Ohio State attack: Eight stabbed after 'active shooter' report on university campus

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Ohio State attack: Eight stabbed after 'active shooter' report on university campus

Postby Dr Frook » 28 Nov 2016, 20:07

If only Trump were in charge, then all the terrorists would be dead by now... DEAD... :P

At least eight people were stabbed in an "active shooter" attack at Ohio State University campus before a suspect was shot, school and hospital officials say.

Key points:
•Officials say some victims were stabbed, while others hit by a vehicle
•The report follows a Monday morning warning of an active shooter on campus
•The school later said the scene was secure, but details of the attack remain unclear

Police did not immediately release the suspect's condition and gave no details on a possible motive.

The details of the attack started to emerge after a morning of confusion and conflicting reports that began with the university issuing a series of tweets warning students that there was an "active shooter" on campus near the engineering building and that they should "run, hide, fight."

"Run, hide, fight" is standard protocol for active shooter situations. It means: Run, evacuate if possible; Hide, get silently out of view; or Fight, as a last resort, take action to disrupt or incapacitate the shooter if your life is in imminent danger.

Numerous police vehicles and ambulances converged on the 60,000-student campus, and authorities blocked off roads.

The shelter-in-place warning was lifted about an hour and a half later, and university spokesman Ben Johnson issued a statement that made no mention of any gunfire other than the shooting of the suspect.

Mr Johnson said the injured were stabbed, hit by a vehicle or suffered other injuries.

"Our top priority remains the safety and security of our campus community," he said.

Students recall 'moments of chaos'

Rachel LeMaster, who works in the engineering college, said a fire alarm sounded before the attack.

"There were several moments of chaos," she said.

"We barricaded ourselves like we're supposed to since it was right outside our door and just hunkered down."

Ms LeMaster said she and others were eventually led outside the building and she saw a body on the ground.

Cassidie Baker, an Ohio State senior, said she saw police or paramedics helping one person on the ground outside Watts Hall.

"No one really knows what is happening, other than there's an active shooter," she said.

After the active shooter warning was lifted and the university declared the scene secure, the school said all classes would be cancelled for the rest of the day.

With nearly 60,000 students at its main Columbus campus, Ohio State is one of the nation's largest universities.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Re: Ohio State attack: Eight stabbed after 'active shooter' report on university campus

Postby Lamb » 29 Nov 2016, 23:32

I am annoyed by the idiots calling for gun control... when he used a machete and his car to do the attack. Not to mention he was stopped once he was shot by an officer.
I've lost my pieces.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: Ohio State attack: Eight stabbed after 'active shooter' report on university campus

Postby The Divine Potato » 30 Nov 2016, 16:23

Lamb wrote:I am annoyed by the idiots calling for gun control... when he used a machete and his car to do the attack. Not to mention he was stopped once he was shot by an officer.

Where is the gun control argument in relation to this? The police have all the right to use a gun against someone with a machete, even British police do this. Carry on.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 01 Dec 2016, 05:04

The Divine Potato wrote:
Lamb wrote:I am annoyed by the idiots calling for gun control... when he used a machete and his car to do the attack. Not to mention he was stopped once he was shot by an officer.

Where is the gun control argument in relation to this? The police have all the right to use a gun against someone with a machete, even British police do this. Carry on.

Not sure if you read anything or not, so I'll assume you didn't. It was announced that there was a supposed shooting, and everyone went crazy over it. It was later clarified that there was simply stabbings and the guy inside his car ramming people.

same.
I've lost my pieces.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 02 Dec 2016, 18:50

all these incidents show how delicate some people can be. Transforming from happy smiling people to homicidal maniacs. All it takes is someone feeding them idiotic primitive ideas and making them feel like the world is against them and treating them unfairly
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

GarthVader449
FWG Duke

Postby GarthVader449 » 06 Jan 2017, 01:12

I'm confused, I'm missing something... 'shooter attack' yet he stabbed everyone... say what
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''

GarthVader449
FWG Duke

Postby GarthVader449 » 06 Jan 2017, 01:20

The Divine Potato wrote:

We tend to taze people instead of shooting, hell even that isn't always what happens. It's usually their CS spray or batons they use as they aren't issued with firearms. Hell if we are feeling inventive and brave, even a wheelie bin in one case.
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 29 Jan 2017, 06:38

Ooh late on this band wagon but one of my close friends actually goes to this college. Yeah, it was just a stabbing despite attempts to turn this into a gun control debate. The active shooter report was probably a misflag or just a generalization to identify that there is a threat on campus

Return to “Serious Discussion”