knows, there might be.
They must've either flipped or something similar imo tho.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 03 Dec 2015, 18:00

my show choir competition nearly got canceled because of this...
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 04 Dec 2015, 21:06

looks like it may have been terrorism... :(

The FBI has declared the California massacre which killed 14 people was "an act of terrorism" but will not confirm widespread US media reports the female suspect had pledged allegiance to Islamic State (IS).

US media outlets are reporting that Tashfeen Malik, 27, posted a private message to herself on Facebook pledging her allegiance to the leader of the IS jihadist group Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi.

The post was later removed — it is not clear if the posting was made before or after the attack.

"We are looking into it," the assistant director of the FBI's LA office David Bowdich said.

"Based on the information and the facts as we know them, we are now investigating these horrific acts as an act of terrorism."

Malik and her husband, Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, were killed in a shootout with police hours after the Wednesday massacre during a holiday party at the Inland Regional Center social services agency in San Bernardino, about 1,000 kilometres east of Los Angeles.

Mr Bowdich said he was "not surprised" by reports the Aamaq news agency, which supports IS, said on its website that followers of the Islamist militant group had carried out Wednesday's attack, saying the group was known to try to "attach themselves" to acts of violence.

The couple's apartment has been opened by the landlord to US media, who have shown multiple pictures of personal photos as well as official IDs belong to the pair.

Mr Bowdich also said the FBI was examining crushed mobile phones found near the shooting scene and had established that there were "telephonic connections" between the couple and other people of interest in FBI probes.

"We have uncovered evidence that has led us to learn of extensive planning," Mr Bowdich said, confirming "some of the digital media was damaged".

Investigation extends to suspect's home country

Malik was a Pakistani citizen who had also lived in Saudi Arabia.

Pakistani intelligence has been assisting with the investigation, her family said.

"I only found out about this tragedy today when some intelligence officials contacted me to ask me about my links with Tashfeen," Malik's uncle Javed Rabbani said.

"I had heard in the news that this tragedy had taken place but I could never even imagine that it would be someone from my family. Of course, we are in shock."

He said his brother, Malik's father, had become considerably more conservative since moving with his family to Saudi Arabia about 25 years ago.

Malik had not come to the attention of authorities while living in Saudi Arabia, according to a source close to the Saudi government.

She had moved back to Pakistan five or six years ago to study pharmacy, Pakistani officials said.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Dec 2015, 23:28

maybe a quote from somebody on the police force idk man
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “Serious Discussion”