Everything Wrong About Thor Being Female

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
pudingeX
The Supreme Noobie Doobie

Re: Everything Wrong About Thor Being Female

Postby pudingeX » 24 Jan 2015, 03:13

Angel wrote:
pudingeX wrote:Hi Angel, I'm just here like to do the usual, spread some loki

WHY DON'T THEY MAKE LOKI A GIRL!?
Why does it have to be Thor? Hmmm?
Oh right, because Loki has soooo many fans.
Poppycock! Thor has fans...WELL HE HAS ENOUGH FANS OK.

Loki gave birth to a six-legged horse but we still prefer Thor being the girly one
Yos

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 24 Jan 2015, 03:38

Its just marvel trying to appeal (even more) to female audiences.
Just like the reason we have batgirl, shehulk, Supergirl(abomination, really).
I don't really mind canons (Catwoman, Wonder Woman, black widow), but trying to make a female spinoff of some male character usually fails. USUALLY.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 10 Jul 2016, 10:54

Angel wrote:Thor is hot, why fix something that isn't broken? We already have a Wonder Woman, a Black Widow and a Cat Woman, you don't see anyone turning them into men now do you.

I know this is an old topic but this point particularly caught my eye. First off, most of the female super heroes wear outfits suited to their feminine bodies, e.g. Catwoman's tight leather/spandex suit, Wonder Woman's armor, etc.

Now, try picturing men in those costumes.

also, found these pictures of gender swapped avengers:

I dunno, I just don't mind female Thor, and while I know you're absolutely obsessed with it, don't judge a book by its cover before you've read it.
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 10 Jul 2016, 20:24

Leprechaun Lukia wrote:
Angel wrote:Thor is hot, why fix something that isn't broken? We already have a Wonder Woman, a Black Widow and a Cat Woman, you don't see anyone turning them into men now do you.

I know this is an old topic but this point particularly caught my eye. First off, most of the female super heroes wear outfits suited to their feminine bodies, e.g. Catwoman's tight leather/spandex suit, Wonder Woman's armor, etc.

Now, try picturing men in those costumes.

also, found these pictures of gender swapped avengers:

I dunno, I just don't mind female Thor, and while I know you're absolutely obsessed with it, don't judge a book by its cover before you've read it.

but abs
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 10 Jul 2016, 23:37

The ONLY characters that actually look good as women are Catwoman and Wonder Woman. NONE of the others look good at all, especially She Hulk. The ONLY reason guys want Thor to be female is so the character can show boobs and ass. Thor was male to begin with, he doesn't need a sex change. Just because that's the "norm" now days.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 11 Jul 2016, 03:36

Angel wrote:boobs and ass.

Fair enough.
(Joke)

I like the idea of having a completely different story to something.
Marvel isn't a single universe, it's a multiverse with different timelines. I like looking into another timeline than what we already are familiar with.
I've lost my pieces.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 11 Jul 2016, 14:13

Angel wrote:The ONLY characters that actually look good as women are Catwoman and Wonder Woman. NONE of the others look good at all, especially She Hulk. The ONLY reason guys want Thor to be female is so the character can show boobs and ass. Thor was male to begin with, he doesn't need a sex change. Just because that's the "norm" now days.

Just listing a few names off the bat here: Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, etc.
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Sugilite-Rocks
FWG Duke

Postby Sugilite-Rocks » 11 Jul 2016, 17:34

"Thor was male to begin with, he doesn't need a sex change. Just because that's the "norm" now days."
i just want to point out that "female thor" is just basically jane foster with a hammer. she took the hammer after Thor and gained his powers. (source: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jane_Foster_(Earth-616) read the "Becoming Thor" part.
And, I'd note that "sex change" is a pretty stupid term, gender reassignment is better, but that's not the point. And?? who ever said that getting "sex changes" is a norm nowadays??

Also, angel, same thing with she-hulk, she's not gender-swapped hulk, she's actually his cousin.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 26 Jul 2016, 01:56

Well if Thor isn't worthy because of a whisper, why let him keep it if that was his kryptonite, give it to someone who won't be brought down by a few words.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 02 Aug 2016, 17:43

Ok, so in talking with Mike (my bf), he basically told me, and don't quote me on this because I'm probably not going to tell it exactly as he did, but here's basically what might happen with the 3rd and final Thor movie...
Ragnarok is a massive war between all of the religions or whatever and everyone involved in this war dies...including Thor... which means Jane will become Lady Thor in order to become leader of the people and she will become worthy of wielding Mjolnir. This will not make her Thor! They are not going to turn Thor into a woman, they will just give a woman the ability to weild Mjolnir.
Don't flip out if I didn't get that 100% correct, it's just what I got out of talking to my boyfriend.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Return to “General Chat”