Re: The God Problem.

Postby danny » 18 Jul 2011, 00:33

that was kinda my point
True beauty lies in the heart, so i must look like stein :D

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 21 Jul 2011, 09:13

There really is no way to prove whether God even exists or not, let alone what gender he may or may not be.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Jul 2011, 17:28

My answer to the main question:

When God created the world, he knew he would need balance.

So, there's philosophers and ideas, but there's also murderers and tsunamis to balance it all out.

That's my point of view on it.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 23 Jul 2011, 23:52

God knew there would need to be balance?

How did he know that? Why did he create a universe in which there needed to be balance?

And saying he knew there needed to be balance suggest there is a bigger order that he was adhering to, which doesn't make him all powerful.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 26 Jul 2011, 17:02

MUNTER

Y U NO HAVE BAD ARGUMENT?
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

KingNoobOfNoobington
FWG Assassin

Postby KingNoobOfNoobington » 27 Jul 2011, 10:46

God.....is a cruel sick man only interested in his own needs.
We are merely puppets to him, why else would he watch us suffer without doing anything to stop it?

smile
Noobie Doobie

Postby smile » 27 Jul 2011, 20:27

KingNoobOfNoobington wrote:God.....is a cruel sick man only interested in his own needs.
We are merely puppets to him, why else would he watch us suffer without doing anything to stop it?

Why would God reach his hand down from heaven and save you from a situation you probably got yourself
 into? You have your own mind, you make your own choices and decisions. So how are we puppets when God doesn't control us? He gives us our own free will to do whatever we want to. Also, the choices you make and the consequences that were given to you because of the choice you made is your own fault.  If that plays part with you and suffering deal with it, it's part of life. Again you had a mind to think, so don't blame God for something you did and you wanted HIM to save you from it. 
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalms 46:1
Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong, for like grass they will soon wither, for like green plants they will soon die away.
Psalm 37:1-2

rlharrison
Noobie Doobie

Postby rlharrison » 27 Jul 2011, 23:14

As Christians we tell people about God out of love and concern for their spiritual well being. However i do not believe in forcing anyone to accept Him. We have a duty to inform others about Him and allow them to decide for themselves which way to take.

I have many reasons for my belief in God, but one of my main reason is the world about me (The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork). You cannot have a creation without a creator.

There are many things we do not understand about God but we must take into account that God is deity and not man, so we cannot confine him to our human reasoning.

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 28 Jul 2011, 10:53

Fuipui wrote:MUNTER

Y U NO HAVE BAD ARGUMENT?

Haha I have an unfair advantage here, seeing as I've ben arguing for 4 years now as part of my degree.

I suppose I set up stuff here to show people that issues that some think are certain are anything but.

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 28 Jul 2011, 11:03

smile wrote:
KingNoobOfNoobington wrote:God.....is a cruel sick man only interested in his own needs.

Why would God reach his hand down from heaven and save you from a situation you probably got yourself
 into? You have your own mind, you make your own choices and decisions. So how are we puppets when God doesn't control us? He gives us our own free will to do whatever we want to. Also, the choices you make and the consequences that were given to you because of the choice you made is your own fault.  If that plays part with you and suffering deal with it, it's part of life. Again you had a mind to think, so don't blame God for something you did and you wanted HIM to save you from it. 

Again, the point I raised stands.

Since God is the creator, he created us with free will, he also created us with the capability of doing bad things, and getting ourselves into bad situations, he also created us with a capacity not to believe in him.

Now, why would God do this? Because if he is all knowing then he knows who's going to make bad choices and what bad natural disasters are going to happen before they do, he created a universe in which they happen. So if he knows who is going to make the bad choices, and who is going to suffer, and is all powerful (that is, he is able to stop it), then he can't be all good. Because if he was then bad things wouldn't happen, and unfortunately we only need to look out our window to know bad things to happen, all the time.

Ok, so lets say he IS all good, well either he has made us with free will and doesn't know what choices we will make. This would make him not all knowing, if he doesn't know what the things he created are going to do, then how can we expect him to know anything about the Universe?

ALSO, he has still created a world in which people are able to commit bad acts and bad things can happen to people. Why would you create a place where bad things could even happen if you were all good?

Some have replied 'Because satan does the bad thing, aint nothing to do with God'. But God created Lucifer, and once again he must have known lucifer would denounce him when he created him or he is not all knowing, but if he did know then he can be all good, or he is not all powerful.

So once again the argument repeats itself. A conception of an all good, all knowing, all powerful God leads to crazy inconsistencies, it does not match with the way the world is as we experience it.

And if God created all that is, then we have everything to blame him for.

Return to “Serious Discussion”