Modern Warfare 3 Annoucement

Chat about games on freeworldgroup.com or elsewhere!
evilzombie
FWG Mod

Modern Warfare 3 Annoucement

Postby evilzombie » 14 Feb 2012, 22:49

Modern Warfare 3 is adding 5 new prestige levels!
Total of 15 Prestige Levels now! Have to be at Prestige Level 15 to reset all stats. Before, it was Prestige Level 10 to reset all stats.The people that have MW3 for PC got the new prestige levels first. But the consoles Xbox 360 and PS3 will get the new prestige levels soon. All the prestige icons are all the same. But the number(I, II, III, IV, V) on top is the only thing that change. And that's Prestige Levels 11-15.

Will keep y'all updated.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 Annoucement

Postby Lamb » 16 Feb 2012, 01:38

Prestige 15 to reset??
thats the confusement to me...
I've lost my pieces.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 16 Feb 2012, 22:27

MW3 Patch 1.09 Detailed:
Infinity Ward is continuing to support MW3 with more than just monthly Elite DLC drops. The game also continues to get patched and balanced based on community feedback, and patch 1.09 is expected to hit the PS3 and Xbox 360 soon with some new fixes. Here’s the list:

(1) Addition of 5 new prestige levels that were already added to the PC
(2) HD video uploads for PS3
(3) Fix for music issue (will allow better music adjustment)

The patch is going through the PSN and XBL certification process now, so it should be hitting your console within the next few weeks.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 17 Feb 2012, 23:18

This is as close to an "official" announcement as we're gonna get..

Rumors have been abound that Black Ops 2 would be the next Call of Duty game. Following that, we were told that a new Call of Duty game would launch in 2012.

Today, we got more evidence that that new Call of Duty game is in fact Black Ops 2. Here’s the skinny…

Earlier today Amazon France put up a product page for Black Ops 2. The page was quickly removed, however this was not before several French game blogs saw the page and put up a story about it. Here’s where things get real.

Activision contacted those game blogs and asked them to take the story down. Some sites obeyed but one in particular, Gameblog, refused. Activision responded by un-inviting them from next week’s Transformers: The Fall of Cybertron event, revoking their rights to review copies of Activision games, and by removing all Activision advertising from their website.

While this is still far from an official confirmation of Black Ops 2 it certainly seems obvious that Activision would not have gone through this much effort to kill this story if it weren’t true.

So what are your thoughts? Are you glad that the next Call of Duty game will be a sequel to the well-received Black Ops or would you rather have seen something totally different?

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 20 Feb 2012, 16:39

Looks like a reality check that most people were going to figure out about Black Ops 2 anyway...

Activision to Reneg on Bans for Black Ops 2 Announcement?
A few days back, the French version of Amazon slipped up and put Black Ops 2 up for preorder on their site. Many sites, including us, were quick to report on the issue. Activision responded to those reports by asking all of the sites to take their reports down. When Gameblog refused, we were told that Activision was pulling all support, advertising, media, and relations from the company.

Activision has now publicly responded to the claims in the form of a denial. Activision says that they do not blacklist journalists and believe it was a misunderstanding.

Our guess is that the whole “blacklist” fiasco was someone over at Activision going beyond their own authority and threatening to do these things via email without actually having the power to do it.

Either way…who’s ready for some Black Ops 2 zombies?!?

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 20 Feb 2012, 16:43

Who's getting a Vita now?

Call of Duty Coming to PS Vita
Call of Duty is officially coming to the PS Vita, and it’s a BIG DEAL.

In a recent (really long) video with Gametrailers, Sony’s Senior VP of Brand Marketing, Guy Longworth, announced the upcoming game. Longworth mentioned that he thought the game would be a real game-changer for the Vita and for Call of Duty, but wouldn’t expand on any specifics as to what exactly the game would be.

He did mention that the PS Vita version of Call of Duty would be releasing this fall so we’re guessing it is simply going to be a Vita version of Black Ops 2, though it remains possible that it will be a spin-off like the Vita has done with some other franchises such as Uncharted. Either way, it’s good that Sony wised up and put dual analogs on the PS Vita so that a tight FPS game like this can actually work on the handheld.

In addition to likely making Activision another large bucket of money, this announcement is really big news for the Vita. The Vita is struggling in Japan but the attachment of a big budget mainstream FPS franchise should give it a huge kickstart in the US/Europe and will likely play a large role in the handheld’s future success.

So, is this enough to make you buy a Vita?

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 21 Feb 2012, 22:09

Get it on!

PSA: Overwatch is Live for Elite Subscribers on XBL

MW3 owners with Call of Duty Elite access on the Xbox 360 have been playing Liberation and Piazza for a solid month now. It’s time to add to that list, as Overwatch is now live.

Overwatch is the 3rd DLC drop for Call of Duty Elite, and the only one coming this month. Don’t worry though, this is just the calm before the storm. April will feature a whopping three DLC drops to keep you coming back to MW3.

As usual, Call of Duty Elite subscribers that are playing on the PS3 should be able to get their hands on Overwatch in about a month and non-elite subscribers will get it much later.

For those of you that have played it, what do you think of Overwatch?

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 21 Feb 2012, 23:29

The new prestiges came in today for xbox so far as I know.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 21 Feb 2012, 23:52

imnot buying the vita at the moment,maybe when a cfw comes out.If there is a Black ops 2 on vita ,with good graphics or at least gameplay like mohh on the psp, i might get it
I've lost my pieces.

wii dude is the best
FWG Baron

Postby wii dude is the best » 22 Feb 2012, 00:50

Lamb wrote:imnot buying the vita at the moment,maybe when a cfw comes out.If there is a Black ops 2 on vita ,with good graphics or at least gameplay like mohh on the psp, i might get it

I would get the vita, it has touch screen, two joysticks, and 3D games, way worth it dude.
Hello reader. Look behind you, i probably just saved you from the thing behind you, if not im sorry i couldn't help

Return to “Game Chat”