Postby Shadow00 » 15 Jul 2016, 06:30

~80 dead for now, got mowed by a truck
Updates as they come

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: Some Death Toll in france

Postby Rainshard » 15 Jul 2016, 15:30

Apparent terrorism?

Really shitty situation for all involved.

Apart from the woman I heard in an interview with Sky News on TV who said it ruined her shopping trip. What even.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 15 Jul 2016, 18:33

You really cant stop terrorist attacks when weapons like a truck are obtained this easily
England ban them pls for safety measures etc

On other news, the guy was probably a terrorist, yeah, and well, you know, the videos of the event are getting butchered on the web, but from what iveit seems he looked like middle eastern(?) Ive also heard he is from tunesia or what thats called

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 15 Jul 2016, 22:10

Shadow00 wrote:You really cant stop terrorist attacks when weapons like a truck are obtained this easily

On other news, the guy was probably a terrorist, yeah, and well, you know, the videos of the event are getting butchered on the web, but from what iveit seems he looked like middle eastern(?) Ive also heard he is from tunesia or what thats called

Yes, he was confirmed earlier today to be Tunisian
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 16 Jul 2016, 02:01

Shadow00 wrote:You really cant stop terrorist attacks when weapons like a truck are obtained this easily

Actually..

But most commonly, these types of barriers that can be raised during public events but lowered for normal road access. These would've stopped that lorry no problem, you often see them in these kinds of places during public events. I believe they're outside the stock exchange too.

There's also many different "portable" barriers that can be pretty easily installed before a major gathering. I'm actually surprised that they weren't in place in Nice.

Lots of places also now employ a deliberate chicane every now and then so that an attacker can't plow straight through a crowd.

Also, I think French police might need some training. There are bullet holes everywhere on the lorry's windscreen except in front of the driver's seat. I can only assume that they were shooting from the sides of the lorry.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 16 Jul 2016, 11:09

Flobalob wrote:

Actually..

But most commonly, these types of barriers that can be raised during public events but lowered for normal road access. These would've stopped that lorry no problem, you often see them in these kinds of places during public events. I believe they're outside the stock exchange too.

There's also many different "portable" barriers that can be pretty easily installed before a major gathering. I'm actually surprised that they weren't in place in Nice.

Lots of places also now employ a deliberate chicane every now and then so that an attacker can't plow straight through a crowd.

Also, I think French police might need some training. There are bullet holes everywhere on the lorry's windscreen except in front of the driver's seat. I can only assume that they were shooting from the sides of the lorry.

Lad it is OBVIOUS they were shooting from the side under angle
Who the hell stands in front of a speeding truck
Except of like, a massive crowd

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 16 Jul 2016, 12:34

Shadow00 wrote:Lad it is OBVIOUS they were shooting from the side under angle
Who the hell stands in front of a speeding truck
Except of like, a massive crowd

Most of the shooting was done when the lorry was stationary, they were using trees further down the road as cover, so these guys deffo need some shooting practice but the ones who actually shot him were shooting through the side windows.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Return to “Serious Discussion”