BREXIT [UK users]

Talk about serious issues here!
Excalibur
King of the Texans!

BREXIT [UK users]

Postby Excalibur » 21 Jun 2016, 03:39

So I know a lot of u r from the UK, and I wanted to hear if u r for BREXIT or not? Are ur parents going to vote? If so for or against? Also do u like UKIP?

Also if there r other Europeans, I'd like to know ur perspective too!
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Re: BREXIT [UK users]

Postby Flobalob » 21 Jun 2016, 12:15

From the Trump thread when Shad asked me:
Flobalob wrote:Honestly, it's way too close to tell. Opinion polls seem to suggest the younger generation, who generally believe we should remain in the EU, tend to have a lower turnout, whilst the older generation is the complete opposite. For that reason I can see a vote to leave going through, but then again opinion polls also told us we'd have a Labour government this time around and it was a complete landslide Conservative victory.

I'll personally be voting to leave because as much as I've always been an advocate of a single European Union and a move towards a unified humanity, the EU hasn't worked. It's been overtaken by bureaucracy and I just generally think a half-in-half-out kind of deal really doesn't work; it needs to be all or nothing. If the EU is going to work I think it actually needs to be a single country rather than a collection of them but since that isn't going to happen, I'd prefer a return to the UK's sovereignty.

Ultimately, we're one of three countries (UK, Germany, France) that puts more in than they get out and we're losing billions a year from it, so I'm all for taking the leap. Not to be cocky, but I feel like as one of the two biggest superpowers in Europe we can absolutely afford to leave the EU whilst still hogging all the benefits. The EU needs us, and we can take advantage of that. Although, we'll be massively missing out on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.

Mostly I just feel like nothing big has happened in a while and I want something exciting to happen, but then again I also don't want to agree with Trump because he says we should leave too.

I'm actually being paid to be a Counting Officer on 23rd June so I'll have a good idea a couple hours before everyone else. #InsiderKnowledge

My parents are typical UK oldies - Leave, UKIP and borderline racist. 'nuff said.

On UKIP: As taboo as it is in my hometown (an extremely ethnically diverse Labour stronghold in Conservative South-East England), I actually strongly agree with UKIP's policies. I would vote for them if I thought they could actually get in, but in the last election they were just about outsiders and I didn't want to waste my vote. I've taken (very long) policy quizzes and always come out as UKIP simply because their beliefs are the most realistic and the most suitable for the UK, rather than the idealistic Green party, useless Lib Dem or straight-up-lying Con/Lab.

HOWEVER, their methods make them appear racist to some, and now that's pretty much become a popular public opinion of them, particularly amongst Labour supporters. Most people don't actually take the time to look at their policies and what would be the best for the UK and instead just think "no, they're the racist ones right?".

TL;DR: I'm voting out mostly for a laugh, my parents hate the EU and I agree with UKIP's policies but not their methods.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 21 Jun 2016, 13:11

Whoever decided to name one of the most complex and uncertain votes in an incredibly long time "Brexit" deserves a place in hell.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 22 Jun 2016, 20:26

Well, you might actually pull a Grexit, and get cucked to remain in the EU even after voting No.

I am quite certain most people will disagree on this being even a possibility, but the EU is a tyrranical state of affairs, and either most governments abandon ship, or none.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 22 Jun 2016, 21:34

Whatever happens, nothing will happen overnight. It will take years for consequences to be seen.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 24 Jun 2016, 03:20

Well, the madmen actually voted for leave it seems (ahead 500k votes right mow), and the british pound is taking uber freefall, cameron is set to A)meet with EU in less than a week and B) (hopefully) gtfo after that, as i hear.

Return to “Serious Discussion”