Too many humans

Talk about serious issues here!
Shadow00

Re: Too many humans

Postby Shadow00 » 29 May 2016, 14:07

I have posted this in the past, and will post it again.
Overall subject may have changed, but this is 100% the brutal truth (watch all of it, its actually worth it)
https://youtu.be/eOykY2SMbZ0

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 30 May 2016, 08:45

Shadow00 wrote:I have posted this in the past, and will post it again.
Overall subject may have changed, but this is 100% the brutal truth (watch all of it, its actually worth it)

Give a tl;dw, just to summarise and make up for my disinterest on this subject, of the relevant parts to the topic.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 30 May 2016, 11:14

im all for ethnic cleansing
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 31 May 2016, 00:08

Zia- wrote:im all for ethnic cleansing

too many zia's if u ask me...

anyway, humanity is heading towards a cataclysmic population drop... happens with all species as they exceed the carrying capacity of the area they live in...
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 31 May 2016, 16:30

Dr Frook wrote:
Zia- wrote:im all for ethnic cleansing

too many zia's if u ask me...

anyway, humanity is heading towards a cataclysmic population drop... happens with all species as they exceed the carrying capacity of the area they live in...

Or what can be observed below will happen, and will happen for the conceivable future.

Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 31 May 2016, 16:40

The Divine Potato wrote:

Give a tl;dw, just to summarise and make up for my disinterest on this subject, of the relevant parts to the topic.

Ok then

Tl;dw
a lot of people need to die, otherwise all of the people will live worse off and then die.
Also proven via scientific algorithms.
Edit:
You can already see this happening in the following countries where there exist a LOT more births than deaths:
China
India

Both countries have an elite, and about a billion+ other people living on the verge of death, instead of having say 500 million less people and the other 500 million living in far better conditions

You can act as any dumb person would and simply say thats nonesense, or you can actually watch the video and find out that that is how things will play out, and have been playing out really for the better part of the last century.

alone555
FWG Commoner

Postby alone555 » 26 Jun 2016, 06:20

we need more killers 8-)
Look down at others :evil: =lack of moral cultivation :(

alone555
FWG Commoner

Postby alone555 » 26 Jun 2016, 06:24

but if the population of human is increasing,one day human will be facing problems: lack of food,space water and so on .
And maybe human will kill each others to get these.
WE ONLY GET OURSELVES KILLED IN THE END.
Look down at others :evil: =lack of moral cultivation :(

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 27 Jun 2016, 18:46

alone555 wrote:but if the population of human is increasing,one day human will be facing problems: lack of food,space water and so on .
And maybe human will kill each others to get these.
WE ONLY GET OURSELVES KILLED IN THE END.

The trick is, is that we will always expend to meet the demands of our people. As it stands now we produce more than enough food to feed everyone in the world. The reason people still go hungry is because of money.
If a crisis came about we would adapt. That's why we're here. That's why we're the dominant species. Food, we have means of creating food more efficiently and in larger scale. We can actually create space to live on. An example of this is Japan, space there is very limited so they build up and down. basement levels and higher floors. There's also an artificial island or something of in Japan. They literally created land.
As for Water, we're working on means to meet our water needs. This will lead to advances in desalinization technology and other methods of getting fresh water.
The point is overpopulation isn't too much of a concern for the human race as a whole. In smaller areas where the economy cannot sustain it's an issue. In the future though we may reach a point in time where the population levels off but unless a massive catastrophic event occurs, I don't think we'll see a massive die-off of humans.

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 27 Jun 2016, 18:51

Shadow00 wrote:
The Divine Potato wrote:

Ok then

Tl;dw
a lot of people need to die, otherwise all of the people will live worse off and then die.
Also proven via scientific algorithms.
Edit:
You can already see this happening in the following countries where there exist a LOT more births than deaths:
China
India

Both countries have an elite, and about a billion+ other people living on the verge of death, instead of having say 500 million less people and the other 500 million living in far better conditions

You can act as any dumb person would and simply say thats nonesense, or you can actually watch the video and find out that that is how things will play out, and have been playing out really for the better part of the last century.

You assume that the living conditions of the 500 million people that aren't there would be evenly distributed among the other 500 million people. Zipfs law would almost certainly still take place and the gap between the elite and the now half million would still be proportional to that of each other. Basically what I'm saying is that with Zipfian distribution, the top 20% would receive 80% of the benefits of the 500 million nonexistent people.

Return to “Serious Discussion”