Best NFL team this coming season?

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
The Zodiac Killer
FWG Field Marshal

Best NFL team this coming season?

Postby The Zodiac Killer » 25 Mar 2015, 01:10

Who do you guys have? I have Seattle, especially with the Jimmy Graham trade. And no, I am not a bandwagon fan lol. The 40Whiners are going nowhere, along with the Saints, Rams, Raiders, Texans, Titans, etc.
My name is Alex, and have been a member since '09. Love the site and the forum. Happily Married!

Icamenal
FWG God

Re: Best NFL team this coming season?

Postby Icamenal » 25 Mar 2015, 01:59

I have decided to like football, since everyone else around my area suddenly did. So I'm going with Seattle Seahawks, because they're from my state. And I see the chaplain and the runningback coach on a regular basis. Not that I'm ever say anything to them. Lol, I'm too introverted for that. What even is a runningback, anyway? And a bandwagon fan? I mean, I've heard of it, but I don't know what that is, and neither Urban Dictionary nor Google are helping any.
So as you can see, I am a very big football fan, and I am an expert on it.

Toady
FWG Mod

Postby Toady » 25 Mar 2015, 03:25

ICAMENAL wrote:I have decided to like football, since everyone else around my area suddenly did. So I'm going with Seattle Seahawks, because they're from my state. And I see the chaplain and the runningback coach on a regular basis. Not that I'm ever say anything to them. Lol, I'm too introverted for that. What even is a runningback, anyway? And a bandwagon fan? I mean, I've heard of it, but I don't know what that is, and neither Urban Dictionary nor Google are helping any.

A runningback is a guy that gets the ball out of the backfield and just runs it, really. The position has evolved to something more than just running the ball. You have to be versatile. You have to catch the ball, you have to block.. You're going to touch the ball 25-30 times a game. He's the guy that's usually lined up behind the quarterback or next to the quarterback. And a bandwagon fan is someone who likes a team just because they're good that year.. Like.. I'm an Eagles fan. I would be considered a bandwagon if I decided to like the Patriots because they won the Superbowl.

And the best team is either the Seahawks or the Packers in my opinion. The Seahawks UPGRADED their Tight End position by getting Jimmy Graham, but they lost Max Unger, a long time offensive lineman for them. If they find a solid replacement for him, they'll be a menace. The Packers are so good. Aaron Rodgers is GREAT. Jordy Nelson is GREAT. Eddy Lacy is GREAT. Their offensive line is GREAT.. What else can you say? They have such a high powered offense. If they get their defensive situation figured out, they'll be absolutely unstoppable.

I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm gonna say they're gonna win the superbowl regardless because that's just how I am.. They are running the fastest offense in the game, running a play every 20 seconds I believe. Their defense is looking like they're gonna be studs. They got Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews. They already had the speed with Darren Sproles and now with the addition of the other two runningbacks, they're gonna drop the hammer on some people. People don't like the acquisition of Sam Bradford, but I am starting to like it a lot since he ran this type of offense at Oklahoma and he thrives in a catch and shoot offense. It's gonna be funnnnnnn. :D
LET'S GO HATTERS!!!

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 25 Mar 2015, 03:42

Toady wrote:
ICAMENAL wrote:I have decided to like football, since everyone else around my area suddenly did. So I'm going with Seattle Seahawks, because they're from my state. And I see the chaplain and the runningback coach on a regular basis. Not that I'm ever say anything to them. Lol, I'm too introverted for that. What even is a runningback, anyway? And a bandwagon fan? I mean, I've heard of it, but I don't know what that is, and neither Urban Dictionary nor Google are helping any.

A runningback is a guy that gets the ball out of the backfield and just runs it, really. The position has evolved to something more than just running the ball. You have to be versatile. You have to catch the ball, you have to block.. You're going to touch the ball 25-30 times a game. He's the guy that's usually lined up behind the quarterback or next to the quarterback. And a bandwagon fan is someone who likes a team just because they're good that year.. Like.. I'm an Eagles fan. I would be considered a bandwagon if I decided to like the Patriots because they won the Superbowl.

And the best team is either the Seahawks or the Packers in my opinion. The Seahawks UPGRADED their Tight End position by getting Jimmy Graham, but they lost Max Unger, a long time offensive lineman for them. If they find a solid replacement for him, they'll be a menace. The Packers are so good. Aaron Rodgers is GREAT. Jordy Nelson is GREAT. Eddy Lacy is GREAT. Their offensive line is GREAT.. What else can you say? They have such a high powered offense. If they get their defensive situation figured out, they'll be absolutely unstoppable.

I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm gonna say they're gonna win the superbowl regardless because that's just how I am.. They are running the fastest offense in the game, running a play every 20 seconds I believe. Their defense is looking like they're gonna be studs. They got Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews. They already had the speed with Darren Sproles and now with the addition of the other two runningbacks, they're gonna drop the hammer on some people. People don't like the acquisition of Sam Bradford, but I am starting to like it a lot since he ran this type of offense at Oklahoma and he thrives in a catch and shoot offense. It's gonna be funnnnnnn. :D

Thanks so much for the explanation, Toady! I'm THAT much closer to being a expert like you. :p
Last edited by Icamenal on 11 Aug 2016, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

The Zodiac Killer
FWG Field Marshal

Postby The Zodiac Killer » 25 Mar 2015, 03:51

Your from Washington??
My name is Alex, and have been a member since '09. Love the site and the forum. Happily Married!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 25 Mar 2015, 08:32

Patriots everytime though, gotta represent baaaaahston
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 25 Mar 2015, 09:00

The Zodiac Killer wrote:Your from Washington??

Well, I'm going to reply to this, even though I replied to you in chat, so that to other people I don't look like some jerk who never replied to this. Um...because appearances are everything...
Yes, I am from Washington.
Crisis averted.

Return to “General Chat”