Happiness

Talk about serious issues here!
Kev

Happiness

Postby Kev » 28 Nov 2009, 02:37

What is your idea of happiness?

Is it a materialistic idea that if you have your playstation 3 and every game you want then you are happy? If you have food, clothes and a roof over your head then you are happy and content?

Does anybody have full happiness in themselves and their goals and achievements?

Are you the type of person that is always happy when they have a girlfriend or boyfriend?

I am currently on the quest for my own inner happiness i just wanna know what your ideas are about the concept of happiness?!

Thank you,
Kev :)

Wolftramon Tri
FWG Ninja

Re: Happiness

Postby Wolftramon Tri » 28 Nov 2009, 14:57

Happyness is just electrons flowing into your brain to make you react to something.

Kev

Postby Kev » 28 Nov 2009, 18:49

alice_cullen wrote:getting ure arse kicked by jackie chan or bruce lee. deserve it. u upset me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: so i hate you

that's good to know Alice but I'd prefer if u didn't bother my topic with other things I want people to stay on topic like these chats are supposed to be done u as a mod should know that and respect that! :)

katterz
FWG Chat Mod

Postby katterz » 28 Nov 2009, 20:08

my idea of happiness is when am at college with me best rm mates ever and luv them and spendin time with me new bf and goin on fwg to have a little chat with me fave people lol and hopin to have a great 17 birthday at college and at home :D

katterz xxx
You don't judge a book by it cover , so why judge me !!
+
I'm not who you think i am :P

katterz <3

Roi-antimalwaregeek
FWG Butt Kicker

Postby Roi-antimalwaregeek » 01 Dec 2009, 09:18

Well happiness for me is something unknown...... for me happiness is the smile on the face of a poor man who when I help him. actually helping others makes me happy.
Giving water to a thirsty person, food to a hungry person and helping the needy gives me real happiness. Spiritual advancement also sometimes makes me happy.

By the way I wanted to post an article, you can tell me the topic by pming me and maybe I will try to educate the users. (send me some article which is good)
:) :ugeek:
We nerds rock!!!!!!!!

KillaKlown
FWG sergeant

Postby KillaKlown » 02 Dec 2009, 06:57

All these uneducated kids and their "Brain Chemicals" It's called Dopamine Thats What makes ya happy. Anyway My Happiness is knowing that I can get by day by day with my homies watchin my back and knowing that at least one person out there gots my neck cause I got theirs
Feels Like the Earth Moved Under My Feet
I feel you In Every Single Heartbeat
You Are A Lovely Lovely Refrain
You Spin Round & Round In My Brain
I Sing This Tune Until It's Unfurled
You've Got The Sweetest A** In The World
By Alex C

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 02 Dec 2009, 11:56

Happiness is a notoriously hard thing to quantify, because its totally subjective, like pain.
I find it hard to accept the idea that happiness is just brain stimulation.

All the things we think constitute happiness can usually be linked to other independently held goods. Cohering with out conception of the 'good life'.
Things like Freedom, money, religion, interpersonal relationships.

But these do not necessarily make people happy.

So, what is happiness? I cannot provide an answer right now. But it is not just what is detailed above.

What makes me happy these days is the feeling that i am alive, flesh and bone.
That i am a body, an animal. But also a mind, a self aware being. Being able to form ideas opinions, engage with whatever life is, then express it in ways that communicate to many people. It sounds like hippy nonsense. But realizing where i am in life, even that i am alive, can make me happy.

I have provided my 2 cents.
Hail hail.

KillaKlown
FWG sergeant

Postby KillaKlown » 03 Dec 2009, 03:57

Munter wrote:Happiness is a notoriously hard thing to quantify, because its totally subjective, like pain.
I find it hard to accept the idea that happiness is just brain stimulation.

All the things we think constitute happiness can usually be linked to other independently held goods. Cohering with out conception of the 'good life'.
Things like Freedom, money, religion, interpersonal relationships.

But these do not necessarily make people happy.

So, what is happiness? I cannot provide an answer right now. But it is not just what is detailed above.

What makes me happy these days is the feeling that i am alive, flesh and bone.
That i am a body, an animal. But also a mind, a self aware being. Being able to form ideas opinions, engage with whatever life is, then express it in ways that communicate to many people. It sounds like hippy nonsense. But realizing where i am in life, even that i am alive, can make me happy.

I have provided my 2 cents.
Hail hail.

Dont take me as one of these "BRAIN CHEMICAL" happiness tools as far as I'm concerned Dopamine aint got jack all to do with my happiness
Feels Like the Earth Moved Under My Feet
I feel you In Every Single Heartbeat
You Are A Lovely Lovely Refrain
You Spin Round & Round In My Brain
I Sing This Tune Until It's Unfurled
You've Got The Sweetest A** In The World
By Alex C

Munter
FWG Mod

Postby Munter » 03 Dec 2009, 17:57

Haha no probs Killa. I wasn't tarring you with that brush.

Happiness is a good laugh.

Sphinx
FWG King

Postby Sphinx » 11 Dec 2009, 09:37

Happiness is...smashing those losers who come to visit me and the end up climbing all over me and exploring MY secret passages :twisted:

Return to “Serious Discussion”