9/11

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

9/11

Postby Dr Frook » 10 Sep 2016, 21:33

It's been 15 years since this happened. Time to remember the horror it caused on the day, and of course the horror it has caused ever since with the middle east and other countries having their own 9/11 ever since and in some cases, every day.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Pedobear
Ruler of Awesomeness

Re: 9/11

Postby Pedobear » 10 Sep 2016, 21:35

This happened when I was about to turn two months old!
Magikarp used Splash!
Mewtwo fainted!

Archangel
FWG Earl

Postby Archangel » 12 Sep 2016, 02:57

This happened when I was about 3 1/2 months.

I hate that it happened, and i wish the people flying the planes had earned better flying lessons.
I can't say I was fine. I was never fine to begin with.

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 12 Sep 2016, 03:58

The planes were HIJACKED.
Don't try, do.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 18 Sep 2016, 21:04

I think it's crazy that kids in school will now learn about this as a historical event that they were not alive for. Makes me feel old.

-God Bless
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 19 Sep 2016, 00:53

Excalibur wrote:I think it's crazy that kids in school will now learn about this as a historical event that they were not alive for. Makes me feel old.

-God Bless

I often wonder, years in the future, what kids will be taught about 1945-Present. I wonder if they just wont teach anything about it because nothing significant enough happened.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 19 Sep 2016, 18:38

Flobalob wrote:
Excalibur wrote:I think it's crazy that kids in school will now learn about this as a historical event that they were not alive for. Makes me feel old.

-God Bless

I often wonder, years in the future, what kids will be taught about 1945-Present. I wonder if they just wont teach anything about it because nothing significant enough happened.

The Cold War.....

It's a pretty big part of GCSE History 1945-2003 so......
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 20 Sep 2016, 06:56

Rainshard wrote:
Flobalob wrote:

-God Bless

The Cold War.....

But in the really long run, will that be seen as significant enough to teach about?

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 20 Sep 2016, 18:06

Flobalob wrote:
Rainshard wrote:
Flobalob wrote:

-God Bless

The Cold War.....

But in the really long run, will that be seen as significant enough to teach about?

The 21st century so far has largely been shaped by 9/11. 9/11 may not have happened if the Cold War never happened (Mujadeen would not be funded against Soviets and eventually form Al Qaeda) so it seems pretty significant.

Also the advances in space and nuclear technology, the sudden climate crisis, two wars which helped shape the current US foreign policy, various international incidents, the collapse of one great power, the rise of other great powers, the birth of Islamic extremism. All seem pretty significant in the sense that they have directly influenced our future.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 24 Sep 2016, 00:00

Rainshard wrote:
Flobalob wrote:
Rainshard wrote:
Flobalob wrote:

-God Bless

The Cold War.....

The 21st century so far has largely been shaped by 9/11. 9/11 may not have happened if the Cold War never happened (Mujadeen would not be funded against Soviets and eventually form Al Qaeda) so it seems pretty significant.

Also the advances in space and nuclear technology, the sudden climate crisis, two wars which helped shape the current US foreign policy, various international incidents, the collapse of one great power, the rise of other great powers, the birth of Islamic extremism. All seem pretty significant in the sense that they have directly influenced our future.

I guess in that sense, it might be looked at as a long-term cause of the War on Terrorism (which in itself, has only been a minor thing. We've reached the most peaceful time in history), but I can't really see it being taught as a whole topic in itself.

Return to “Serious Discussion”