The Gulf Oil Spill

Talk about serious issues here!
Sano
FWG Baron

The Gulf Oil Spill

Postby Sano » 22 Jun 2010, 20:58

Whatn are your thoughts on it? every1 has heard of it, what do u think bp should do?
when in doubt eat spagetti

WHAT AM I???

gheener
FWG Squire

Re: The Gulf Oil Spill

Postby gheener » 22 Jun 2010, 23:12

clean it up.
considering its their own fault.
i also believe they should be forced to donate to a charity that cleans up the spills made by these ignorant money loving oil companies.
also they should be forced to give me a few dollars for some burritos. im hungry

blade
FWG Minor Noble

Postby blade » 23 Jun 2010, 03:54

gheener wrote:clean it up.
considering its their own fault.
i also believe they should be forced to donate to a charity that cleans up the spills made by these ignorant money loving oil companies.
also they should be forced to give me a few dollars for some burritos. im hungry

u mind giving me some burritos too? ;)
ImageImage
Ice Chill

Roi-antimalwaregeek
FWG Butt Kicker

Postby Roi-antimalwaregeek » 23 Jun 2010, 08:13

The Oil spill does not require only cleaning up that area but also restoring to how it was earlier, I know it is difficult (or impossible). One should also think about the Resources lost, the animals affected, the eco system affected, the tourism sector affected, the employment sector,..... and so on. What do we learn here? I think BP should compensate for every impact they have had on people and nature.(which I do not think is possible) I would only like if people stay more careful next time.
We nerds rock!!!!!!!!

gheener
FWG Squire

Postby gheener » 23 Jun 2010, 15:39

its a tough decision and what will happen is they will pay a small some of money and pretend to fix it all while in reality they are covering it up. then they will pay off a few government officials and it'll disappear.

Shadow Man
FWG Minor Noble

Postby Shadow Man » 30 Jun 2010, 00:12

Geea, i think the president to use some type of microranism that eats oil(it exists). I mean, it will hurt the enviroment, but better then a few fish than a whole gulf.....:)
While a middle finger bomb would make problems and solve them all in a second, a peach shaped bomb would only make happiness....them kill millions of lives and cause grief and sorrow for 50 years.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 30 Jun 2010, 13:22

If the americans did not have laws to prevent other nations ships to do jobs in their waters (or an exception clause in said law) the spill would have been fixed some time ago.

Their are 4 major dredging companies gloabally, 2 of them are Belgian, 2 Dutch with vastly major technological superiority over the americans.
All of them offered their help to close the spill.

Economical protectionism is ok in some cases, but this is ridiculous.

Noonie
FWG Earl

Postby Noonie » 05 Aug 2010, 03:20

It's over! It took a whole 107 days for the idiots to pump mud and cement into the well and seal it...they couldve done that earlier instead of playing with golf balls in their silly labs, but it's sealed forever. On the news they said 75% of the oil is gone, and even though they've been wrong every time they said anything about the amount of oil in the gulf, I'm just gonna take their word for it. Most of the gulf's seafood is once again safe, and the tourism industry wasn't completely destroyed.
It'll take a long time for everything to be fixed, but the worst is behind us.

ghost 9
FWG King

Postby ghost 9 » 06 Aug 2010, 15:32

they need to do a better job. theyve tried so many times and failed just as many.
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Shadow Man
FWG Minor Noble

Postby Shadow Man » 06 Aug 2010, 17:50

YES! ITS DONE! as the thenonconformist said, they filled the temporary seal with cement and mud, and they should be done with the final cap soon, if all goes right.
While a middle finger bomb would make problems and solve them all in a second, a peach shaped bomb would only make happiness....them kill millions of lives and cause grief and sorrow for 50 years.

Return to “Serious Discussion”