Carrie Elkin - Echo in the Hills
They call me Echo
My voice is real but not my own
It only shows what i've been shown
I'm the echo in the hills
And through the canyon
They hear I love you
They hear I love you
He sits by the water
His reflection to admire
A face that needs no other
And he whispers "I love you"
And through the canyon
They hear I love you
They hear I love you
And as the wind wakes
He speaks the words the canyon takes
I speak the words the canyon makes
For I'm the echo in the hills
And through the canyon
I hear I love you
I say I love you, too
They call me Echo
I'm the echo of the hills
Song Lyrics as Poems
Re: Song Lyrics as Poems
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!
- Foopzheart
- SKREEEEEEEE
- Posts: 3696
- Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
- Location: SKREEEEE
- Contact:
Re: Song Lyrics as Poems
Serj Tankian - Empty Walls
"Your empty walls...
Your empty walls...
Pretentious attention
Dismissive apprehension
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
When we decline, from the confines of our mind
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Those empty walls
When we decline, from the confines of our mind
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Want you to be
Left behind those empty walls
I taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
The walls
From behind those empty walls
I loved you
Yesterday, before
You killed my family.
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Want you to be, left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those goddamn walls
Those walls...
Those walls..."
It really depends on who you hear it from, but this song is about either the Iraq war and censorship of dead soldier's coffins or the Armenian Genocide (as many songs from Serj/SOAD are about). I learn more towards the former as the music video has some hints toward it (children's toys and kids used to play out what looks like the twin tower bombings and some other things)
"Your empty walls...
Your empty walls...
Pretentious attention
Dismissive apprehension
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
When we decline, from the confines of our mind
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Those empty walls
When we decline, from the confines of our mind
Don't waste your time, on coffins today
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Want you to be
Left behind those empty walls
I taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
The walls
From behind those empty walls
I loved you
Yesterday, before
You killed my family.
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
Don't you see their bodies burning?
Desolate and full of yearning
Dying of anticipation
Choking from intoxication
I want you
To be
Left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
Want you to be, left behind those empty walls
Taunt you
To see
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those empty walls
From behind those goddamn walls
Those walls...
Those walls..."
It really depends on who you hear it from, but this song is about either the Iraq war and censorship of dead soldier's coffins or the Armenian Genocide (as many songs from Serj/SOAD are about). I learn more towards the former as the music video has some hints toward it (children's toys and kids used to play out what looks like the twin tower bombings and some other things)
vaguely present

SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests
