Trump 'an unwitting agent' of Russia: ex-CIA official

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Trump 'an unwitting agent' of Russia: ex-CIA official

Postby Dr Frook » 05 Aug 2016, 22:58

Yep, I always knew it... poor trumpy

A former top CIA official has attacked Donald Trump as a danger to national security, saying President Vladimir Putin had made the Republican presidential candidate an "unwitting agent" of Russia.

Key points:
•Ex-CIA chief Morell says Putin used skills from his past as an intelligence officer
•Trump responded "as Putin calculated" he says
•Morell says Trump's Muslim ban undermines security, citing key CIA counterterrorism chiefs as Muslim

Mr Putin had flattered Mr Trump into supporting positions favourable to Russia, Michael Morell, a longtime CIA officer and former deputy director of the agency, said in an opinion piece in The New York Times.

"In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr Putin had recruited Mr Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation," Mr Morell said.

In the article, Mr Morell said his assertion led him to endorse Mr Trump's rival Democrat Hillary Clinton in the November 8 election.

Mr Morell did not provide evidence for his assertion, but he said Mr Putin had used skills from his past as an intelligence officer to identify and exploit vulnerabilities in an individual.

"That is exactly what he did early in the primaries. Mr Putin played upon Mr Trump's vulnerabilities by complimenting him. He responded just as Mr Putin had calculated," Mr Morell wrote.

Mr Trump's campaign dismissed Mr Morell's criticism, linking the ex-CIA officer to the Obama administration's public response after the September 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

"Count how many reporters will tweet today that Michael Morell lied for #CrookedHillary to cover up Benghazi," Mr Trump's campaign said in a Twitter message.

'Muslims play critical role protecting country': Morell

Mr Morell is currently affiliated with Beacon Global Strategies, a consulting firm with ties to senior Democrats with national security expertise, including former defence secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta and former top Clinton aide Philippe Reines.

What is Donald Trump doing?

We all know The Donald can be a little volatile but his recent behaviour has bordered on bizarre, even by his own very broad standards.
Mr Trump's vice presidential running mate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, also dismissed Mr Morell's comments, saying that "standing up to Russian aggression is going to be really different under a Trump-Pence administration".

"These people are playing politics," Mr Pence said of Mr Morell in an interview on NBC's Today program.

Mr Morell's article, in which he also said Mr Trump had undermined US security with his campaign proposal to combat terrorism by imposing a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country, added to questions raised by some national security experts about the New York businessman's qualifications to be president.

"Many Muslim Americans play critical roles in protecting our country, including the man, whom I cannot identify, who ran the CIA's Counterterrorism Centre for nearly a decade and who I believe is most responsible for keeping America safe since the September 11 attacks," he wrote.

"My training as an intelligence officer taught me to call it as I see it. This is what I did for the CIA. This is what I am doing now. Our nation will be much safer with Hillary Clinton as president."
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: Trump 'an unwitting agent' of Russia: ex-CIA official

Postby The Divine Potato » 06 Aug 2016, 00:09

Well it's a party in the CIA
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 06 Aug 2016, 08:28

The Divine Potato wrote:Well it's a party in the CIA

SO I PUT MY HANDS UP
THEY'RE PLAYING MY SONG.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 07 Aug 2016, 08:09

I think the republicans must be pooping in their pants...

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 09 Aug 2016, 01:51

happy to see a lot of republicans denouncing the freak...

Return to “Serious Discussion”