Democratic Republic of Tranquility.

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Rainshard
FWG God

Democratic Republic of Tranquility.

Postby Rainshard » 19 Mar 2016, 12:45

A man stood on a podium facing a vast congregation of people. "For too long has Tranquility been ungoverned." He recited, "Before attempts at forming a stable government were flawed or met with fierce resistance but today I put forward a system guaranteed to offer everyone in Tranquility a choice."

The crowd cheered as he continued. "Today, I am pleased to announce before you all, the creation of the Democratic Republic of Tranquility, allowing representatives from all corners of Tranquility to come together and make a change." The man left the podium, entering a large and magnificent building behind. The staff worked frantically inside to broadcast the details of the ambitious new form of government.

What is the DRT?

The DRT is a form of government accessible to everyone in Tranquility. Individuals or groups can put themselves forward to be a member of parliament to discuss new or existing laws, concerns with the nation or anything regarding Tranquility. Laws can be put forward by any members of parliament to be voted upon by other members. The law could be as wild or extreme as you want it to be, for example you could request that Arventians (Sorry Paul) must carry ID at all times or expel them from Tranquility entirely. Laws will then be discussed by members of the parliament before being voted on.

How can I join the DRT?

Any active roleplayers can join the Republic if they are accepted by the other members. If there are less members, it is more likely that you will be accepted. A small paragraph on why you would like to join the Republic and what you aim to achieve doing so may help your case.

I am not a fan of the Republic or its laws. What can I do?

Of course you can always oppose the laws if you do not agree with them, but this can lead to consequences. If you oppose the Republic as a government, you can always form opposition groups against it ...

Current Laws of the DRT
(Based upon the decrees of Foop)

1. Do not kill people without reason.

2. Do not claim your reason for murder was a suspicion, hunch, or anything of the like. You must prove they have done evil.

3. Do not take over, "reset", or pillage any group or kingdom without good reason. Good reason is as stated in rule two.

4. Feel free to establish some form of police force to protect your kingdom, country, or village, if you are the leader of one.

5. Clans, Kingdoms and all other organisations will not be forced to join the republic and are free to stay out of government business if they so wish.

6. Unprecedented violence will NOT be tolerated.

7. Dragons, wyverns, or any creature of the sort may live as they please as long as they abide by the rules.

8. All referred to as Gods may continue to claim that. In this world, freedom of religion is important. Cults however, are restricted if they rely heavily on violence.

9. The New Council has been rendered redundant. Clans need to apply to the DRT instead.

10. Arventians and beings from other worlds are given rights of passage in Tranquility if they abide by the rules. Any rules set out on those worlds are permitted as these only apply to Tranquility.

11. The ITPT will remain Tranquility's main police force until another is created to replace it.

12. To alter, amend or add any other rules, you must be a member of the Republic to do so. Kingdoms, clans and organisations can set their own additional rules for their specific group on the condition that they also. follow these rules above.

(Any questions please post below or pm me)
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: Democratic Republic of Tranquility.

Postby Rainshard » 19 Mar 2016, 17:23

Members of Parliament:
2015 dad

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 25 Mar 2016, 19:56

*Tumbleweed Passes By*
Out of Action.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 25 Mar 2016, 23:11

The Random Savior wrote:*Tumbleweed Passes By*

Literally fight me.

The fact there was a post got me excited.
2015 dad

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 26 Mar 2016, 02:51

Rainshard wrote:

Literally fight me.

Translation: die in a fire.

I assume zero percent of my characters are eligible for a position in the republic as all are Arventian.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 26 Mar 2016, 09:33

The Divine Potato wrote:
Rainshard wrote:

Literally fight me.

Translation: die in a fire.

I assume zero percent of my characters are eligible for a position in the republic as all are Arventian.

Arventian groups, organisations or kingdoms based in Tranquility are permitted to join the republic. Representatives of Arventia can join to discuss issues related to both Tranquility and Arventia.
2015 dad

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 27 Mar 2016, 01:18

welp.
Don't try, do.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 22 May 2016, 18:36