Russia hacked the US election, yet Trump still denies it

Talk about serious issues here!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Russia hacked the US election, yet Trump still denies it

Postby Dr Frook » 11 Dec 2016, 20:17

Yep, he's going to be that kind of president - only accepting things that favor himself. Reminds me of a lot of lovely dictators out there. The next step is to kill all your opponents. Trump better work on that.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Re: Russia hacked the US election, yet Trump still denies it

Postby Flobalob » 11 Dec 2016, 20:40

I'd like to revise my statement that WW3 isn't likely.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 12 Dec 2016, 21:22

burr must be really happy that russia helped his fav person in the whole world win...

wwiii.... it already started...

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 18 Dec 2016, 13:27

I feel like the claim that Russia "hacked the US election" is misleading. As far as I'm aware the Russians only aided Trump by hacking into servers and then dumping Hillary's emails, fueling the Hillary scandal (rightly so in my opinion).
Personally, other than to take legal action against Russia I feel that this should affect nothing. There is no evidence and no one is claiming that the Russians hacked the election, vote manipulation, that I'm aware of. So as far as I'm concerned the Russians are guilty of hacking into government affiliated servers and dumping Hillary's emails which was most likely a move to help Trump get elected, but also provided mroe information to the American people.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 19 Dec 2016, 19:09

hacking directly into the election would have been way to obvious for the russians. They did the next best thing, influence the election by stealing information and then releasing it. If only they did it for trump, I am sure he has so so sooo much more dirty crap hidden away. They probably do have that info on trump already and will use it to blackmail him when he's full on pres and not doing wot putin wants him to do.

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 20 Dec 2016, 20:15

Yes, the Russians influenced the election by leaking the emails. They gave the American people information their Government would not provide to them. I don't see issues with this at all. Yes, it furthers their interests. But the American people still made this decision based off of the information obtained from the email leaks.
Anything Trump may or may not have behind or held against him is speculation without basis. As such there is little reason to assume that the claim is true. Hell, if this brings the US and Russia closer and brings about more cooperation between the two nations I think it'd be absolutely beneficial.
Congress won't allow anything detrimental to the US but beneficial to the Russians, they'd push for impeachment before they allowed that to happen. At best the Russians (assuming they are the puppetmasters) would push for moves that at the very least on the surface seem beneficial to the United States.
Also, I fail to understand why Russia is hated so much?

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 20 Dec 2016, 23:31

It's not a matter of not liking Russia. I'm all for the US and Russia being close friends again. The issue that concerns me is they aren't helping matters by more or less assisting someone with the personality and behavior of Mugabe (Zimbabwean dictator) to take control of the worlds most armed nation. All I can see is they wanted to create a little chaos. Impeachment is a very real possibility given trumps ways. Time will tell. Maybe Russia did the US a favor. Maybe trump isn't an insane megalomaniac.

TheKingsHills wrote:Yes, the Russians influenced the election by leaking the emails. They gave the American people information their Government would not provide to them. I don't see issues with this at all. Yes, it furthers their interests. But the American people still made this decision based off of the information obtained from the email leaks.
Anything Trump may or may not have behind or held against him is speculation without basis. As such there is little reason to assume that the claim is true. Hell, if this brings the US and Russia closer and brings about more cooperation between the two nations I think it'd be absolutely beneficial.
Congress won't allow anything detrimental to the US but beneficial to the Russians, they'd push for impeachment before they allowed that to happen. At best the Russians (assuming they are the puppetmasters) would push for moves that at the very least on the surface seem beneficial to the United States.
Also, I fail to understand why Russia is hated so much?

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 21 Dec 2016, 05:22

Dr Frook wrote:It's not a matter of not liking Russia. I'm all for the US and Russia being close friends again. The issue that concerns me is they aren't helping matters by more or less assisting someone with the personality and behavior of Mugabe (Zimbabwean dictator) to take control of the worlds most armed nation. All I can see is they wanted to create a little chaos. Impeachment is a very real possibility given trumps ways. Time will tell. Maybe Russia did the US a favor. Maybe trump isn't an insane megalomaniac.

Trump says rude thing so what?
Trump taking control of the world's most armed nation means little. People have brought up the, "handing over the keys to our nukes" argument. Trump directly says he will not take nukes off the table, he doesn't want to use them but if he needs to he will.

What is his personality and behavior? What are the issues? He says rude thing sure, so what? His policies, many agree with (I personally mostly agree with his immigration policy. I'd prefer if they made attempts to deport all illegal immigrants. Yknow, me being a legal immigrant in the United States). He claims to stand for the American people and it looks like he is while also pushing for things that will benefit him. I don't see issues with that. That's all that matters.

Our biggest rivalry, Russia, supports Trump. A step in the potentially right direction.

As for impeachment,
"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."
A treason charge is so outlandishly difficult to prove that unless something major happens he won't be charged with it. Bribery? Maybe one day, I don't know. The same could be said of any president.
high crimes and misdemeanors, as per wikipedia "The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming, and refusal to obey a lawful order." I find it difficult to find reason to assume that Trump would do any of these things meaning I can't assume that Trump is likely to be impeached.

What I can see is that Russia wants a US president that has similar interests as them. A president more likely to cooperate with them, which would be more likely to be beneficial to the American people.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 26 Dec 2016, 04:14

I'd like to know what Hacking an election means, for one
Is it the "russian" hackers leaking the Clinton emails? Because if its that, it only shows how other countries are willing to help open the Americans' eyes, as usual, since their own establishment is keeping things from them
I see no reason for you being angry about it

Also, shouldnt Putin and Trump being total bros be like, a good thing?
Last time I checked in on here, you were all being hysterical about Trump starting WW3, and now hey look, the US is getting at its absolute best relationship with Russia since before the Cold War.
I know most of you can't admit you were just dead wrong for the past 2 years about virtually everything, and I'd be sorta salty too, but grow up. Elections are over. Things are actually looking up. No need to make it sound as if everything's going to crap just to make yourselves look better. That's kinda sad.

Return to “Serious Discussion”