London Terror Attack

Talk about serious issues here!
User avatar
Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks
Posts: 2633
Joined: 14 Dec 2012, 06:01
Fr00k$: 696.65
Location: The valley of the shadow of death
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Zia- » 06 Jun 2017, 23:33

Flobalob wrote:
Zia- wrote:
Flobalob wrote:Just a reminder to those edgelords among you, if you've got nothing nice/sensible/sane to say, just don't say anything at all. Racism will not be tolerated.

>implying islam is a race
jfc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

There is no single definition of what a "race" is. However, it nearly always includes religion. Race and ethnicity are two entirely different things, where race is encompasses a range of cultural, social and ethnic bases, and ethnicity is focused solely on ethnic grouping. Therefore, religion, as a cultural/social construct, is classed as a race.

If you disagree, I invite you to try and define "race". Are Jews a race? Can't be, Islam isn't! So are Israelis a race? Well, that's not based on any real biological trait, is it? Just a meaningless country border? So what about Middle-Eastern people? Asians, whites and blacks? But that's just skin colour, which can come in a huge variety! There's a huge gradient of colours, so where does "race" as a definition come into it?

There's no such thing as "race", biologically speaking. It's a social construct, which includes religion.


you're right, i forgot we live in a time where sjws have to change the definitions of things to fit their agenda. but sure if religion can define your race then by that logic all muslims are the same race, even if they are from different countries or continents because muh cultural and religious sameness so we must be the same

on the other hand you could always go down the street and ask ahmed and his family if muslims identify as a race
Image
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Flobalob » 07 Jun 2017, 00:08

Zia- wrote:
Flobalob wrote:
Zia- wrote:
Flobalob wrote:Just a reminder to those edgelords among you, if you've got nothing nice/sensible/sane to say, just don't say anything at all. Racism will not be tolerated.

>implying islam is a race
jfc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

There is no single definition of what a "race" is. However, it nearly always includes religion. Race and ethnicity are two entirely different things, where race is encompasses a range of cultural, social and ethnic bases, and ethnicity is focused solely on ethnic grouping. Therefore, religion, as a cultural/social construct, is classed as a race.

If you disagree, I invite you to try and define "race". Are Jews a race? Can't be, Islam isn't! So are Israelis a race? Well, that's not based on any real biological trait, is it? Just a meaningless country border? So what about Middle-Eastern people? Asians, whites and blacks? But that's just skin colour, which can come in a huge variety! There's a huge gradient of colours, so where does "race" as a definition come into it?

There's no such thing as "race", biologically speaking. It's a social construct, which includes religion.


you're right, i forgot we live in a time where sjws have to change the definitions of things to fit their agenda. but sure if religion can define your race then by that logic all muslims are the same race, even if they are from different countries or continents because muh cultural and religious sameness so we must be the same

on the other hand you could always go down the street and ask ahmed and his family if muslims identify as a race

Islam is a race. So is Syrian, or Turkish, or Egyptian. They are both the same and different races at once. Just like how you (White American female) and I (White British male) are both the same race (White) and different races (American/British, female/male).

And you can feel free to ask a Muslim if it's a race. In my experience, at least, they'll say yes.

Let me ask you - is there a Jewish race? What is and isn't a race? What's the definition of a race?
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Flobalob » 07 Jun 2017, 01:08

I'll restate. Racism - or any form of discrimination - will not be tolerated. Please keep the discussion on-topic and sensible or the post will be deleted.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks
Posts: 2633
Joined: 14 Dec 2012, 06:01
Fr00k$: 696.65
Location: The valley of the shadow of death
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Zia- » 07 Jun 2017, 02:13

Flobalob wrote:
Zia- wrote:
Flobalob wrote:
Zia- wrote:
Flobalob wrote:Just a reminder to those edgelords among you, if you've got nothing nice/sensible/sane to say, just don't say anything at all. Racism will not be tolerated.

>implying islam is a race
jfc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

There is no single definition of what a "race" is. However, it nearly always includes religion. Race and ethnicity are two entirely different things, where race is encompasses a range of cultural, social and ethnic bases, and ethnicity is focused solely on ethnic grouping. Therefore, religion, as a cultural/social construct, is classed as a race.

If you disagree, I invite you to try and define "race". Are Jews a race? Can't be, Islam isn't! So are Israelis a race? Well, that's not based on any real biological trait, is it? Just a meaningless country border? So what about Middle-Eastern people? Asians, whites and blacks? But that's just skin colour, which can come in a huge variety! There's a huge gradient of colours, so where does "race" as a definition come into it?

There's no such thing as "race", biologically speaking. It's a social construct, which includes religion.


you're right, i forgot we live in a time where sjws have to change the definitions of things to fit their agenda. but sure if religion can define your race then by that logic all muslims are the same race, even if they are from different countries or continents because muh cultural and religious sameness so we must be the same

on the other hand you could always go down the street and ask ahmed and his family if muslims identify as a race

Islam is a race. So is Syrian, or Turkish, or Egyptian. They are both the same and different races at once. Just like how you (White American female) and I (White British male) are both the same race (White) and different races (American/British, female/male).

And you can feel free to ask a Muslim if it's a race. In my experience, at least, they'll say yes.

Let me ask you - is there a Jewish race? What is and isn't a race? What's the definition of a race?


>saying white is a race

the correct terminology is Caucasian

also im not american im australian, which is doesnt even matter anyways because both america and australia were colonised by the brits so your argument crumbles inwards on itself in that sense, the only way we are different races is our cultural differences, but we are both still caucasian so same race also genders arent a race so dont even try to pull that social studies pseudo science bs. Being caucasian is a race, being a british or australian or american caucasian does not make you a separate race.

but to further add on, since religions are a "race" according to you, that means satanists are a race since its a religion, so i guess ill be able to claim people are being racist against them and push for discrimination lawsuits, would that be ok with you and your logic?

literally every google result for religion being a race says its not, so im going to go with the general consensus on literally every site saying neither islam nor judaism is a race, therefore hate against them cannot be racist.
Image
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Dr Frook » 07 Jun 2017, 06:38

Omg Zia is alive! Better call off the wake.

Also let's focus on the topic!
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks
Posts: 2633
Joined: 14 Dec 2012, 06:01
Fr00k$: 696.65
Location: The valley of the shadow of death
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Zia- » 07 Jun 2017, 09:25

Dr Frook wrote:Omg Zia is alive! Better call off the wake.


NO U >:L
Image
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

DriveThru Whale
FWG Earl
Posts: 314
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 02:46
Fr00k$: 22.40

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby DriveThru Whale » 19 Jun 2017, 02:43

It done happened again... What I want to know is why this sorta thing keeps happening, and why doesn't Britain just take the IRA approach to this horsemess already. How much more blood be shed before security is restored?
Image LOUDEST 2015, 2017

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby Flobalob » 20 Jun 2017, 20:33

DriveThru Whale wrote:It done happened again... What I want to know is why this sorta thing keeps happening, and why doesn't Britain just take the IRA approach to this horsemess already. How much more blood be shed before security is restored?

To answer your first question, with regards to specifically Islamic terrorism, as IS falls, they've stepped up their Western terrorism recruitment campaigns as a last-ditch effort to gain back the publicity that earnt them so much support at their peak and made them seem so intimidating. More publicity = more recruitment = more firepower to stay alive. They're quite literally going out with a bang.

However, the recent attack was against Muslims. With more Islamic terrorism comes more Islamophobia, which equally breeds anti-Islamic terrorism like we saw at Finsbury Park. It's the nature of ignorant people - they feel threatened; they turn violent.

To answer your second question - the IRA was an organization within the British Isles. It's easy to deploy troops within your own jurisdiction, particularly when it's as localized a problem as the IRA. Intelligence gathering and ground operations is infinitely easier than abroad and so you can quickly root out terrorist cells and their leaders and deal with them. IS is abroad, in a foreign, harsh, hostile and third-world country. The boots-on-the-ground solution is not conductable without great cost - both economically and politically - and often becomes drawn-out, only serving to expand the problem by infringing on another nation's territory, as we saw in Afghanistan.

Additionally, the IRA used bombs and guns which required immense preparation and left a huge footprint. What we are seeing now is attackers using knives and vehicles - things that are inconspicuous and readily available; they are much harder to track and prevent. Someone could plan such an attack entirely in their head, without outside support or preparation. They just take a knife from their kitchen or rent a vehicle and do it. If you can't prevent an attack, you have to prevent the spread of ideology that causes it, which is the reasoning behind Theresa May's proposed new Internet regulation laws.

Lastly, don't overlook that the military response against the IRA ended in a stalemate with over 50,000 total casualties and almost 3,600 dead including over 1,000 British military personnel. It was far from a success and lead to the government compromising on devolving the NI government in order to prevent further violence. A military solution is costly, incites panic, escalates the problem, is inefficient and often ineffective and is categorically a last resort. What we've seen so far, whilst terrible, is on a much smaller scale than it seems and not significantly affecting daily life here. It will peter out in due course as it relies on publicity created in the Middle East, which is gradually coming to a close.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
GarthVader449
FWG Duke
Posts: 353
Joined: 12 Jun 2010, 07:18
Fr00k$: 25.60
Location: Forever changing...

Re: London Terror Attack

Postby GarthVader449 » 01 Jul 2017, 23:45

Flobalob wrote:Lastly, don't overlook that the military response against the IRA ended in a stalemate with over 50,000 total casualties and almost 3,600 dead including over 1,000 British military personnel. It was far from a success and lead to the government compromising on devolving the NI government in order to prevent further violence. A military solution is costly, incites panic, escalates the problem, is inefficient and often ineffective and is categorically a last resort. What we've seen so far, whilst terrible, is on a much smaller scale than it seems and not significantly affecting daily life here. It will peter out in due course as it relies on publicity created in the Middle East, which is gradually coming to a close.


Sadly, the peace process achieved in NI is as wobbly as the UK govt. Man... politics in the last few years as really gone to shit.

We must stand together, united, work together in shaping our future. Otherwise, this division is just going to get worse. And ultimately may result in the break-up of the UK.
''Per Ardua ad Astra''
''Through Adversity to the Stars''


Return to “Serious Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest