Ireland's Brutal Anti-Speeding Ad

Talk about serious issues here!
The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Ireland's Brutal Anti-Speeding Ad

Postby The Divine Potato » 04 Jul 2016, 12:56

Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Re: Ireland's Brutal Anti-Speeding Ad

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 05 Jul 2016, 10:47

You actually don't understand how dumb and bizarre these ads can be. Just a few I can think of off the top of my head is where one was a man and his child with someone recording, the girl with her hands over her eyes and the man gets on the motorcycle, when the girl opens her eyes both the man and motorcycle disappeared as she looks around for him.

Another is this guy driving to work and he crashes or something, and as he's crashing we see his hand reaching out to what I assume is his family members (his wife, sister, baby, etc, most likely his life flashing before his eyes) before returning to what's actually happening, his car is flipped over on the road and he's dead. They are really bizarre and creepy.
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 05 Jul 2016, 12:07

Leprechaun Lukia wrote:You actually don't understand how dumb and bizarre these ads can be. Just a few I can think of off the top of my head is where one was a man and his child with someone recording, the girl with her hands over her eyes and the man gets on the motorcycle, when the girl opens her eyes both the man and motorcycle disappeared as she looks around for him.

Another is this guy driving to work and he crashes or something, and as he's crashing we see his hand reaching out to what I assume is his family members (his wife, sister, baby, etc, most likely his life flashing before his eyes) before returning to what's actually happening, his car is flipped over on the road and he's dead. They are really bizarre and creepy.

Why do I feel like there are a few Irish stereotypes which can point to this speeding problem that Ireland seems to have?
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Avereeni
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby Avereeni » 05 Jul 2016, 13:17

man, PSAs like this go around just about anywhere in any country, in fact i watched several PSAs from usa and canada specifically (and there are ones from australia and europe and all) and some of them are the downright creepiest/bizarre/even saddening sometimes

like damn

here's one just below the spoiler tag (be warned for it is somewhat graphic, and is not for the faint-hearted)

now playing: the first four notes of megalovania

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 05 Jul 2016, 14:23

I've seen a lot of these. This one was interesting. It was a lot more upfront than the others. More comedic in a way (the noise at 0:44).

I remember there was a road safety organisation called THINK. They went from PSA videos like this:

To stuff like this:

It was weird.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 08 Jul 2016, 04:35

Pretty much lmao'd at 0:40 onwards.

Also, GnR should sue for their song being butchered like this.

Return to “Serious Discussion”