Another dumb thread of mine that will get me hate.

Talk about serious issues here!
BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Another dumb thread of mine that will get me hate.

Postby BluesDotEXE » 17 Sep 2016, 03:40

That history is repeating itself again? Think about it. My world history teacher brought up something which made me do some research, and what I found made me want to share.

If you took World History, you would know all about the Roman Empire's rise and fall. It grew to massive size, until it began to become lazy, which led to the decline of the empire to begin with. The roman army became much more pathetic, and the empire became "unstable". One emperor in particular ended up splitting the empire into east and west.

The western roman empire did not last very long, yet the eastern roman empire lasted much longer before ultimately being conquered.

What does this have to do with America?

Over the past few years, America has grown much more lazy, recent presidents were much worse than some of the amazing presidents we had farther back. Now, if we compare both America and the Roman Empire, you'll see a lot of similarities in the way things are going. America is breaking, just like the Roman Empire did in the past.

If I am correct, Some time within the future, America will end up breaking into 2, exactly like the Roman Empire did, and eventually America will fall into complete obscurity.

america might fall like the roman empire. be prepared.
Don't try, do.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Re: Another dumb thread of mine that will get me hate.

Postby Flobalob » 17 Sep 2016, 13:57

I doubt it would completely break up. It's hard to say where the US will be in the future because most outcomes end in nuclear war.

A complete total breakup of the US would be so impractical though, and it's so tied within itself that it would be almost impossible to do. The Roman Empire split into East and West largely because its enormous size had made communications, control and logistics very difficult, just like how the Mongol Empire split up into various Khanates. This was actually a very practical solution to the problem for both Empires, and there were good relationships between the individual "states".

Control, communications and logistics isn't so much of a problem for the US, largely because it's already split up into states. The comparison to the Roman Empire is there, in that various states comprise the US. What you're talking about is a civil war, which seems very unlikely. I don't know how anyone would manage to organize any kind of uprising inside the US, but even if they did they'd probably get shat on in a matter of days.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 18 Sep 2016, 21:00

I don't foresee this happening. Could another country take over and become a world power? Yes. But America is here to stay for the time being.

I know it may seem like civil unrest is high and things are not well, but looking back things have been worse and we made it through that.

If anything, the whole world is getting closer to a collective form of government.
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 23 Sep 2016, 17:54

But we're not Rome, and times are extremely different. Sure, history repeats itself, but they also didn't have phones or the Internet or any of the fancy stuff we have now. Flob mentioned communication issues. We have a whole host of communication issues today, but none like we would in ancient Rome, and not enough substantial ones to tear apart our country.

But I don't know, maybe I could see a civil war. We're a bit too tense here, and we're seeing a lot of race issues and people pissed at the government, the system, the M A N , big brother, you feel me? When enough people get angry at the government, bad shit happens. But again, it's a different age. We're all a little bit louder. Our footprint is substantially more visible from the moment we make any movements, so maybe we're less at risk than we think and everyone's just a lot louder than we used to be able to be.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 24 Sep 2016, 03:06

Foopzheart wrote:We're all a little bit louder. Our footprint is substantially more visible from the moment we make any movements, so maybe we're less at risk than we think and everyone's just a lot louder than we used to be able to be.

I think this is also a big part of it. The Internet provides people with that perfect anonymous barrier where they can rant and spew all the hate they want without actually having to get into any sort of confrontation. There's a big difference between sharing a Facebook post and toppling a Government.

I mean, if you look at how long it took for the Arab Spring to trigger even after all the horrible things they were put through by their various dictators and such, it really puts into perspective how ridiculous a civil war in any Western country would be. By the nature of Democracy, people can hardly be mad about something they voted for. Unless of course they were given some awful voting options. I.e. Trump vs Hillary

I do believe however, that the Chinese Government wont hold on long. At least not to Xinjiang, or Taiwan. Xinjiang has suffered a hell of a lot of Islamic extremism and every day it comes a bit closer to forming it's own Islamic republic. ~~~I'm not saying that's a bad thing btw, I just can't envisage China holding on to a majority-Muslim region~~~ Taiwan will jump on any bandwagon that passes by so long as it takes them right out of Chinatown, and as Western culture and influence starts to seep in around China I doubt they'll hold on (in their current system, anyway) for too long.

One thing I can see repeating itself is the Soviet Bloc being broken up, annexed, broken up, annexed etc. etc. over and over again. I mean, the Crimeans are understandably a little pissed already, but Russia wont stop there. Then there'll be an uprising and it will all go back to how it is now. AND THEN WE'LL BRING DEMOCRACY
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Return to “Serious Discussion”