Fear and ur opinions

Talk about serious issues here!
bob-jr
FWG Mod

Re: Fear and ur opinions

Postby bob-jr » 11 Oct 2011, 19:11

Shadow00 wrote:When you touch the ground after falling from any height, there is kinetic energy that suddenly needs to turn into another form of energy (whose name in English I don't know) because a millisecond before you touch the ground you're full of kinetic energy. So that energy if you remain still after a long fall can break your bones etc. So the only thing you can do is keep moving after you touch the ground aka roll as much as needed.

So i was right?

charmie222
FWG Minor Noble

Postby charmie222 » 14 Oct 2011, 16:59

Lamb wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:it happens that people are afraid of what they can't see,of what they don't know about.
Sometimes,by following this pattern people end up being afraid of themselves.
But that's for the psychologists :P I think we're afraid cause we must be. If you're not afraid,you'll end up jumping from a rooftop 20 storeys high .-.

im not afraid to jump off a building(as long as its 2 stories cause i will come out with no injuries,cuts,or bruises) because i know the secret to survive a fall.

YOU DONT................. I CANT EVEN JUMP FROM 5 METERS ...................

bob-jr
FWG Mod

Postby bob-jr » 14 Oct 2011, 17:52

Lamb wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:it happens that people are afraid of what they can't see,of what they don't know about.
Sometimes,by following this pattern people end up being afraid of themselves.
But that's for the psychologists :P I think we're afraid cause we must be. If you're not afraid,you'll end up jumping from a rooftop 20 storeys high .-.

im not afraid to jump off a building(as long as its 2 stories cause i will come out with no injuries,cuts,or bruises) because i know the secret to survive a fall.

For some reason latelly i dont seem to be getting bruised but it hurts when i poke the area. Yet theres no bruise or any indication there is one except for the pain it scares me.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 15 Oct 2011, 22:43

Shadow00 wrote:When you touch the ground after falling from any height, there is kinetic energy that suddenly needs to turn into another form of energy (Potential energy) because a millisecond before you touch the ground you're full of kinetic energy. So that energy if you remain still after a long fall can break your bones etc. So the only thing you can do is keep moving after you touch the ground aka roll as much as needed.

yes you got it right you flip foward so it doesnt kill you :D

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 20 Oct 2011, 10:50

fear is all in the mind, you won't neccessarily be dead pretty soon for those who do not fear death but embrace it death shall fear them. and plus your less likely to make a mistake due to fear, I fear only 1 thing...myself

IceCream
FWG peasant

Postby IceCream » 20 Nov 2011, 23:19

Fear is a distressed emotion aroused by impending danger, whether the threat is real or imagined. I have a fear of bugs, and a plenty of other things. ;P

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 21 Nov 2011, 05:33

IceCream wrote:Fear is a distressed emotion aroused by impending danger, whether the threat is real or imagined.
What that person said. I am very escared of needles. They shock me to the core,and if I'm near one,I'll be shaking like a maniac. Ever since I was a little kid,they have frightened me every time we went to the doctors office. Lets put it this way,if I am told "You need a booster shot",I'll be hiding in my covers for until I think it's safe.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Nov 2011, 02:36

Fear, in my opinion, is not a sign of weakness at all. It is a natural instinct of humankind--If we didn't have fear, we'd probably all be poisoned, bit by radioactive spiders, or mauled by bears. Fear is, in some cases, images caused by the fear itself--You know when a dog barks when threatened? It's feeling fear, and expressing it in that way. Like that little thing from Jurassic Park...

Our fear is more of our bark, or poison spit.

Remember Courage, The Cowardly Dog? This is my point:

Fear is Courage.

danny
FWG Mod

Postby danny » 22 Nov 2011, 05:26

fear causes adrenaline, and fear will always happen under certain circumstances. there is literally no way to avoid it. however, learning to control it makes one appear to not have fear. that or they just appear to be very stupid.

my biggest fear used to be a fear of the unknown, however, i've changed this into a strength, when i dont know i boldy go in, or find a calculated way to figure out what is unknown, thus eliminating the problem. now my biggest fear is radiation, although mostly i just dont like the idea of having a melted face

Zados
FWG Mod

Postby Zados » 28 Nov 2011, 00:24

there is no greater fear than the fear itself

i only fear one thing: to lose a human i love

Return to “Serious Discussion”