World leaders all excited about their greenhouse gas deal

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

World leaders all excited about their greenhouse gas deal

Postby Dr Frook » 13 Dec 2015, 21:21

BUT DID THEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE TRUE CULPRIT? THE COWS AND METHANE!

People need to remember - HALF of all food grown on earth is used to feed livestock. HALF!

Not only do they produce methane gas, but they use up a lot of resources to grow them, which in turns produces OTHER greenhouse gases.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: World leaders all excited about their greenhouse gas deal

Postby Dr Frook » 15 Dec 2015, 00:08

we're all doomed and no one cares?

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 15 Dec 2015, 00:11

FWG Leader wrote:we're all doomed and no one cares?

We're doomed...
Don't try, do.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 15 Dec 2015, 04:44

Well, whatever makes them seem better public wise tbh

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 15 Dec 2015, 14:07

cows make up a lot of that due to the industrial revolution's massive boom in population. bigger population means bigger cow population. cut population down a lot and we'll need less food.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 15 Dec 2015, 23:16

Tbh I do believe that we should have either some mass pandemic soon, or some real cool war to manage the resources and population issues.
You do understand that mankind has grown by about 100% in the last 40 years alone right?
And 40 years ago it was still pushing the limits of sustainability.
Genocide incoming

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 16 Dec 2015, 03:05

Shadow00 wrote:Tbh I do believe that we should have either some mass pandemic soon, or some real cool war to manage the resources and population issues.
You do understand that mankind has grown by about 100% in the last 40 years alone right?
Genocide incoming

no, not needed. Humanity just needs to have a major attitude change and some tech developments. If we grow our meat in factories (not on farms) then we use something like 99% less resources and energy (the tech has been developed). In addition, there is the added benefit that animals are not being grown to be slaughtered (appeasing the vegetarians out there who oppose eating meat on animal cruelty grounds).

Also, if we stop eating farm animals, then 1/2 of all the crops grown are no longer needed to feed farm animals - which means a lot of land will no longer be needed for farming and can be put back to use as forests and other nature reserves etc - giving us great carbon sinks and cleaning the environment all at the same time.

as far as the impacts from industry and the energy sector go, they will be far less important if we simply shift our farming practices over. The earth would no longer heat up and we would be fine until the next crisis comes along.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 16 Dec 2015, 21:59

FWG Leader wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:Tbh I do believe that we should have either some mass pandemic soon, or some real cool war to manage the resources and population issues.
Genocide incoming

no, not needed. Humanity just needs to have a major attitude change and some tech developments. If we grow our meat in factories (not on farms) then we use something like 99% less resources and energy (the tech has been developed). In addition, there is the added benefit that animals are not being grown to be slaughtered (appeasing the vegetarians out there who oppose eating meat on animal cruelty grounds).

Also, if we stop eating farm animals, then 1/2 of all the crops grown are no longer needed to feed farm animals - which means a lot of land will no longer be needed for farming and can be put back to use as forests and other nature reserves etc - giving us great carbon sinks and cleaning the environment all at the same time.

as far as the impacts from industry and the energy sector go, they will be far less important if we simply shift our farming practices over. The earth would no longer heat up and we would be fine until the next crisis comes along.

Farmers are stubborn buggers. They wont do this.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 16 Dec 2015, 22:31

the farmers will be bypassed. Once the meat factories open, there will be no demand for live farm animals and their slaughter. It will turn the world upside down for a while, but in the end the world will be a happier place.

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 16 Dec 2015, 23:05

FWG Leader wrote:the farmers will be bypassed. Once the meat factories open, there will be no demand for live farm animals and their slaughter. It will turn the world upside down for a while, but in the end the world will be a happier place.

Frook is the only one who knows everything wrong with america that can be fixed. All in favor of #FrookForPresident2K16?
Don't try, do.

Return to “Serious Discussion”