Yet another shooting in Europe

Talk about serious issues here!
Rainshard
FWG God

Yet another shooting in Europe

Postby Rainshard » 22 Jul 2016, 20:07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36870874

German police are engaged in a huge anti-terror manhunt in the city of Munich after six people died in a shopping mall shooting.
Police confirmed six deaths at the Olympia mall and several wounded.
The attackers are still on the run. Witnesses said they had seen three with guns. Police urged people to avoid public places.
Shop workers are still in the mall, in the north-western Moosach district. Public transport has been suspended.
Police are now describing it as "an acute terror situation". They say the first reports of a shooting in Hanauer Street came in just before 18:00 (16:00 GMT).
The Bavarian capital's central railway station has been evacuated.
People stranded by the emergency and unable to get home are being offered shelter by locals. The initiative was launched with the Twitter hashtag #Offenetür (open door).
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Re: Yet another shooting in Europe

Postby BluesDotEXE » 22 Jul 2016, 20:11

*sigh*
Don't try, do.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Jul 2016, 20:36

yeah... I bet germany is now glad it brought in so many disgruntled immigrants from the middle east.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Jul 2016, 20:39

At least six people have been killed in a shooting rampage in a Munich shopping centre that police have described as a suspected terror attack, with three armed suspects still at large.

Key points:
•Police warn of "acute terror" situation, say attacker or attackers still believed to be at large
•Unknown number of people also reported to be gravely injured
•Main train station evacuated, metro and bus transport suspended

Police warned of an "acute terror" situation in the southern German city, which saw panicked shoppers fleeing the mall as armed police roamed the streets on the hunt for the attackers.

"We suspect terrorism," a Munich police spokesman said.

The attack began shortly before 4:00pm (2:00am AEST) at a McDonald's restaurant and continued on a nearby street before the gunmen moved into the shopping centre, a police spokeswoman said.

"We believe we are dealing with a shooting rampage," she added.

"The attacker, or several attackers, are apparently still at large."

An unknown number of people are also reported to be gravely injured.

A video posted on social media appeared to show a man dressed in black walking away from the McDonald's while firing repeatedly on people as they fled.

Munich's main train station has been evacuated and metro and bus transport in the city suspended, officials said.

Police evacuate people from the shopping mall in Munich.

The OEZ mall near the southern German city's Olympic stadium was surrounded by armed police after shots were fired, while a helicopter buzzed overhead.

"Many shots were fired — I can't say how many but it's been a lot," said a shop worker hiding in a store room inside the mall.

"There is a major police operation under way in the shopping centre," Munich police said on Twitter, urging people to avoid the area.

A police helicopter patrols over a shopping mall following a shooting.
Photo: A police helicopter patrols over the shopping mall. (AFP: Matthias Balk)

Emergency vehicles were seen in the streets outside, as shoppers rushed away from the mall, some carrying children in their arms.

There is still no information about the possible motives of the attack.

Authorities have told people to stay in their homes or, if outside, to seek shelter indoors while the emergency situation remains ongoing.

Europe has been on alert for terrorism in the wake of a string of attacks including bombings in neighbouring France and Belgium.

The shooting comes just days after a teenage asylum seeker went on the rampage with an axe and a knife on a regional train in Germany, injuring five people.

It also follows a truck attack in the French Riviera city of Nice after Bastille Day fireworks last week that left 84 people dead.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 22 Jul 2016, 23:24

And this is why immigration with no control at all sucks, lads

Dont expect happenings to stop, youll see at least 1 like this per 2 weeks, if not many more

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 22 Jul 2016, 23:27

Okay I know it's not a credible source, but on Reddit I read something about the shooter(s) not being Muslim and yelling something about foreigners before firing.

Either way, it's too soon to be placing blame on any group as there isn't enough information yet.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 22 Jul 2016, 23:58

Rainshard wrote:Okay I know it's not a credible source, but on Reddit I read something about the shooter(s) not being Muslim and yelling something about foreigners before firing.

Either way, it's too soon to be placing blame on any group as there isn't enough information yet.

Munich police released the fact that the shooters have islamic background
Reddit isnt a credible spurce of anything, its just a tryhard liberal site for the most part
Its pretty much the 4chan of left winged people

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 23 Jul 2016, 00:21

Shadow00 wrote:
Rainshard wrote:Okay I know it's not a credible source, but on Reddit I read something about the shooter(s) not being Muslim and yelling something about foreigners before firing.

Munich police released the fact that the shooters have islamic background
Reddit isnt a credible spurce of anything, its just a tryhard liberal site for the most part
Its pretty much the 4chan of left winged people

At least everyone on Reddit isn't a complete conspiracy theorist dick like on 4chan tho..

But yeah, it looks likely that it was an Islamist attack. Various reports of "Allahu Akhbar".
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Annakall2013
FWG King

Postby Annakall2013 » 23 Jul 2016, 09:19

I feel bad for Europeans. Benelux, Germany and France. So many attacks in just 1 week, they had the attack in France, and the train attack in Germany, and now this.
Anyone else noticed how crazy this year has been??
Brexit, and all the terror attacks and the chance trump could actually win
http://www.buzzfeed.com/genamourbarrett/tweets-that-perfectly-sum-up-2016-so-far?utm_term=.otN14gB7G#.ekZJyRlB2
Honey, I have heels higher then your standards <3
#FwgDramaQueen2015

stesan
FWG peasant

Postby stesan » 24 Jul 2016, 02:55

Speaking at a press conference in the southern German city Saturday, police officials said the 18-year-old lone attacker -- who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound -- had no political motivations, and no references to religion had been found in documents in his home.
Rather, investigators searching his belongings found numerous documents on rampage killings, including a book entitled "Rampage in My Mind -- Why Students Kill," said Robert Heimberger, president of the Bavarian State Criminal Police Office.

Return to “Serious Discussion”