The God Problem.

Talk about serious issues here!
Munter
FWG Mod

Re: The God Problem.

Postby Munter » 25 Sep 2011, 12:29

Soon, you will see that people have been debating this for thousands of years.

The thing is, logically, God cannot be all knowing, all powerful and all good.

So the answer usually given is that his logic transcends human logic. But how can the person saying this know this? If his logic transcends ours then there's no possible way we can know anything about him.

At this stage it becomes about faith, and you can't argue against someone's faith if they believe it without logical reason. As arguing relies on picking apart each other's logical structures.

So ultimately, arguing with those of a faith, whether it be Christians, Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists or even Atheists, is like banging your head off a wall.

prophet
FWG King

Postby prophet » 25 Sep 2011, 12:39

heres something

Human logic could never comprehend how time started, the big bang theory is entirely impossible, because what created the atoms to do whatever the thingy majiggers did to make a big bang?

There has to be somethng that we cant comprehend out there.
Image FWG BLACKBELT

My Discord ID is Artolix, if anybody wants to reconnect.

elishaz98
FWG Squire

Postby elishaz98 » 25 Sep 2011, 14:29

Zados wrote:if suffer and pain is something that god gives to evil humans - then i am the devil
agreed
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JiBhGkm6tKI_Dcsp696bIwR4eQAhyqAnUmVSdvxy8xdN4lbpKipqVFiLqf2f-wWJIE9g54=s85

bob-jr
FWG Mod

Postby bob-jr » 25 Sep 2011, 15:50

prophet wrote:heres something

Human logic could never comprehend how time started, the big bang theory is entirely impossible, because what created the atoms to do whatever the thingy majiggers did to make a big bang?

He has a point but is it a good one?
I'm just bobbing along

elishaz98
FWG Squire

Postby elishaz98 » 25 Sep 2011, 15:56

prophet wrote:heres something

i'm so confused :?
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JiBhGkm6tKI_Dcsp696bIwR4eQAhyqAnUmVSdvxy8xdN4lbpKipqVFiLqf2f-wWJIE9g54=s85

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 25 Sep 2011, 23:47

It's a good point, prophet.

The thing is, human logic can't really comprehend most things beyond everyday experience.

The easiest example of this is death. We cannot fully comprehend what it is like to not exist.

So it is no wonder that we made stories of Gods and other forces to explain these things. Religion is about explaining why these things happen to us.

We can calculate the force of a massive tsunami, but cannot comprehend it.

Logic doesn't tell us why things exist, it just shows us how they work. It's why it's good at picking apart some religious argument. What it cannot do, however, is offer a definitive answer of its own.

Science can predict what happened in the universes history, and it can also predict what will happen in the future, but all it takes is one observation to be wrong for the theory to be false.

Faith has no such logical grounding in observation, but many who have faith will believe in it no matter what.

Still, I prefer the scientific view. Although i believe that we must acknowledge that we really don't know anything.

This has been an early morning ramble from Munter...

mustache
FWG Baron

Postby mustache » 01 Oct 2011, 02:51

Munter wrote: Although we cannot prove the existence

Haven't you heard? People have looked down into lakes, and they found battle armors, which was actually the same river the Egyptians got closed into by the water, also, people have found a huge boat in the mountain the ark was told to land on, it was almost completely frozen, and they looked through and noticed it was just as its describes in the bible!

I BELIEVE!!!
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx359/2ErecEdwardfan/Blog/Merlin-FlippinEpic.gif

Return to “Serious Discussion”