Ghostbusters 2016

Talk about serious issues here!
Shadow00

Ghostbusters 2016

Postby Shadow00 » 01 May 2016, 03:04

http://screencrush.com/ghostbusters-trailer-most-disliked-movie-trailer-in-history/

Inb4 "why serious discussion about a mocie trailer"- I'm going to discuss pretty much what political correctness has become in this thread, and why it is the worst thing of the 21st century (or soon going to become)

Far as I am concerned, i dont really care about what goes on in the world, until it started affecting movies.
You can see from the link above the backlash for the new ghostbusters movie is extreme so far.

Now ive seen a LOT of sites disregard that as misogyny
And here comes an interesting double standard.

See, at least in my humble opinion, and (perhaps arrogantly) believing ive seen more movies than anyone else in this forum, let alone studied cinema, when I believe a movie is BAD, it has to do with 3 main things:

1) Acting
2) Writing
3) Cinematography

Now there are movies that are TOO focused on being politically correct, that they are throwing correct casting and script out of the window (thankfully, cinematography has nothing to do with the actors)

For example, the recent "Remake" of Birth of a Nation.
Doubting most of you saw this movie, and even less have seen the oeiginal let me give you a quick recap:
Original movie: terribly racist but a masterpiece by every other measure.
Recent movie: politically correct, terrible movie.

To my eyes, i do NOT care if the movie is racist, sexist, ungodly, hateful, spiteful or anything else AS LONG AS it is a good movie.
I can enjoy Alien and terminator alike, one having a female lead the other having a male lead.

What most people seem to think though, is that the movie is attracting hate because it's "feminist" or "multicultural" or that necessarily all the people that hate it hate women or blacks or whatever (i dont argue , some of them do)

What people fail to understand, is their movie failing because it is actually BAD. because they focus on being so politically correct that they lose all focus on what truly matters in a movie.

And that, ofcourse, is a direct result of the nature of this century.
You cant hate on a movie if the director is a woman, cause thats misogynistic.
You cant hate on a movie if it is about black slavery, because
thats racist.
Recent movies like London has fallen are getting literally laughed upon because the terrorists were middle eastern (well, that one was bad indeed but for other reasons)
The world has become so afraid of coming off as politically incorrect that they bash at anything if it crosses the line of political corectness.
Imagine for example this being the situation when Salo came out.
It is the most politically incorrect film I've watched, AND the best satire of fascism that exists to date. If it were made today, the script wouldnt even get funded, let alone the movie.

That being said, if good movies are being killed for the sake of not disturbing some minority, i can only imagine what the rest of the world is coming to for the sake of fearing to anger that one LGBTQIA in your neighbourhood

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: Ghostbusters 2016

Postby Dr Frook » 01 May 2016, 07:37

They should have left good enough alone. Making another ghostbusters will be a bust.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

The Dice Man
FWG Colonel

Postby The Dice Man » 01 May 2016, 23:32

Dr Frook wrote:They should have left good enough alone. Making another ghostbusters will be a bust.

that's a huge thing as well to do with this movie
a HUGE portion of ghost buster fans that will be looking at the trailer DO NOT want another movie at all and think it should be left alone

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 03 May 2016, 14:04

female ghostbusters concept: a+ sounds great what a good idea
female ghostbusters movie: .. maybe not lol
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Return to “Serious Discussion”