Russian airstrikes killing civilians in Syria

Talk about serious issues here!
Flobalob
FWG Mod

Re: Russian airstrikes killing civilians in Syria

Postby Flobalob » 26 Dec 2015, 14:26

Shadow00 wrote:Actually senor flob, a pilot has to do pretty much NOTHING.
Although it might seem complex, im certain, wind resistance, speed, wind velocity and direction, aswell as height are all calculatef by a computer far more potent than your average joe, who only has a timer pretty much ahead of him and only needs to press the red button when that hits 0.
I dont argue, most military men arent particularly smart. But that doesnt seem too hard even if that's the case dont you think?

Not impressed really.

Although you should consider the numbers. 30,000 bombs.
Even if HALF of them hit ISIS bases, or even stakeouts or whatever,you should expect them to do something, no?
Weeeeell, ill just go ahead and keep suggesting ISIS isnt the target, do let me know when the evidence actually starts to make sense to ya.

Just because you have around 100 CONFIRMED stories of people being hit, doesnt mean youve only hit 100 people btw.
Although i suppose the govt. covering up the civilian casualties they cause in the middle east on purpose doesnt really sound like something the US would do, certainly.

Yes, of course a Pilot has technology to help them. Bombsights have been around since WW1, and yet no one succeeded in implementing precision bombing until recently. Why do you think that is? Because it's not perfect and because it is still hard to do.

Please Shad, I beg you to go and become a fighter pilot. I beg you. If you would even pass selection, that is. You need a Bachelor's Degree (preferably in a "scientific" field) to become a Pilot in the US Air Force btw, so unless your local uni dishes degrees out willy-nilly then I'm pretty sure your thinking is a bit flawed, is it not? I'm not sure about the requirements for the Hellenic Air Force, personally. Check that out and go become a Pilot if you so wish.

As for air strikes not doing anything, here's an article from last night. Note the top leader of Jaysh al-Islam and his deputies, and the fact that they're dead. Jaysh al-Islam might not be a group we want dead but my point stands that things are happening.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 26 Dec 2015, 17:27

I doubt there are any requirements to becoming a Greek pilot in the air force here, the army seems too dumb for there to be any selections tbh.
Well yes, you killed a leader of a group that wasn't the target.
That's my point. You're not HITTING the right targets.
Things are happening but not nearly enough and not nearly fast enough.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 26 Dec 2015, 17:40

Shadow00 wrote:I doubt there are any requirements to becoming a Greek pilot in the air force here, the army seems too dumb for there to be any selections tbh.

I didn't kill anyone. The UK nor the US didn't kill him. Either the Russians or the Syrians did.

Your point was that the strikes aren't doing anything, when clearly they are (even if it's not the right targets [although both the Syrians and Russians are fighting the rebels and would intentionally kill him]).

If it weren't for the opposition being posed by the everyone, by the rebels, the Government, the US, the Russians, the French, the UK.. If it weren't for that, ISIS would have swept through the middle east by now. They could be fighting the Russians in Ukraine right now if it weren't for all the opposition being posed.

I agree that not enough is being done to defeat ISIS, but at the moment we're not trying to entirely obliterate them by ourselves. Everyone knows that can't be done simply from the air. We need boots on the ground in order to do that, and the rebels/Government are our boots on the ground right now because the West is too scared to get fully involved in a foreign civil war. You know why they're too scared? Because every time they do it - Think Afghanistan, think Gulf Wars - they get slated for getting too involved in a fight that is not theirs. It's a difficult balance of involvement for a Government to achieve.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 26 Dec 2015, 22:55

You'd be surprised how easily and successfully ISIS can forever disappear with the right timing.
Just wait for a terrorist attack in US. Should be simple then.

GarthVader449
FWG Duke

Postby GarthVader449 » 27 Dec 2015, 16:42

Flobalob wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:I doubt there are any requirements to becoming a Greek pilot in the air force here, the army seems too dumb for there to be any selections tbh.

I didn't kill anyone. The UK nor the US didn't kill him. Either the Russians or the Syrians did.

Your point was that the strikes aren't doing anything, when clearly they are (even if it's not the right targets [although both the Syrians and Russians are fighting the rebels and would intentionally kill him]).

If it weren't for the opposition being posed by the everyone, by the rebels, the Government, the US, the Russians, the French, the UK.. If it weren't for that, ISIS would have swept through the middle east by now. They could be fighting the Russians in Ukraine right now if it weren't for all the opposition being posed.

I agree that not enough is being done to defeat ISIS, but at the moment we're not trying to entirely obliterate them by ourselves. Everyone knows that can't be done simply from the air. We need boots on the ground in order to do that, and the rebels/Government are our boots on the ground right now because the West is too scared to get fully involved in a foreign civil war. You know why they're too scared? Because every time they do it - Think Afghanistan, think Gulf Wars - they get slated for getting too involved in a fight that is not theirs. It's a difficult balance of involvement for a Government to achieve.

Couldn't agree more...
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''

Return to “Serious Discussion”