Ignore/In chat Pm's

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Walking Zombee
Hand of the King

Ignore/In chat Pm's

Postby Walking Zombee » 09 Feb 2013, 04:54

So first things first. Lets say some troll was doing its thing, trolling and everybody was getting annoyed and there was no mod present. Everybody can click the troll's name then a tab will open up labeled "ignore", and you won't be able to see the person's words until you decide to unignore him/her

Second things second. PMing someone through profile can be slow sometimes. So instead you can click their name, a tab, then a tab will come up labeled "Private Message" And you can send a message to that person that ONLY the recipient can see.
dab

mmm
FWG Mod

Re: Ignore/In chat Pm's

Postby mmm » 09 Feb 2013, 05:43

Chaos Light wrote:So first things first. Lets say some troll was doing its thing, trolling and everybody was getting annoyed and there was no mod present. Everybody can click the troll's name then a tab will open up labeled "ignore", and you won't be able to see the person's words until you decide to unignore him/her

Second things second. PMing someone through profile can be slow sometimes. So instead you can click their name, a tab, then a tab will come up labeled "Private Message" And you can send a message to that person that ONLY the recipient can see.

CBOX won't let you do this stuff. Unless we get a new chat box, this isn't going to happen. I also believe FWG doesn't want a private chat function because it'd be abused.
Image For trying.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 10 Feb 2013, 15:22

MMM has a point. Also, this has been brought up about 4 times. Cant be done in a chat room and could be used to bully other users
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 12 Feb 2013, 02:10

Rainshard500 wrote:MMM has a point. Also, this has been brought up about 4 times. Cant be done in a chat room and could be used to bully other users

Not to mention how much it would cost to get a chat box that supports that and how much work is needed for one that allows moderators look at the Pm within the chat
Also,You have to go through extra steps to actually connect to the chatbox as a user for the one i've seen.
I've lost my pieces.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 25 Feb 2013, 13:07

Lamb wrote:
Rainshard500 wrote:MMM has a point. Also, this has been brought up about 4 times. Cant be done in a chat room and could be used to bully other users

Not to mention how much it would cost to get a chat box that supports that and how much work is needed for one that allows moderators look at the Pm within the chat
Also,You have to go through extra steps to actually connect to the chatbox as a user for the one i've seen.

X.at chatboxes lets you do those things for free, and you can also have a friends list. I know you guys hate X.at and I'm really sorry for censor doding! xD
But it has so many cool features that would cost a lot of money to be put in a Cbox.
There are ranks from highest to lowest, which is Main Owner, which is basically an administrator, then there's Co-Owners which take a different process to become, then there's Owners, who can demote mods,make mods, kick members, and ban members. Mods can do the same except demote and make mods. And then there's members who are obviously, the members of the chat. Then there's Guests, who, can not have the abilitiy to not talk if you set it on the chatbox. Guesting people can help you figure out problems between one person and another who are fighting. Guest one, get the others story and vice versa.

Kicking someone can be used for a warning, which is very sufficient, since they immediately shut up from my experience as being a mod and owner of several X.at chatboxes and communities.

You can also private message people on the chat, and private chat them, which opens up a little tab below the chat.

And, believe it or not, freeworldgroup is in fact, is very safe. It's really hard for an outsider to go to the FWG's x.at chatbox unless they've been given the link, or been to the FWG website. Besides, outsiders you can merely guest so they can't see anything. If you want, I can supply screen shots on all these features.

I know FWG's had a rough history with freeworldgroup chatboxes, but they give so many awesome, free, features that you don't need to pay for. But, it's just a suggestion. They're really cool chatboxes, and from looking at the other free chatboxes, x.at chatboxes are the best.

If you guys do consider taking this option in, just private message me, and I'll supply screen shots and what not showing the features, and if my recorder works, make a small video with a couple friends.

Again, deeply sorry for censor dodging. Not trying to cause trouble. >.<

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 25 Feb 2013, 18:20

Dude, x at won't work. The primary problem with x at is that we can't have x at chats on our own website. We'll move all the chatters to x at's site instead of allowing chatters to play games and chat at the same time.

Not to mention we don't even WANT in chat-PMs. Rule breaking will be rampant.

Also, what good will adding an ignore function do? Nothing that you can't do in real life (ignore the person).

Besides for the private chat function, there is nothing x at supports that we can't do.

Don't sweat the filter dodge, you weren't recruiting for your own chat or anything.
Image For trying.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 25 Feb 2013, 20:54

mmm wrote:Dude, x at won't work. The primary problem with x at is that we can't have x at chats on our own website. We'll move all the chatters to x at's site instead of allowing chatters to play games and chat at the same time.

Also, what good will adding an ignore function do? Nothing that you can't do in real life (ignore the person).

Besides for the private chat function, there is nothing x at supports that we can't do.

Don't sweat the filter dodge, you weren't recruiting for your own chat or anything.

If you replace the current location of where the cbox is right now, on your website layout with your designated x at chatbox html code, it'll be there, so users can both play games and be on the chat at the same time. Here's a screenshot of a personal website of mine. http://prntscr.com/u5id7 Here you can see that the chatbox appears and connects to x at and the chatbox without bringing you to the original link.

You just need the html code for it which when you edit the chatbox, and go to chatbox settings, it'll show them.

And, I understand the reasons against private chats and ignoring people with cause less conflicts with rival members. If i hate a random person, named i dunno, Edward, and we get into constant fights, me or him ignoring the other will cause less fights.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 25 Feb 2013, 22:07

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
mmm wrote:Dude, x at won't work. The primary problem with x at is that we can't have x at chats on our own website. We'll move all the chatters to x at's site instead of allowing chatters to play games and chat at the same time.

If you replace the current location of where the cbox is right now, on your website layout with your designated x at chatbox html code, it'll be there, so users can both play games and be on the chat at the same time. Here's a screenshot of a personal website of mine. http://prntscr.com/u5id7 Here you can see that the chatbox appears and connects to x at and the chatbox without bringing you to the original link.

You just need the html code for it which when you edit the chatbox, and go to chatbox settings, it'll show them.

And, I understand the reasons against private chats and ignoring people with cause less conflicts with rival members. If i hate a random person, named i dunno, Edward, and we get into constant fights, me or him ignoring the other will cause less fights.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that.

Regardless, I've the feeling that there are some drawbacks either Hito or Frook could point out.
Image For trying.

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 25 Feb 2013, 22:39

mmm wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:

Oh, I didn't know you could do that.

Regardless, I've the feeling that there are some drawbacks either Hito or Frook could point out.

Like having to make all the mods into mods again xD
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 03 Mar 2013, 02:11

Making modetators is pretty simple. .-.

Here's some screenies of some of zeh features. All bad words, and words that give out the exact location/link of the chatbox on x at have been blocked out, so dun worry peeps. :lol:

X at also has a feature where if you post a youtube link, it will show in a box on the side showing the video. Here you can also see the ranks, orange=owner, white=mod, blue=member, green=guest. In my chatbox, guests cannot speak so that user hasn't said anything xD http://prntscr.com/ut6rx

In dis one screenie above, I'm a moderator in that community, but I'm acting as Owner since the main owner had to be away. And, I blanked out the name of the Chat which appears right to the left of the x at logo. This chat's backround pics aren't working for some reason.

Here also, You can see that since I'm an owner(more specifically main owner) I can make this user, Shade, a guest, member, mod, or owner with an easy button. Other features, like marrying them or becoming best friends costs powers and stuff. Buying powers on x at are pretty useless, and most of them are just to decorate your name or have cool emoticons which are weird. O.o
http://prntscr.com/ut4bw

Here, is all the basic features for editing your chatbox. There's a total of 6 pages, I belive that you can fill in for Rules, Information, Ban List, Staff Team, and other things you'd like to put there. Here you can see my rules to my personal chatbox xD
http://prntscr.com/ut57o

There's also a large feature of emoticons too. http://prntscr.com/ut5mb

Here is the menu when you click on "Chatbox Settings" in the edit page. http://prntscr.com/ut6c9

Sorry ish not a lot of em, I got lazy xD

Return to “Suggestions”